2015-2016 Mayo Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything yet? It looks they did calls around this time last year.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything yet? It looks they did calls around this time last year.

since April 30 fell on a Saturday this year, the last day to hold multiple acceptances is May 2nd this year (this is according to AAMC rules for when 4/30 falls on a weekend). I'm just guessing but this may be why there isn't waitlist movement quite yet

This was a very very tough decision for me since Mayo was my other top choice. Withdrew from here over the weekend though for personal reasons. Hope the spot goes to one of you! Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This was a very very tough decision for me since Mayo was my other top choice. Withdrew from here over the weekend though for personal reasons. Hope the spot goes to one of you! Best of luck.

Same here. Amazing school but just not the right fit. Definitely better someone else get it.

Reactions: 3 users
well just to inject a change of pace, i committed to mayo a couple weeks ago! Excited to start :soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
@gyngyn said there was waitlist movement today!

This is probably a silly question but does this mean they have already notified those who were accepted off the wait list? Or just made the decisions and the calls will come later? I'm just crossing my fingers for some love from Mayo.

I am not sure. From the thread, it seems it could mean either. But nonetheless, movement is coming!!

Reactions: 1 user
Wow just got the call, off the waitlist!!! Totally in shock... I got the email from the dean in early March and send a letter of intent shortly after that

Reactions: 7 users
GUYS I JUST GOT THE CALL FROM BOSTWICK!!!!!! I AM CRYING AND GOING TO BECOME A DOCTOR!!!!!!! HOPE IS COMING!!!!!

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also accepted off the waitlist at Mayo yesterday!! I'm waiting for financial aid before making my final decision, but I'm incredibly honored!!! Mayo was fantastic during interview day :)

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats to all of you lucky ones who got accepted! I just wanted to see if anyone knew or had an idea of when they would send out more acceptances? My roomies and I are looking into housing near my current school and I don't want sign a lease too early.

Congrats to all of you lucky ones who got accepted! I just wanted to see if anyone knew or had an idea of when they would send out more acceptances? My roomies and I are looking into housing near my current school and I don't want sign a lease too early.
According to another user earlier in the thread, last year they sent out another wave of acceptances in the middle of may.

I GOT IN YESTERDAY! Was literally standing in the grocery store holding two pounds of minced meat. So damn happy! MMS 2020!!

Reactions: 8 users
I GOT IN YESTERDAY! Was literally standing in the grocery store holding two pounds of minced meat. So damn happy! MMS 2020!!
Congrats!! That's amazing! Do you mind saying if you received Dr.Bostwicks email in March or in April?

Congrats!! That's amazing! Do you mind saying if you received Dr.Bostwicks email in March or in April?

I sent a Letter of Intent and did not receive Bostwick's email. Most likely because I sent my LOI two days after I was placed on the waitlist way back in December.

So excited to be joining this fam :)

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone had communication with admissions about if any more acceptances will be sent out?

Has anyone who received Dr.Bostwicks email in April heard from admissions or reviewed an acceptance?

Got in off the wait list here just now!!! Ahhhhh this complicates things...did anyone here go to second look and was able to write a reflection of some sort? I haven't been paying too close attention to this thread

Reactions: 8 users
Got in off the wait list here just now!!! Ahhhhh this complicates things...did anyone here go to second look and was able to write a reflection of some sort? I haven't been paying too close attention to this thread
Congrats!!!! Mayo is incredible! Just for those of us still on the waitlist do you mind saying if you recieve an email from Dr. Bostwick and if so in March or April?

Congrats!!!! Mayo is incredible! Just for those of us still on the waitlist do you mind saying if you recieve an email from Dr. Bostwick and if so in March or April?
No email from Bostwick! I sent an update letter at the end of December.

Just got an email from Dean Bostwick!! So delighted and hope good news is on the way for more of us!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an email from Dean Bostwick!! So delighted and hope good news is on the way for more of us!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I got the first email in April but haven't received this other email. I'm not really understanding Mayo's application/acceptance cycle this year. It seems different from last years in that people who received the emails last year were accepted pretty soon after receiving it. Hopefully your email means good news is coming.

Received an email from Dean Bostwick today as well! Excited for what might happen next :xf:

I got the first email in April but haven't received this other email. I'm not really understanding Mayo's application/acceptance cycle this year. It seems different from last years in that people who received the emails last year were accepted pretty soon after receiving it. Hopefully your email means good news is coming.

Hm I believe it's the same email as the one you got before?

Withdrew my acceptance today. Accepted last week, received the email back in mid April from Dean Bostwick

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my WL acceptance last week after one of the most challenging decisions of my life (if not THE most challenging). Mayo is great; good luck to the rest of the WLers!!!!

Reactions: 2 users