2022-2023 Florida Atlantic (Schmidt)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @bacon_n_backsquats for serving up this year's questions!

2022-2023 Florida Atlantic (Schmidt) Secondary Essay Prompts

1. Whether or not you will be a full-time student, please provide details of your activities/employment for the application year. (1200 characters)

2. Tell us why you would like to be admitted to the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at FAU. What makes you a good fit for our College of Medicine? (1600 characters)

3. Tell us about your most meaningful community service experience that is unrelated to direct patient care. How did you grow? What did you learn? What did you enjoy about serving others? (1600 characters)

4. You may have worked during or after college. Having to maintain paid employment can be challenging, yet it can also develop a number of qualities that can help you succeed in medical school, as well as beyond. Tell us about your most meaningful paid employment. What was it about the experience that made it meaningful? What qualities and skills did the job help you develop and strengthen? What traits do you feel you learned while with that employer and/or the work experience? Experience does not need to be related to patient care. If none, please write not applicable. (1600 characters)

5. Tell us about your leadership experience(s) and/or key leadership skills. (Organized a fundraiser, had club/organization officer role, etc.) How do you motivate or influence people? If none, please write not applicable. (1600 characters)

6. Briefly describe a situation where you had to overcome adversity; include lessons learned and how you think it will affect your career as a future physician. If none, please write not applicable. (1600 characters)

7. The Florida Atlantic University Schmidt College of Medicine has made a commitment to foster an inclusive environment in which every person in our medical school community has the ability to achieve their full potential. We are proud to have a medical school rich in cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity. What values, skills, talents, and life experiences would you contribute to our community? (1600 characters)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
Florida Atlantic University Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
IS secondary received 3:20pm today 7/22. I was also just verified today. I wonder if they screen because I got mine back day of?

IS secondary received 3:20pm today 7/22. I was also just verified today. I wonder if they screen because I got mine back day of?
I'm IS with stats above their averages so I doubt I got screened, I think they are just only now sending them out

Reactions: 1 user
@wysdoc OOS w/ secondary invite. Character limits include spaces

Whether or not you will be a full-time student, please provide details of your activities/employment for the application year. 1200 ch

Tell us why you would like to be admitted to the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at FAU. What makes you a good fit for our College of Medicine? 1600 ch

Tell us about your most meaningful community service experience that is unrelated to direct patient care. How did you grow? What did you learn? What did you enjoy about serving others? 1600 ch

You may have worked during or after college. Having to maintain paid employment can be challenging, yet it can also develop a number of qualities that can help you succeed in medical school, as well as beyond. Tell us about your most meaningful paid employment. What was it about the experience that made it meaningful? What qualities and skills did the job help you develop and strengthen? What traits do you feel you learned while with that employer and/or the work experience? Experience does not need to be related to patient care. If none, please write not applicable. 1600 ch

Tell us about your leadership experience(s) and/or key leadership skills. (Organized a fundraiser, had club/organization officer role, etc.) How do you motivate or influence people? If none, please write not applicable. 1600 ch

Briefly describe a situation where you had to overcome adversity; include lessons learned and how you think it will affect your career as a future physician. If none, please write not applicable. 1600 ch

The Florida Atlantic University Schmidt College of Medicine has made a commitment to foster an inclusive environment in which every person in our medical school community has the ability to achieve their full potential. We are proud to have a medical school rich in cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity. What values, skills, talents, and life experiences would you contribute to our community? 1600 ch

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS received last night at like 11 PM eastern

is anyone having trouble opening the portal link? I submitted my secondary a few days ago and now the link doesn't work.

Has anyone received a complete email? Or do we just a confirmation email after submitting?

II IS, LM 75.6, complete 7/26

anyone know more about the interview format? MMI like last year?

Did you happen to notice if your portal changed to Preliminary Review Completed prior to interview invite?

My portal has changed to this status but sadly no II
II received IS complete 7/23. Looks like “preliminary review complete” is the penultimate status

Anybody else having issues scheduling their interview? Nothing is showing up for the list of available dates

For FL residents they say we need to upload the Voter's Registration but how can I do that when I am a permanent resident and cannot register to vote until I become a citizen?

Has anyone else had this problem? Once I received the interview email my portal status changed to "selected for interview". However now when I log in it is back to "preliminary review completed".

So does “preliminary review complete” mean you are likely to get an II? I, OOS, submitted my secondary on 8/15 and I just checked today and it says “prelim review complete”. Don’t know how long it was like that thou. I’m surprised they reviewed my app rather quickly. I didn’t submit my last LOR until 8/19.

Has anyone else had this problem? Once I received the interview email my portal status changed to "selected for interview". However now when I log in it is back to "preliminary review completed".
No, I just have prelim review completed

II received this morning!! IS, submitted 7/31 and had my status changed to "preliminary review complete" on 8/30.

Does this school screen for secondaries?

Anyone else's status says "Current Status: Admissions Screening in Progress" because mine for some reason says something much different than everyone else. I already submitted my application and they should have already received my casper results too. Am I the only one?

Anyone else's status says "Current Status: Admissions Screening in Progress" because mine for some reason says something much different than everyone else. I already submitted my application and they should have already received my casper results too. Am I the only one?
nah mine says the same

interviewed here on 8/25! IS and submitted secondary on 8/1! Thought I had posted this earlier but evidently I forgot

does anyone elses portal say "admissions screening completed"? I never got a "preliminary screening" update, only an "admissions screening" just now…