2016-2017 Florida Atlantic University (Schmidt) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I used an employment experience and a leadership experience for my "most meaningful" on my AMCAS application. Should I just repeat myself? Find a different way of saying the same thing?

Members don't see this ad.

Just submitted my primary application. How long did it take for you guys to get secondaries?

You actually wrote none for one of them?? Also, I didn't get a confirmation email either.
It said "employment not related to patient care," my employment is related to patient care so I wasn't going to repeat my essays from my primary or ignore their directions lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Just submitted my primary application. How long did it take for you guys to get secondaries?
I got it this week (sounds like they didn't send any before this week,) and I was processed 6/14

Just submitted. Hoping for some OOS love.

Hi guys! Did any of you experience any problems with the FAU Secondary Portal? For some reason, I tried to log in and it would not recognize my email address and password. And when I tried to reset my password with my e-mail address, it would not recognize it. I was working on it the other day.

so for the prompts in parenthesis, it says "not related to patient care if non, please write none" does that mean you can't write about any experiences related to patientcare for the prompts? The wording kinda confusing

Reactions: 1 users
so for the prompts in parenthesis, it says "not related to patient care if non, please write none" does that mean you can't write about any experiences related to patientcare for the prompts? The wording kinda confusing

I had the same question, can someone call the school to confirm and tell us what they say

I had the same question, can someone call the school to confirm and tell us what they say

Last year's said the same thing I believe. I was baffled at first too, but I think maybe it's to see if you did any volunteering or had activities that were not directly aimed at improving your med school app/gaining clinical experience. Could be wrong, but just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

they added another comma i think lmao, it means what you think it means.

Anyone else have a status change yet? Mine now says "Preliminary review in progress". So nervous!

Reactions: 1 user
"Current Status: Preliminary Review Completed" -- I'm not sure when it changed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Still no secondary. Do you guys think I should call them?

for the question on creative endeavor, should I avoid mentioning a sport i am heavily involved in. dont think its really a "creative" endeavor but just wanted to see peoples opinions here

for the question on creative endeavor, should I avoid mentioning a sport i am heavily involved in. dont think its really a "creative" endeavor but just wanted to see peoples opinions here

That's a stretch

is there anyone who still hasn't received a secondary?

Hey guys has anyone called their office and gotten through to speak to someone? An answering machine told me to leave a voice mail instead

i got my secondary july 27, submitted today. my sister whose primary actually got verified a few days before mine still hasnt gotten a secondary, maybe theres a glitch in their system?

what are the character limits for the prompts?

Same here, I wonder if they're going in reverse order of verification lol
From what I read in last year's forum, they send secondaries in waves. Hopefully we are apart of the next wave.

Has anyone reached out to them yet regarding the word/character count for the secondary essays besides the first one? Thanks

I would stick with the word count of the first one. If they don't mention a word count.....then there is no word count. :smack:

Words of advice.. Just say what you have to say without them looking at it and saying...I have to read all this?

I would stick with the word count of the first one. If they don't mention a word count.....then there is no word count. :smack:

Words of advice.. Just say what you have to say without them looking at it and saying...I have to read all this?

Agreed. I used the first character count as a guideline. I think one of my essays may have been slightly over, but only by like 100 characters max.

I submitted a few days ago my primary and got one almost 2 days later. Haven't submitted secondary yet but I have it.

Still no secondary. I might have to fully exploit my SDN neuroticism and leave the miami airport during my layover Saturday to go talk to them! Haha

Sent from my SM-G930P using SDN mobile