2016-2017 University of Vermont Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Feeling like Leo from Titanic :confused: There's got to be enough room for one more! Vermont, please send me that II :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 14 users
I interviewed this past Sat, Jan 28th. One of my fellow interviewees was invited to interview ~4 days prior. So yes they're still sending out IIs.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed this past Sat, Jan 28th. One of my fellow interviewees was invited to interview ~4 days prior. So yes they're still sending out IIs.
Did they mention/reference how many more interview days they have? I know portal says March but last year also said March and they stopped in mid-Feb IIRC.

Reactions: 1 users
Did they mention/reference how many more interview days they have? I know portal says March but last year also said March and they stopped in mid-Feb IIRC.

I did not inquire. I assume there are vacancies as students drop out of interview slots. Otherwise I'm not sure.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard back from the December 5th interview group? They said 4-8 weeks but still nothing over here...

Has anyone heard back from the December 5th interview group? They said 4-8 weeks but still nothing over here...

I interviewed Dec 3rd and still haven't heard anything. From what I remember, they said it would likely be until mid February.

I interviewed November 5th and still haven't heard. I think they must be way behind

Has anyone accepted received a confirmation from the school about FAFSA or the background check?

I haven't received any kind of confirmation for FAFSA or background check from the school (completed both ~4 weeks ago ago).

I'm still in the pool... what is going on?? I want to be where the people are.

Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was told by admissions that Feb 25th is the last interview day when I called to try to reschedule mine. Just FYI.

are they still sending out II invites for the 2/25 day???

are they still sending out II invites for the 2/25 day???

I work with someone who got her II to the 2/25 day either Friday 2/3 or yesterday (she told me yesterday since she knows I'm attending that day). She will be turning it down though as she was accepted somewhere closer to home, so I know there's at least 1 slot!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew today. Gave 80K scholarship back. Good Luck everyone!!

Reactions: 12 users
Any news from anyone? Have the November interviewees heard back yet?

Any news from anyone? Have the November interviewees heard back yet?

Not sure about November, but I interviewed the first week in December and haven't heard anything. Anyone hear back recently?

Interviewed November 5th and still haven't heard. When I do I will be sure to post here

I had a November interview and was accepted 2nd week of December. I'm very surprised all the decisions aren't out yet since they said January for most of the decisions from my interview date.

+1

Last edited:
Anyone know if they are still sending out IIs? I called in last month, and they said their last interview day is in February, which is now.....they also said they have a few slots left and will send invites out the week before interview....is this still true? Anyone and newer updates?

Anyone know if they are still sending out IIs? I called in last month, and they said their last interview day is in February, which is now.....they also said they have a few slots left and will send invites out the week before interview....is this still true? Anyone and newer updates?

Their last interview day is the 25th. Nice to know they're still sending them out, but no one has posted here about getting them as far as I know

I haven't received any kind of confirmation for FAFSA or background check from the school (completed both ~4 weeks ago ago).

I didn't either. Emailed them and they said that they did receive my FAFSA...didn't ask about the background check. It cleared through the third party though.

I didn't either. Emailed them and they said that they did receive my FAFSA...didn't ask about the background check. It cleared through the third party though.

Thanks for the update. Did they say when they might get back to you about financial info?

Got my response today. Waitlist. Have to say I'm not super excited about enduring another couple months of uncertainty. :(

Anyone have any idea what percentage of people end up accepted from the waitlist each year?

Got my response today. Waitlist. Have to say I'm not super excited about enduring another couple months of uncertainty. :(

Anyone have any idea what percentage of people end up accepted from the waitlist each year?

+1 would also like to know about the waitlist movement!

^According to MSAR there are typically 150 - 200 waitlist positions and ~20 are granted an acceptance.

Congrats to those accepted. Anyone else on the IS waitlist?

Accepted! Interviewed Dec 3rd. OOS Do they mail out an acceptance letter in addition to the email?

Reactions: 4 users
Stupid question... they haven't rejected me yet and I just sent an update and they thanked me for it... any chances for an II or are those hopes pretty much dashed at this point?

Stupid question... they haven't rejected me yet and I just sent an update and they thanked me for it... any chances for an II or are those hopes pretty much dashed at this point?

Other people have stated that the final interview day is this Saturday, the 25th, so unfortunately unless someone cancels I don't think the chance is too great

Who is planning on going to the second look day (April 21 for those interested)?

Reactions: 2 users
Other people have stated that the final interview day is this Saturday, the 25th, so unfortunately unless someone cancels I don't think the chance is too great

Ah bummer -- thank you!

Waitlisted today. OOS. Hopefully there's some movement in May. This was my top choice.