2016-2017 University of Vermont Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Let's give her a break. We're all on edge here while we anxiously wait.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected pre-II via portal. States they have completed their interview cycle/finished distributing interview invites.

Hoping for decisions to come out tomorrow.:banana:

Reactions: 1 users
Well got rejected, not very happy. Probably not applying here next time. Good luck to everyone else.

Last edited:
I am dying waiting here. I got in one place and am waitlisted two others.....and mentally this waiting is rough. I was a Jan 28th interview. Seems we have to wait one more week! Anyone else from Jan 28th already heard back?

Well got rejected, not very happy. Probably not applying here next time. Good luck to everyone else.
Sorry to hear.
Don't give up.
Good luck in your future endeavors.

does anyone know what attire is appropriate for 2nd look day

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know what attire is appropriate for 2nd look day

I'm guessing (hoping;)) they give us more info before. The RSVP survey gives options such as hiking...so I'm guessing we'll hear more when they solidify itinerary.

Does anyone know what the deferral policy is? I can't find anything on the website about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from 1/28 interview heard anything?

I interviewed on 1/28 and still haven't heard back. I am getting pretty anxious because I have no other acceptances. I did have one other interview, but I haven't heard anything back from them either.

I interviewed 2/25 and got a brunch location recommendation in CT from a fellow interviewee... not trying to derail this thread but I forget the name and really want to try it so if you're on here and could PM me that would be awesome!

I interviewed 2/25 and got a brunch location recommendation in CT from a fellow interviewee... not trying to derail this thread but I forget the name and really want to try it so if you're on here and could PM me that would be awesome!

Brunch is always relevant.

And once again we've come around to food. For good reason though, because it was glorious!

I also remember them telling us that decisions wouldn't be made all at the same time. If someone you knew got in and you hadn't heard anything, not to panic.

Would anyone like to share some things that they really like about UVM medical school and also some things that are not the best here.

Would anyone like to share some things that they really like about UVM medical school and also some things that are not the best here.
Pro: Topiary shaped like a rocking horse

Con: The groundskeeper gets mad when you try to ride it

Reactions: 6 users
Pro: Topiary shaped like a rocking horse

Con: The groundskeeper gets mad when you try to ride it
This school has really made an effort to move away from the paternalistic approach to the physician-flora relationship, so if mounting the shrubbery is important to you, I don't think UVM would be the best fit.

Anyone that interviewed 1/28. Didn't they say we would hear back around the end of february/early march?

Well historically it's been taking people 2-3 months to hear back from this school, so I can't say I'm surprised...
Well, we're coming up on two months. I would really like to hear back soon.

Took them a month and change to get back to me.

Maybe they were faster at the beginning of the cycle? Some people on the thread reported waiting 2-3 months for WLs/rejections. Hopefully good news will be on the way soon for us though.

Luck of the Irish tomorrow
Hoping for good news here.:)

Guess we won't be hearing today.
No luck of the Irish.:luck::(

It's match day. They're pretty busy, I'd imagine.

We also just had the second biggest blizzard in Burlington. I always wondered how much it would take to close the medical school and apparently it is about 30.4 inches!

Woah, they actually closed?! Also interviewed 1/28/17...and anxiously waiting. Maybe next week, now that Match is over? I'm on two waitlists, no acceptances, and a reapplicant. Here's to hoping:hello:

Just got waitlisted.... the suspense continues! Interviewed Jan 28.

Just got waitlisted.... the suspense continues! Interviewed Jan 28.
You would be the first person hearing back from that day that I know of so far...I also interviewed that day and have heard nothing so far. Making me nervous. I am currently on two waitlist and one acceptance but I would rather go here. Blah. Waiting is exhausting!

Rejected today post interview. Devastated as this was my first choice. I know the cycle isn't over quite yet -and I'm on 2 waitlists -but this one hurts.

Congratulations to those waitlisted and accepted. I'd give almost anything to be in your shoes. I know waiting is hard --but it's not a no. Good luck to everyone who's still in the running!

Rejected today post interview. Devastated as this was my first choice. I know the cycle isn't over quite yet -and I'm on 2 waitlists -but this one hurts.

Congratulations to those waitlisted and accepted. I'd give almost anything to be in your shoes. I know waiting is hard --but it's not a no. Good luck to everyone who's still in the running!

Sorry to hear that! When did you interview?

Are you hearing this via email? I also interviewed 1/28 and its crickets over here!
Don't worry Grace8822! Crickets for me too and same interview day. Nothing in the portal or email. Our time will come this week, I'm optimistic!