2016-2017 Wright State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II. Complete 7/27, IS.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! how far out were they scheduling interviews when you received yours??
Dude they only give you the next available date you can schedule unless you explicitly ask for another date. It's an appointment made by phone BTW. I'd say interviews would be going until next spring though.

There's not a portal where we can check our status or anything right? We just submit the secondary and receive an email if we get an interview?

Dude they only give you the next available date you can schedule unless you explicitly ask for another date. It's an appointment made by phone BTW. I'd say interviews would be going until next spring though.
Right, but I wonder when the "next available date" has been recently. Toledo has me a little spooked since I just got an II and the next available date was end of November which is getting kind of late in the cycle.

Yes this is why I was asking... I received an II from a school a couple weeks ago and the only available date was in November... Some schools are giving out II this week and are scheduling for next week... I was just wondering how far Wright State is along and how far ahead they schedule II

Reactions: 1 user
FWIW, I scheduled mine for October 18th because I have another II in Ohio the week before.

Reactions: 1 users
hmmmm i'm a non-trad, and silence from them so far. :(

my friend was a non-trad and got interviewed in January, accepted and matriculated.... I'm a non-trad too so lets keep the spirits up! I've heard great things about Wright State

Reactions: 2 users
my friend was a non-trad and got interviewed in January, accepted and matriculated.... I'm a non-trad too so lets keep the spirits up! I've heard great things about Wright State

Again, I heard this through a friend of a medical student so it could also not be true. Also, I'm not sure this holds true for IS vs OOS. It's early for everyone still no matter what!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Also FWIW, I'm not a non-trad (current senior) and I have an II. So don't sweat it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Booyah II received! OOS. Completed 7/19 :)

Finally got my secondary today! My primaries were processed and sent out 6/20, I just assumed I was getting a silent rejection.

They didn't have any earlier dates available? The woman that scheduled me today strongly advised that I take the 10/5 date (so I did). Just seems odd to me

I think that interviewing at the earliest convenience is always best. Just make sure you read over your app so you can speak confidently.

There's no portal for this school, right? I have the complete E-mail since mid-August, nothing yet. OOS, LizzyM 66, graduated in May, so taking a "gap/application" year... I think that's still considered trad these days.

Got a complete email early August. Still silence from this school. Anyone in a similar situation?

Dead silence on my end as well. Complete since mid-July. OOS and LizzyM 68.

@macdeb59 I was just curious if the acceptance emails have already gone out? If not, do you know when they might go out?

Thanks you so much for all your help on here!

I was wondering the same thing. I thought they were supposed to go out October 15th, but since it's the weekend, I'm hoping they'll go out sometime during this upcoming week.
It's Monday morning! Hopefully we hear something soon :)

@macdeb59 I was just curious if the acceptance emails have already gone out? If not, do you know when they might go out?

Thanks you so much for all your help on here!
Acceptance emails went out just a little bit ago. Acceptance packets and rated and rejected letters were in the mail today.

Interviewing here later this month. Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for this interview? It looks like it's two 45 minute interviews, but not sure what the format is. Thank you!

Interviewing here later this month. Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for this interview? It looks like it's two 45 minute interviews, but not sure what the format is. Thank you!
Two one on one interviews. Could be two faculty, or could be one faculy, one student.

Two one on one interviews. Could be two faculty, or could be one faculy, one student.
Hi Debbie, I am sorry if this is an inappropriate question, but how often are interview invites sent out?

About every two weeks.
I've been complete since mid-July and haven't heard back yet. Is there still a chance that I might be getting an invite in the near future?
Edit: thank you very much for your response.