2016-2017 SUNY - Upstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I actually received an answer from the admissions department. If anyone else has seen this you can PM me as the answer may reveal some aspects of your application - or just email admissions, they're very kind
how long did it take to hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone who was put on hold until December received II?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed 11/16 heard back yet?
I think they meet again in early January and will review from your date through December. This sound correct anyone?

Last edited:
So portal cleared means you can't see your interview date etc. on the portal anymore?
Yes. The portal no longer states you have been selected for an interview (i.e. it goes back to the way it was before you were notified of an interview)

Portal cleared... Interviewed on 11/16...panic attack in full swing 12/20

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 11/16... Not cleared yet. Does that mean something? Or does it just mean they haven't reviewed me yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 11/16... Not cleared yet. Does that mean something? Or does it just mean they haven't reviewed me yet?
I wouldn't say it means anything. I've had schools notify me of changes well after those who interviewed after I did.

I realize I worded that awkwardly.

Exactly what YayPudding said. In fact, I was not included in the first "portal clearing" for my interview date. Those that were cleared first had no correlation to whether they were accepted or rejected/waitlisted.
Portal cleared... Interviewed on 11/16...panic attack in full swing 12/20
Good luck!!

Has anyone on here not taken statistics? I have an M2 friend at Upstate who had to take it the summer before matriculation. Her acceptance was "conditional" on her taking the class and passing with at least a C I believe. Do you think that will affect my chances of getting in?

Has anyone on here not taken statistics? I have an M2 friend at Upstate who had to take it the summer before matriculation. Her acceptance was "conditional" on her taking the class and passing with at least a C I believe. Do you think that will affect my chances of getting in?

Nah

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was (conditionally) accepted and haven't taken stats

Any who interviewed after 11/16 hear or see anything?

Check your portal guys! I havent got an email yet but got accepted through the portal a few hours ago!

CHECK YOUR PORTAL I GOT IN!!!!

Congratulations you guys. When did you interview, if I may inquire?

Accepted!!! Just finished crying tears of joy with my mom and dad. Thank you God

Reactions: 8 users
Shocked and very disappointed that I received the soft rejection, hold by committee alternate list post-II.

Given the responses I had from my interviewers I expected an acceptance and at worst HPWL.

Best of luck to you all for the rest of the cycle.

(Before you all ask, stats: LM >70, >2000 clinical, >250 volunteer, very strong LORs)

Shocked and very disappointed that I received the soft rejection, hold by committee alternate list post-II.

Given the responses I had from my interviewers I expected an acceptance and at worst HPWL.

(Before you all ask, stats: LM >70, >2000 clinical, >250 volunteer, very strong LORs)

I'm sorry. I wish you the best of luck. The new year will bring great news for you. Be strong

when did you interview?

Absolute bummer.

Yeah Dean Welch said latest first week in January
So no one will likely hear back this week?
11/16 here. Nothing on portal for me. I think I've been checking every 5 minutes since other people from my date started receiving decisions. Does portal clear indicate a decision has been made or that you have been reviewed?

So no one will likely hear back this week?
11/16 here. Nothing on portal for me. I think I've been checking every 5 minutes since other people from my date started receiving decisions. Does portal clear indicate a decision has been made or that you have been reviewed?
From what I understand, portal clearing may indicate a decision has been reached post-commmittee meeting. Your file may be among those included in the early January meeting (?)

Merry Christmas and all the best this cycle everybody

what is HPA list?
PM'd you, but I'll post here for others

Post-interview statuses at Upstate:

1. Outright acceptance
2. High priority alternate (HPA) = a ranked list where people can be accepted later in the cycle after others have decided to go elsewhere. Lots of movement, so a good shot of acceptance.
3. Alternate hold = basically a rejection
4. Outright rejection

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user