2021-2022 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's showing the same for me as well... I originally applied for MSTP but the II states clearly that the interview was for MD-only, so now I'm super confused
I have the credit report thing but my II email says MSTP

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if MKE is still extending interviews? I was thinking of changing my campus preference

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How long after your acceptance did you get your swag bag and official acceptance letter?

Just got the Pre-II rejection

• Care
Also just got the pre ii R
Finish strong everyone :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I only got in after my second cycle. This process is incredibly inefficient and often doesn’t mean anything about you or your fit to be a doctor. To those that didn’t get in, don’t give up on your dreams (unless this is no longer your dream which is also fantastic). Keep trying!! You got this! You’re a champ!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
pre II R received! next year, here I come!

• Care
pre II R this morning, liked this school but oof... anyways wishing y'all the best!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
pre-II R this morning, for anyone who is still in the game, good luck!

• Care
How long after your acceptance did you get your swag bag and official acceptance letter?

I can’t remember specifically, but it was maybe a few weeks later. It definitely was not right away but not months later, either. Congratulations!

I can’t remember specifically, but it was maybe a few weeks later. It definitely was not right away but not months later, either. Congratulations!

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R earlier today. Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
If you didn't get a Pre-II R, is it likely there are more interviews or just that we are getting rejected in a couple days?

If you didn't get a Pre-II R, is it likely there are more interviews or just that we are getting rejected in a couple days?
I feel like probably rejection over the next few days. I also didn't get the rejection yet

The last interview date is tomorrow, they might have not rejected some people as they noted in their interview reminder email (sent this Monday) that people cancel at the last minute. They also added that many of these last-minute cancellations are not filled by other people still waiting for an interview.
I would not hold out that someone might get an interview invite for tomorrow, but there is a 0.00001% chance of that happening.

• Sad
All aboard the pre-II R 😭

• Care
Pre-II R as well today. Peace out ✌️

• Care
Ralph Wiggum Reaction GIF

me knowing darn well that I'm gonna get the email eventually.

I would rather just get the email now than sit here and anxiously await the sad to follow

I was starting to feel left out, but I finally got my pre-II R

• Care
Does anyone know how MCW awards scholarships? Is there a way to apply or do they decide?

Does anyone know how MCW awards scholarships? Is there a way to apply or do they decide?
Through MCWconnect when filling out the required documents for student aid there is a survey for institutional aid. This includes a few short essays or one overall essay - I can't entirely remember. No need to reinvent the wheel either, I used a lot of content from my secondaries to write these essays and just fluidly pieced them together. I think I got my award notification sometime in April. This was after I got my financial aid offer. I think there is a scholarship committee who reviews the institutional aid essays and decides on disbursements. It's prob best to plan for no scholarships and be pleasantly surprised if you were to get one

Through MCWconnect when filling out the required documents for student aid there is a survey for institutional aid. This includes a few short essays or one overall essay - I can't entirely remember. No need to reinvent the wheel either, I used a lot of content from my secondaries to write these essays and just fluidly pieced them together. I think I got my award notification sometime in April. This was after I got my financial aid offer. I think there is a scholarship committee who reviews the institutional aid essays and decides on disbursements. It's prob best to plan for no scholarships and be pleasantly surprised if you were to get one
About how long would you suggest each essay should be?

Ah…Couldn’t have waited till tomorrow, MCW? My stack of Rs is so tall now.

For financial aid, does anyone know where we submit our Credit report? Do we send it to the fin aid email? Or is there somewhere in MCW connect portal? I tried emailing them but they haven't responded.

Folks going to the Milwaukee Campus, where are yall getting your apartments?

lowkey feeling left out that I haven't gotten mine yet.....

• Haha