2022-2023 Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was accepted in the last batch or two of As, and IIRC, one of my interviewers called me around this time, and other called me an hour or two later. The night is young, my friends!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got a call with an A from one of my interviewers!! Congrats everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
This is kind of a random/unimportant question, but can any current students share if UF is one of those med schools that give all their incoming students a laptop/iPad? I know they give a stethoscope (unless that's changed from what I last heard lol) but I was just curious. (Again, I know this isn't an important question, I was just wondering and I didn't really have anyone I could ask)

A little delayed, but a few weeks ago I found out I was waitlisted. Congrats to all of those who got the A!

This is kind of a random/unimportant question, but can any current students share if UF is one of those med schools that give all their incoming students a laptop/iPad? I know they give a stethoscope (unless that's changed from what I last heard lol) but I was just curious. (Again, I know this isn't an important question, I was just wondering and I didn't really have anyone I could ask)
i dont think they give laptops but i cant speak about ipads. one of my friends goes here and he bought his own laptop before they started so i assume they didn't get a free one.

Fellow accepted students--did you guys receive an acceptance letter in the mail after the "A" phone-call?

How long did that take post A? I got the call on 11/29 and have nothing in the mail :( I check literally everyday
It took a while. I was accepted on Nov 1st and got the welcome package around Thanksgiving, and my acceptance letter about a week and a half ago.

Do you guys feel like there will be more interview invites in January? Doesn’t seem like a lot of people report those on here

Members don't see this ad :)
I am very confused by my state schools. I have interviews at 6 schools (4 t20) and silence from these schools. I thought being in state w a competitive application would at least get me an interview. Do they favor applicants that did undergrad in state?
Assuming your stats are pretty good from your T20 interviews, they could be yield protecting. Did you try sending a letter of interest?

Assuming your stats are pretty good from your T20 interviews, they could be yield protecting. Did you try sending a letter of interest?
I don’t think this is a thing. 4/7 of my II and both my A are public FL schools. USF in particular really likes high stats

I remember they told us that they’d come in late at night, not sure how late though.

Got the waitlist email an hour ago, congrats to those who got the A!

• Care
Did everyone else IS get an email today saying they are residents for tuition purposes? Or did people get this never/at different times?

I’m really confused by UF. Born and raised in Florida. Did my undergraduate degree in-state. Submitted my secondary in early August and still radio-silence. Even after submitting an update/interest letter in late November. Have had 6 II so far, one at a T5, and still radio silence from these guys…Do I have a chance? Is it over?

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I’m really confused by UF. Born and raised in Florida. Did my undergraduate degree in-state. Submitted my secondary in early August and still radio-silence. Even after submitting an update/interest letter in late November. Have had 6 II so far, one at a T5, and still radio silence from these guys…Do I have a chance? Is it over?
Florida resident for over 16 years, score, gpa, etc all within the msar provided range. Nothing but radio silence from all but 2 Florida schools. Not sure whats up but I hope its a volume of applications issue rather than a my app is not competitive enough issue :(

• Care

Florida resident for over 16 years, score, gpa, etc all within the msar provided range. Nothing but radio silence from all but 2 Florida schools. Not sure whats up but I hope its a volume of applications issue rather than a my app is not competitive enough issue :(
Same. Even went to UF for undergrad, live and worked in Gainesville for years too. Also 8 IIs and some really good programs but I haven’t heard from ANY public Florida school. I think UF ends interviews at end of Feb so if no II by end of this month it’s over for us

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
This process is so unpredictable. I hope you get some good news soon but either way, you should be proud of the II's you've received so far! I haven't heard back from schools I initially thought would be my top choice so I could be closer to home. Now I am happy with the way it happened because I realized the programs I did get into were a better fit for me.

Reactions: 2 users
Same. Even went to UF for undergrad, live and worked in Gainesville for years too. Also 8 IIs and some really good programs but I haven’t heard from ANY public Florida school. I think UF ends interviews at end of Feb so if no II by end of this month it’s over for us
holy moly I didnt know they ended in feb. damn

This process is so unpredictable. I hope you get some good news soon but either way, you should be proud of the II's you've received so far! I haven't heard back from schools I initially thought would be my top choice so I could be closer to home. Now I am happy with the way it happened because I realized the programs I did get into were a better fit for me.
Appreciate all the kind words. Yeah it’s weird. I’ve been a Florida resident for 21 years. I hope it’s the volume as well, but wishing success to all of you and many II and As. I had no idea they finish up by the end of Feb and I’m not sure if there’s anything else I can do to even push my app along. Are they receptive to people calling and asking for updates? I’ve heard from literally only 2 Florida schools so far. Horrible

Appreciate all the kind words. Yeah it’s weird. I’ve been a Florida resident for 21 years. I hope it’s the volume as well, but wishing success to all of you and many II and As. I had no idea they finish up by the end of Feb and I’m not sure if there’s anything else I can do to even push my app along. Are they receptive to people calling and asking for updates? I’ve heard from literally only 2 Florida schools so far. Horrible
+1! I am pretty surprised about the outcome so far from my state schools. I definitely am regretting my schools list- I applied to less OOS schools because I thought I'd have a good shot at a FL one!

+2! lifelong FL resident with uniquely FL experiences and complete before Sept, v frustrating

+2! lifelong FL resident with uniquely FL experiences and complete before Sept, v frustrating

+3! Born and raised in Florida. Went to UF for my undergrad. Worked at their hospitals as a CNA for two years and completed early August

+3! Born and raised in Florida. Went to UF for my undergrad. Worked at their hospitals as a CNA for two years and completed early August
the betrayal is crazy :( I really wish florida was state exclusive like texas. the is vs oos tuition isnt that big of a difference either yet schools like uf, ucf, and usf seem to be stretching out that way.

+4.. have decent stats, living and working in FL, submitted back in like July, and have not heard back from a single school here. So crazy…

Same here. Got 5 II so far, only 2 from Florida schools. One from a T5 public OOS school. My stats are all in range, my feedback from UF last cycle shows that I improved on everything they told me to improve on, and my fiance is going here for her PhD. Sent an update and everything. I'd love to commit to UF if I had the chance since I know I would go there over any other school I applied to, but nothing but dead silence. It's rough because I want to be with my fiance so badly. Even though I'm blessed to have an acceptance, and will more than likely end up getting off UCF's waitlist eventially, I can't help but feel saddened that I didn't even get a chance with UF with their interview season ending soon.

• Sad
yo?! like you submitted your secondary a month ish ago and were marked complete 1/12?
Whoops, I don't really know the terminology here too well, my bad, but I submitted my secondary 1/12! Got the II 1/27

• Wow
Whoops, I don't really know the terminology here too well, my bad, but I submitted my secondary 1/12! Got the II 1/27
holy moly thats still insane! Congrats!! I submitted my secondary + was marked complete in august and am still waiting lol

Last edited:
holy moly thats still insane! Congrats!! I submitted my secondary + was marked complete in august and am still waiting lol
Thanks! I thought it would have been a waste of money to send the secondary at this point, but I spent months writing those essays so I went for it! Never lose hope!

anyone have any luck w submitting a letter of interest and getting an II?

Is this school done w interviews? I’m so confused by my state schools. Other than usf it’s been crickets. Already have acceptance to schools ranked way higher (whatever that means) so I don’t get it. Do they yield protect? Or is it bc I went OOS for undergrad?

Last edited:
Is this school done w interviews? I’m so confused by my state schools. Other than usf it’s been crickets. Already have acceptance to schools ranked way higher (whatever that means) so I don’t get it. Do they yield protect? Or is it bc I went OOS for undergrad?
Those are all fair things to speculate, but unfortunately, it's really just speculation unless someone from the admissions committee personally drops in and tells us what's up.

Those are all fair things to speculate, but unfortunately, it's really just speculation unless someone from the admissions committee personally drops in and tells us what's up.
Yes absolutely. Was just wondering if any other IS people having no luck w Fl schools.

Reactions: 3 users