2022-2023 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am. I plan on calling tomorrow to ask if there has been any waitlist movement at all, and if there is any way to know where we stand (I know many others such as myself have jobs, other schools, and other options to consider). I will try to be as direct as possible to get some helpful information
Did you end up calling?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you end up calling?
Yeah but was sent to voicemail, not sure if this has happened to others when they called. Don't know the office hours because I called later this afternoon but will call again tomorrow morning

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was told that waitlist movement happens now through the CTE deadline, and that information regarding positions on the waitlist isn't available basically.

Reactions: 1 user
I was told that waitlist movement happens now through the CTE deadline, and that information regarding positions on the waitlist isn't available basically.
Thanks for checking with them. So little to no anticipated movement 6/21 and after?

Idk about y’all but I’m really stressing about giving my job enough of a heads up if I get off the waitlist and finding a place to live within 2 months… probably less at this rate.
Even if you got in one day before school starts, I assume you’re still going to the school.

Don’t stress
Np, and yeah I would assume there may be a little movement after 6/21 but most likely only a spot or two here and there.
What evidence do you have to think that there will only be a spot or two of movement?

Even if you got in one day before school starts, I assume you’re still going to the school.

Don’t stress

What evidence do you have to think that there will only be a spot or two of movement?

Thank you. I had an interview with Rowan’s DO program this past Monday so they may let me know sooner. I’ll most likely hold out for Jeff though so it’ll be worth it in the end.

Don’t stress

As far as I know, most schools historically slow waitlist acceptances after the CTE deadline because their class is mostly full. However, I would agree that this could not be the case, as I am projecting what I have heard in other instances onto this situation.

Thank you for calling!

Reactions: 1 users
Also, side note does anyone know if contacting the dean of admissions is appropriate for Jefferson? I have a friend pursuing a MD-PHD and at the school he was waitlisted, the admissions office told him to email them, and they would forward his email directly to the dean of admissions. Does anyone know the precedent for this, especially concerning Jefferson?

Also, side note does anyone know if contacting the dean of admissions is appropriate for Jefferson? I have a friend pursuing a MD-PHD and at the school he was waitlisted, the admissions office told him to email them, and they would forward his email directly to the dean of admissions. Does anyone know the precedent for this, especially concerning Jefferson?
At the interview day they said it is normal, and even encouraged to contact Losasso via email.

I applied for MD/PhD at Jeff back in 19-20 and was waitlisted too! I reached out directly to both Drs. Waldman and Callahan (former dean of admission) and they were extremely friendly to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
At the interview day they said it is normal, and even encouraged to contact Losasso via email.
Does anyone have Dr. LoSasso's email, I can't find it in the literature I had from the interview day etc

Let’s hope this week is different
IMG_5850.png

Reactions: 5 users
It would appear this week was in fact not different

232 in GroupMe. There’s like 1 person joining every few days

Do we actually know that the admissions committee still meets on Wednesdays, or is it possible that was only during the regular cycle?

Just FYI, SKMC classified my app as "Application No Longer Under Consideration" as of May 18th through CYMS. I never noticed until today and never received an email since being placed on "high priority alternate" list. Not sure if anyone already noticed this. Best of luck to everyone.

Edit: clarified where I was notified, CYMS.

Last edited:
Just FYI, SKMC classified my app as "Application No Longer Under Consideration" as of May 18th. I never noticed until today and never received an email since being placed on "high priority alternate" list. Not sure if anyone already noticed this. Best of luck to everyone.

Where’d you see that?

Thanks for the clarification, but does anyone else see the no longer under consideration thing on their cyms cuz mine looks the same

Last edited:
Mine looks the same
Gotchu, probably just classic paranoia but was wondering if there's some other screen for the CYMS that I might not have noticed a status update on, especially if there's no email noti for it

Do we think the WL movement is over?

I could be wrong but I don’t think it even started. I also think their CTE deadline is June 26th so I’m hoping some spots will open up at that point.

I could be wrong but I don’t think it even started. I also think their CTE deadline is June 26th so I’m hoping some spots will open up at that point.
Agreed. Just make sure that whatever school you’re PTE’d at has a CTE date after the 26th. Otherwise you’ll have to withdraw from SKMC’s waitlist before the 26th.

For those who are in the Groupme, have barely any people left? Or is there just insane yield this year and hence no WL movement?
GroupMe is at 246 with like 7 people joining and 1-2 people leaving since the beginning of June

GroupMe is at 246 with like 7 people joining and 1-2 people leaving since the beginning of June
Makes it seem like they'll do all their waitlist movement in one shot and give the ~30 spots that MSAR indicated they usually do

Makes it seem like they'll do all their waitlist movement in one shot and give the ~30 spots that MSAR indicated they usually do
Think there already has been some movement because ik a person who got off waitlist.

Welp I'm wrong then lol, congrats to that person tho

I did hear they were waiting till close to the CME to send out most of the offers from the waitlist

So would it be reasonable to expect waitlist decisions to go out this Wed, or more likely the week following?

I’m thinking either tomorrow or next Wednesday bc they’ll sort out their class size by midnight today.

I was informed some new people have been added to the Facebook and GroupMe, assuming it’s waitlist