2022-2023 Florida Atlantic (Schmidt)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine went from "admissions screening completed" to "preliminary review assigned". No idea what this means

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a 'preliminary review completed' now. Is this a good sign or does everybody get this?

Everyone gets it it’s part of the process. After this it’s the II or the rejection.

II today (9/20)! It's my first one and I'm very happy rn, secondary submitted on 08/27, OOS but I'm from FL and went to FAU for undergrad! If anyone else has already interviewed, I'd love to hear how it went

Reactions: 2 users
II today (9/20)! It's my first one and I'm very happy rn, secondary submitted on 08/27, OOS but I'm from FL and went to FAU for undergrad! If anyone else has already interviewed, I'd love to hear how it went
Do you know how long your portal showed as 'preliminary review complete' before you received your interview?

Hello everyone, if you already had your interview, please share your experience.

has anyone gotten a pre-II R or been on “preliminary review completed” for more than a month or so? trying to gauge when I should expect to hear back.

Hey guys. I retook my MCAT on 9/9/ and supposed to be receiving score by 10/11. Do you guys think it's too late to apply this late in the cycle?

Hi! Did anyone get a complete email from them following secondary submission?

II invite today!! This is my top choice school, im so excited

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IS II received 9/23, Complete 8/17. I was on preliminary review assigned for like 6 days and I never got preliminary review complete like most people weirdly enough.

For those who had their interview, did you hear back?

Did anyone get an email saying their MMI will be held in person?

do they accept pre-interview letters of interest?
I wouldn’t recommend doing that even if they do. Your secondary is your letter of interest. If you have significant updates though you could slide a note about your continued interest into an update letter.

Did anyone hear back from this school after the interview?

Anyone hear anything yet? They said it would be after 2 PM EST but so far nothing changed on the portal.

Anyone hear anything yet? They said it would be after 2 PM EST but so far nothing changed on the portal.
nothing changed on my portal yet, but Monica just called & I got the A!!! wishing everyone the best!!!

Just got the acceptance! Still deciding whether this would be my top choice among the other schools that I interviewed at. I wonder what Motor GP would do?

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the acceptance! Still deciding whether this would be my top choice among the other schools that I interviewed at. I wonder what Motor GP would do?
Congrats! Not sure what to do either, gonna talk to motor gp and figure some stuff out. Best of luck and congrats again! Herbert is next!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Nvm just got the acceptance call even though nothing changed on the portal!

I got an email notifying me that I was placed on the alternate list

Do you know how they treat the waitlist? do people even come off the waitlist for this school?

Accepted! Got the call at around 1:30 CST and email at 3:30 CST

Is it normal that they ask you to make a decision by October 31st??? I haven't received any other offers yet and am still interviewing.

Same here. My acceptance email says that I have to make a decision by October 31st though
To my understanding, that's just for them to hold you a spot during this whole application cycle. It's not binding/commit to enroll, it's just saving you a seat. I think you have to pay a deposit but I think it's also refundable. Regardless, it's not binding at this point (someone with more knowledge please correct me if I'm wrong though lol)

Reactions: 3 users
II today at 3:30pm! OOS Complete 8/16

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
A today! LM 70, ORM, complete 8/17, interviewed first week of October, instate and attended FAU for undergrad.

Reactions: 4 users
II today!! complete mid august! first md invite

Reactions: 5 users