2022-2023 Florida Atlantic (Schmidt)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did u portal status change?

last time i checked my portal was around late September and that’s when i saw “preliminary status reviewed” and that was the last time i had checked before today. i got the email saying i’d been selected.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I received an II for FAU. For those who have interviewed, are they doing MMI interviews with one traditional style interview? Do you know how they do it virtually? Are you one on one with a professor and switch virtual rooms? or are you all together and type out your answers? Do you respond vocally?

Last edited:
I received an II for FAU. For those who have interviewed, are they doing MMI interviews with one traditional style interview? Do you know how they do it virtually? Are you one on one with a professor and switch virtual rooms? or are you all together and type out your answers? Do you respond vocally?
After writing this I received an email with instructions lol nvm

Members don't see this ad :)
A today! I'm over the moon as this is my first one! Grew up in Boca but moved away and I'm so happy to have the opportunity to.

Reactions: 2 users
interviewing this week, any advice??
If you've gotten the II, they already really like you! Just show them who you are (as a person), and relax! The admissions team are super nice and just want to get to know you! Have snacks/water to eat and drink throughout the day.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone else's portal still say Admissions Screening in Progress? Complete in July and wondering if the review will ever be complete.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone else's portal still say Admissions Screening in Progress? Complete in July and wondering if the review will ever be complete.
+1 complete July also

A today! I'm over the moon as this is my first one! Grew up in Boca but moved away and I'm so happy to have the opportunity to.
Massive congrats!!! Do you mind sharing stats and whether you are OOS or IS?

Members don't see this ad :)
alternate list today :/ when does WL movement tend to happen?
Around May, based on last year's thread, which is a shame for those who wanted their first acceptance before Christmas and the wait is nerve-racking ;-; but remain hopeful, I'm sure you'll get in, GL!

II today! OOS, submitted secondary back on 7/27

Reactions: 3 users
Also surprisingly got a II today! OOS, complete 8/26

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when the waitlist moves? I think it’s around April but not sure. This is my top choice school!

Would anyone who has interviewed at FAU this season care to share their interview experience? Curious to know it's traditional MMI (like 8-10 stations with different scenarios) or if it's a traditional interview. Thank you much in advance :)

Would anyone who has interviewed at FAU this season care to share their interview experience? Curious to know it's traditional MMI (like 8-10 stations with different scenarios) or if it's a traditional interview. Thank you much in advance :)
It was 8 MMI stations

does anyone know when the best time to send an intent letter? i’ve seen that waitlist movement doesn’t happen till about may so is it to early to send?

does anyone know when the best time to send an intent letter? i’ve seen that waitlist movement doesn’t happen till about may so is it to early to send?
I think now is the time to do it. I’m also planning on sending one soon :)

Does anybody know roughly when the Interview Day ends? The emails all say that it starts at 9am with a lunch with students from 12-12:45. I have a meeting at 3pm on the same day and am unsure if I will be able to make it. Thank you!

Does anybody know roughly when the Interview Day ends? The emails all say that it starts at 9am with a lunch with students from 12-12:45. I have a meeting at 3pm on the same day and am unsure if I will be able to make it. Thank you!

it ended around 3:30 for me!

Has anyone here had luck being in contact with the admissions office? Phone voicemail box is full and haven’t gotten an email response.

For those who have interviewed here, when did you receive your ProspectHR link?

I interviewed a couple of weeks ago and I was checking my portal and it says "Admissions Committee Scheduled." Before this, it just said that my interview was scheduled.

Does anyone know what this means? Does it just me that they are going over my app now?

They told us that we'd hear back by 2/10 latest so idk.

I interviewed a couple of weeks ago and I was checking my portal and it says "Admissions Committee Scheduled." Before this, it just said that my interview was scheduled.

Does anyone know what this means? Does it just me that they are going over my app now?

It pretty much means that the admission's committee will review your full app, vote, and make a decision!

It's going to say admissions committee scheduled then it'll say admissions committee complete, and shortly after (like 2/10) you'll get a call if you got in or an email if you were waitlisted or rejected

Any updates on the waitlist! when should we expect it to start moving?

Has anyone sent an email to Monica or admissions and received a reply? I didn’t get a response from either of them for over two weeks now

just got an II around ~2:30PM EST... not sure if this is a fluke since there are no available dates to select an interview.

OOS, complete sometime in July?

anyone else?

just got an II around ~2:30PM EST... not sure if this is a fluke since there are no available dates to select an interview.

OOS, complete sometime in July?

anyone else?

+1 complete mid august; got mine at around 9:30pst and the only date open was 2/7. I emailed admissions and they opened up 2/21 for me—might be worth asking!

Congratulations to you both! Did either of you submit update(s) after secondary completion?

Meanwhile mine still says admissions screening in progress. Does this mean my app has not passed their screening metrics?

Hi guys. I just got an interview invite and was wondering if anyone could give me some insight into what the MMI looks like. The SDN interview page seems to have all traditional questions. I'm wondering if they also ask traditional interview questions, hypothetical behavioral questions, or 'tell me a time when' type questions. Sorry if this is asking too specifically.

Hi guys. I just got an interview invite and was wondering if anyone could give me some insight into what the MMI looks like. The SDN interview page seems to have all traditional questions. I'm wondering if they also ask traditional interview questions, hypothetical behavioral questions, or 'tell me a time when' type questions. Sorry if this is asking too specifically.

i don’t think we can say tooooo much but MMI is almost always scenario based questions. MMI Interview: The Ultimate Guide (150 Sample Questions Included) — Shemmassian Academic Consulting i used this prep and it was 10/10 helpful

• Care