2022-2023 Florida Atlantic (Schmidt)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They told us tomorrow! I actually had a missed call yesterday but got another today!
*gulp* also among the "you will hear on 2/10" group... anxiously waiting, this is my top choice school!!🤞

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Where do we see the decision?
I got an email and checked my portal. I was put on Alternate List. Congrats to all who received As!! I'm hoping to get off the Wait List when the time comes! looks like WL movement maybe happens in the end of May /early June.

Reactions: 1 users
I got an email and checked my portal. I was put on Alternate List. Congrats to all who received As!! I'm hoping to get off the Wait List when the time comes! looks like WL movement maybe happens in the end of May /early June.
Ah gotcha, did not receive an email or anything yet

Edit: just got alternate list email lol

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know when the waitlist should start moving?

Curious about everyone's thoughts on sending a LOI. It seems like a good idea based on previous threads, but looking at their WL email from a few weeks back,

"In the meanwhile, send important updates to us by updating your secondary application. Again, do not send updated transcripts or letters to the Office of Admissions until we request them."

Does this include a letter of interest (not an update letter)? Also, does anyone know how the waitlist is ranked (first come first serve, stats, or score)?

Reactions: 1 users
Curious about everyone's thoughts on sending a LOI. It seems like a good idea based on previous threads, but looking at their WL email from a few weeks back,

"In the meanwhile, send important updates to us by updating your secondary application. Again, do not send updated transcripts or letters to the Office of Admissions until we request them."

Does this include a letter of interest (not an update letter)? Also, does anyone know how the waitlist is ranked (first come first serve, stats, or score)?

i’ve been told that LOIs make a difference but i’m unsure how the WL is organized and i don’t think they’ll tell us

Has anyone else just had complete silence since they submitted?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody on the 3/17 decision day heard back yet? In the interview, they said we'd know by 2 pm but still nothing at 3:30

If anyone was curious about my last question, I found the answer on the 2024 AAMC Waitlist Procedure. For FAU, it states the following:

"Once it is determined seats are available with the College, applicants are reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. The waitlist is not ranked, therefore all applications are re-reviewed."

Hopefully, that helps someone's mental health.:confused:

Thanks for posting that link above RE: Waitlist ranks.

I was also worried about sending a LOI because of that email! Also... this thread has been so quiet this year 👀... hoping us AL peeps get to see some movement in the next couple of weeks/month 🤞

For those who did send a LOI, did you send it through email or through the portal?
I haven't sent it because I'm still writing it, but I plan to send it via the admissions email. The portal has room for 3 updates that have to be within 500 characters, I believe. I don't think there is any official place to send it. Good luck to you, and I hope this helps.

I haven't sent it because I'm still writing it, but I plan to send it via the admissions email. The portal has room for 3 updates that have to be within 500 characters, I believe. I don't think there is any official place to send it. Good luck to you, and I hope this helps.

they actually don’t accept letters via email they only take updates via the portal. so it has to be 500 characters

Recently got rejected here but I just want to say that that was one of the nicest rejection letters I've ever received. Will be applying again next year. ✌️🥲

Last edited:
I got rejected recently and I will be applying next year. I checked the portal and it said "passive withdrawal", I am baffled as I submitted secondary, LOR, Caspers results, etc. I will be contacting them but honestly feel embarrassed.

I got rejected recently and I will be applying next year. I checked the portal and it said "passive withdrawal", I am baffled as I submitted secondary, LOR, Caspers results, etc. I will be contacting them but honestly feel embarrassed.
I just checked mine too and I have the same status. What does "passive withdrawal" mean? Please let me know if they respond to you.

Do you know when we should expect to hear about the waitlist movements?

Recently withdrew my application/acceptance! Best of luck to the many deserving applicants on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
they actually don’t accept letters via email they only take updates via the portal. so it has to be 500 characters

Did they say this during the interview? I just wanted to double-check because the AL email does mention that you shouldn't send any letters but the 500-character update says it just gets added to your secondary.

Did they say this during the interview? I just wanted to double-check because the AL email does mention that you shouldn't send any letters but the 500-character update says it just gets added to your secondary.

my AL emails says do not send any letters to office of admissions and during my interview they said any updates should be done through the portal

my AL emails says do not send any letters to office of admissions and during my interview they said any updates should be done through the portal

i just rechecked the email and it says send any important updates through the secondary on the portal

Any updates about the waitlist!!!

Are there confirmation emails from the waitlist email or making updates in the secondary portal?

can anyone who went to second look elaborate on the LIC model and how helpful/unhelpful current students find it? are rotations shared with other schools or is it fairly easy to get our preferences?

is there a GroupMe or Facebook page for admitted students? help!

can anyone who went to second look elaborate on the LIC model and how helpful/unhelpful current students find it? are rotations shared with other schools or is it fairly easy to get our preferences?
from what I know, most of the south rotations share rotation sites with schools like FIU, Nova and Miami. Most students get their preferences