2021-2022 Florida Atlantic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to all of y’all! I’m starting to feel very discouraged, I’m not gonna lie. I have another acceptance but FAU is my top choice. I know I should just be grateful I’m in somewhere, but it’s still hard.
I'm so sorry. I felt the same way, it is not an easy spot to be in. Congratulations on your A, that’s wonderful! Either way you will become a great physician.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 user
I'm in the exact same boat. I feel like writing a new letter of intent every single day, but at the risk of annoying them to death, I'm trying my best to just wait and hope the dream comes true. I really hope we'll see each other in Boca. Congrats on your other acceptance, btw!
It’s a really weird spot to be in! I wish they’d just let us know either way, but thank you for making me feel less alone in this. I hope that happens too! And thank you so much. Best wishes to you!

Last edited:
I'm so sorry. I felt the same way, it is not an easy spot to be in. Congratulations on your A, that’s wonderful! Either way you will become a great physician.
Thank you, and once again congrats to YOU! I don’t want to downplay anyone’s success just because I’m worried about myself.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you, and once again congrats to YOU! I don’t want to downplay anyone’s success just because I’m worried about myself.
Oh, not at all. This whole process has been very nerve racking for me, so I completely understand. Have you written a LOI recently? Like Monica said during interview day, letting her know that FAU is your top choice REALLY helps. I feel like that's what got me the A

I'm in the exact same boat. I feel like writing a new letter of intent every single day, but at the risk of annoying them to death, I'm trying my best to just wait and hope the dream comes true. I really hope we'll see each other in Boca. Congrats on your other acceptance, btw!
How many LOIs have you sent? I was afraid of annoying them as well, but I think it's worth a shot just to show your interest and dedication to FAU

Oh, not at all. This whole process has been very nerve racking for me, so I completely understand. Have you written a LOI recently? Like Monica said during interview day, letting her know that FAU is your top choice REALLY helps. I feel like that's what got me the A
I’ve emailed Monica once a month since my interview lol but I just emailed her again. It can’t hurt. Thanks for the encouragement!

Hi all! I’ve been silently watching this thread for a while as a waitlisted applicant. I was trying to remain optimistic, but also mentally preparing myself for the possibility of being rejected. I got the call from Monica at 8 p.m. on Tuesday and accepted the offer immediately. I know it’s difficult, but stay positive! I heard from them when I least expected it.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off the waitlist this Tuesday, so happy to get the call from Monica. Anyone who is still waiting, hope your turn will come soon! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Is there an accepted student Facebook page? I didn’t see one linked in the thread
+1. Also, does anyone have any leads on housing? My partner and I will want a private condo/apartment/house to rent, without paying $5,000 a month 🥲