2015-2016 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Boy was I wrong about HPWL movement before traffic day :shrug:. Congrats to those pulled, and good luck to everyone waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)

After seeing people move while I am still on the waitlist, this song helps keeping my hopes up.

It just takes some time
Little girl/boy, you're in the middle of the ride
Everything, everything will be just fine
Everything, everything will be all right

Reactions: 3 users

After seeing people move while I am still on the waitlist, this song helps keeping my hopes up.

It just takes some time
Little girl/boy, you're in the middle of the ride
Everything, everything will be just fine
Everything, everything will be all right

Hard not to feel like they just love us less :(. I'm sure at the end of the day I'll end up where I'm supposed to be...

Congrats to everyone who got in so far.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck everyone! May the odds be ever in your favor.

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my acceptance today. I truly hope that my spot goes to one of you fine folks! Best of luck!

Reactions: 4 users
I got accepted off the HPWL a few hours ago! First acceptance and very excited. Figured I would let you all know because this forum has been so helpful for me. I'm from Canada in case anyone was wondering.

Reactions: 7 users
I got accepted off the HPWL a few hours ago! First acceptance and very excited. Figured I would let you all know because this forum has been so helpful for me. I'm from Canada in case anyone was wondering.
Congrats!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No acceptances today? Does that mean the majority of acceptances have been sent out?

Last year, acceptances went out until June. Keep up the hope guys!

Will be withdrawing today. Love Jeff but can't say no to the school that took me off its waitlist last night. I bet there will be a lot of movement over the next month due to WL trickle down so keep your chins up, y'all!

Reactions: 5 users
Will be withdrawing today. Love Jeff but can't say no to the school that took me off its waitlist last night. I bet there will be a lot of movement over the next month due to WL trickle down so keep your chins up, y'all!
Thank you young wizard congratulations!

Reactions: 1 users
Have all the people accepted off the HPWL on here been women so far? Just curious, was starting to notice a trend

Last edited:
So when do I start crying into my mug of ale?

For those who have been accepted, did you receive an e-mail confirmation when the school receives your deposit? If so, how long did it take? I sent my deposit a week ago, but haven't heard back.

suavecito, I called them yesterday and they said they don't give confirmations when they receive the deposit, but the person on the phone said he'd give me a confirmation when they got it since I had called to ask about it!

Hi all! I've come out of lurking just to say I was accepted off the HPWL yesterday afternoon. SDN has been a really great resource for me, so I figured I'd share. Best of luck to those still waiting and don't give up hope!

Fingers crossed for more movement today...this week has been torture :(

Guys I just got accepted from HPWL!!! I was crying so hard and she started laughing and said "I guess that means yes?" I kept thinking that maybe it isn't real and have asked all my friends to pinch me. Don't give up hope I love you all so much and wish everyone the best.

Reactions: 8 users
Guys I just got accepted from HPWL!!! I was crying so hard and she started laughing and said "I guess that means yes?" I kept thinking that maybe it isn't real and have asked all my friends to pinch me. Don't give up hope I love you all so much and wish everyone the best.

It looks like the 4th is with you young padawan. congrats

I know 370 people were wait listed, but does anyone have a sense how many people are on high priority v alternate? Trying to see what the chances of being pulled off are.

I know 370 people were wait listed, but does anyone have a sense how many people are on high priority v alternate? Trying to see what the chances of being pulled off are.
I don't think anybody knows, but is seems like I've seen a lot more mention of HPWL out here than the alt list.

Apologies for anyone who PMed me in the past month. OB/Gyn has been a particularly difficult rotation for me to keep up with SDN. It's over now, so feel free to ask questions! Current MS3 and soon-to-be MS4 in about six weeks.

Are there required textbooks/resources for anatomy and future classes listed somewhere?

Apologies for anyone who PMed me in the past month. OB/Gyn has been a particularly difficult rotation for me to keep up with SDN. It's over now, so feel free to ask questions! Current MS3 and soon-to-be MS4 in about six weeks.
any recommendations on where to live first year/places to avoid? on vs off campus etc

Are there required textbooks/resources for anatomy and future classes listed somewhere?
There are "required" textbooks that are realistically more along the lines of "recommended." I can tell you that the vast majority of students tried textbooks and quickly abandoned them. I haven't touched a textbook since the first week of first year.
any recommendations on where to live first year/places to avoid? on vs off campus etc
On-campus housing is decent. If you're looking for off-campus houses, Washington Square West seems to meet most people's quality/price standards. Somewhere between 5th-Broad and South-Market would be optimal.

There are "required" textbooks that are realistically more along the lines of "recommended." I can tell you that the vast majority of students tried textbooks and quickly abandoned them. I haven't touched a textbook since the first week of first year.

On-campus housing is decent. If you're looking for off-campus houses, Washington Square West seems to meet most people's quality/price standards. Somewhere between 5th-Broad and South-Market would be optimal.
What would you suggest doing instead of textbooks? Thanks.

What would you suggest doing instead of textbooks? Thanks.
Attending lectures (if that's your kind of thing), looking at lecture slides, outlines from upper years (there are a wealth of them that will inevitably be passed down), and a select number of review books. There are so many more efficient ways to learn information than to sit down and read a textbook, which will oftentimes give you way more detail than you need to know for med school purposes.

@Doctor Strange Do you have any intel on waitlist movement? I know Jeff takes about 1/3 of its students off the waitlist but do you know anything about whether the bulk of movement already happened or will we see offers coming in throughout the month?

Thanks for all the helpful information you've given us on these threads!! Makes me wanna go here sooo bad haha.

@Doctor Strange Do you have any intel on waitlist movement? I know Jeff takes about 1/3 of its students off the waitlist but do you know anything about whether the bulk of movement already happened or will we see offers coming in throughout the month?

Thanks for all the helpful information you've given us on these threads!! Makes me wanna go here sooo bad haha.
I believe most of the movement will happen this month and taper off pretty quickly into the summer. If you're going to get off the list, these next couple of weeks are crucial.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Thanks for the info!

Would you suggest writing more letters? I've already sent 4 and don't have new updates. I've heard showing interest and persistence are good but at this point they seem like they would just be annoying...

Thanks for the info!

Would you suggest writing more letters? I've already sent 4 and don't have new updates. I've heard showing interest and persistence are good but at this point they seem like they would just be annoying...
This

I suppose I could tell her what I'm planning for next year if I don't get in :D

Quick question: I got the call from Dr. Callahan on Monday, but I still haven't received an acceptance letter by email yet. Is it suppose to take this long? I received an email to get my CampusKey and JeffMail, but I still don't have the option to pay an acceptance deposit yet...

Quick question: I got the call from Dr. Callahan on Monday, but I still haven't received an acceptance letter by email yet. Is it suppose to take this long? I received an email to get my CampusKey and JeffMail, but I still don't have the option to pay an acceptance deposit yet...
that will come by snail mail and will probably take about a week to get to you