2016-2017 Florida Atlantic University (Schmidt) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'd think if you got invited to second look then you have a pretty strong chance of getting in. That would be kinda cruel to invite you and then ultimately not accept you.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
thats actually very reassuring
looking forward to meeting you !

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Received the email inviting me to Second Look!!!
Super excited to visit again.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED off the alternate list! Will be attending! You all still waiting got this.

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone ever been invited to Second Look and not been accepted?

I'm a little worried I'm going to make the trip tomorrow and get super excited just for this to not work out in the end...

I'm a little worried I'm going to make the trip tomorrow and get super excited just for this to not work out in the end...

yep, see previous years threads.

Yeah it's happened before, however unlikely it may seem. Also I share your concern (although I live close by) and am pretty sure attending second look does not actually affect your numerical ranking on the waitlist.

I posted in this thread a few months back but wanted to offer again - I'm a current CESCOM student and would be happy to answer any questions from a student perspective.

I posted in this thread a few months back but wanted to offer again - I'm a current CESCOM student and would be happy to answer any questions from a student perspective.
I have a question if you'd be willing to answer. I'm a current undergrad at FAU and I know for the class starting this fall 2017 the average MCAT is reported at 513. Do you have any deeper insight on the importance of MCAT scores for this school? I know the school is very selective since it only accepts 64, but how much emphasis do they place on stats? My GPA is above their average but I'm worried about the MCAT (taking it in a few weeks).

I have a question if you'd be willing to answer. I'm a current undergrad at FAU and I know for the class starting this fall 2017 the average MCAT is reported at 513. Do you have any deeper insight on the importance of MCAT scores for this school? I know the school is very selective since it only accepts 64, but how much emphasis do they place on stats? My GPA is above their average but I'm worried about the MCAT (taking it in a few weeks).

I'm not involved with the admissions committee, so I can't give a direct answer. I would imagine they are looking at it with importance just like other schools as it seems to predict success with your future board exam performance. Extracurriculars are important but you have to have the stats too.

So...
Did no spots open up after traffic day and no one from the alternate list got accepted??
Either that, or the people who did don't post on SDN. XD

Members don't see this ad :)
So...
Did no spots open up after traffic day and no one from the alternate list got accepted??

I was told the adcoms wouldn't be meeting for around a week and students wouldn't be hearing for around two very possibly more
Also I counted 25 waitlisted students at second look if that helps.

I was told the adcoms wouldn't be meeting for around a week and students wouldn't be hearing for around two very possibly more
Also I counted 25 waitlisted students at second look if that helps.

They don't accept off of the list numerically?

So, are they re-ranking us?

Even more waiting I guess.

So...

I was recently accepted from alternate list, sorry forgot to post! Also offered a scholarship. Currently figuring out if I will be accepting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Also I find it weird that some alternate list candidates received an invite to second look day since I never got one! (not that I would have made it if I had.)

Also I find it weird that some alternate list candidates received an invite to second look day since I never got one! (not that I would have made it if I had.)
I thought it was strange as well for some to be invited, but regardless I'm happy for you (and your reduced tuition) and I hope I get to join you in august!

Here's to hoping someone gets good news this week or next!

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my spot, that's one more open seat for you guys! Good luck all.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call today, accepted off the alternate list!!!

Is there an accepted students Facebook list?

Got the call this morning, accepted!!!!!!
Trying so hard not to cry at work today.

Reactions: 6 users
It was a difficult decision, but I withdrew my acceptance this morning after getting pulled off the waitlist for my top choice. CESCOM is an incredible place and I'm very excited for all of you who will be matriculating. For those on the waitlist, I hope the spot goes to one of you!

It was a difficult decision, but I withdrew my acceptance this morning after getting pulled off the waitlist for my top choice. CESCOM is an incredible place and I'm very excited for all of you who will be matriculating. For those on the waitlist, I hope the spot goes to one of you!

I Got your spot !

Got the call this morning, accepted!!!!!!
Trying so hard not to cry at work today.

Congratulations! I've been rooting for you whenever I've seen your posts through through all these various forums :)

Congrats to all the acceptances!! I'm still waiting to hear back.. hope you guys left a spot for me lol

Accepted last Friday too! Will be attending. Does anyone have the link to the Facebook group?

Accepted a few days ago but withdrew... Good luck and hope it goes to someone here!

Hey everyone. Congrats to those who have gotten in! I was never called for an interview, so I'm not expecting any miracles. But my status says "passive withdrawal"--what does that mean? did anyone else get this?

Hey everyone. Congrats to those who have gotten in! I was never called for an interview, so I'm not expecting any miracles. But my status says "passive withdrawal"--what does that mean? did anyone else get this?

Most likely means they sent you the interview email and you didn't accept within the five or so days they give....

I'm applying with a 504 and a 3.93. Hopefully my GPA and EC's will make up for the mcat
Where did you end up attending. I currently applying and just received my MCAT (504) super worried. From FL.

Where did you end up attending. I currently applying and just received my MCAT (504) super worried. From FL.

Sdn tip. You can private message the user to ask or more discreetly look at his previous messages/posts by clicking on their user name.