2015-2016 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think it's just whenever Dr. Callahan has time, so sometime in the afternoon/evening/whenever. Sorry that probably wasn't helpful :shrug:
Trying to decide whether to go to a luncheon or just sit at home in the fetal position

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been accepted off of the HPWL yet? I know they said that movement begins in April, but not one person has posted about being accepted off of it yet, sadly.

I'd imagine not until after the rest of us get decisions this Wednesday

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
I'd imagine not until after the rest of us get decisions this Wednesday

Last year someone got pulled off from the HPWL before all decisions were made I'm pretty sure

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone been accepted off of the HPWL yet? I know they said that movement begins in April, but not one person has posted about being accepted off of it yet, sadly.

I was pulled off the HPWL in March, but I'm an MD/PhD applicant, so YMMV.

Preview.jpg

Attachments

• Preview.jpg
    Preview.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 47
I started rewriting my personal statement for the coming cycle

Does anyone know what the dress code is for second look this Thursday/Friday?

Members don't see this ad :)
Where are people staying overnight for second look? I've been so busy I forgot to look/book overnight accommodations Whoops

These are rare exceptions and not the norm.
Yeah I'm aware that that is the case, but since there was a possibility I was just asking out of curiosity.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It definitely happens, but usually on rare instances/not frequently at all. E.g. if theres an interview day where admissions thinks all the kids are duds and need to accept a student, then they will pull someone. Again, definitely exceptions and by no means the rule. Usually to be that kid that gets pulled there's a reason why they picked you that day.

Does anyone know what time classes usually start and end each day? Or at least around how many hours of classes there are?

Sorry if this has been asked before but what are girls bringing to wear for going out Thursday night of second look? Lol

got the call from dr Callahan!! so pumped!

Reactions: 8 users
After nearly 11 months since submitting my primary, 7 interviews, 4 post-interview waitlists, 2 post-interview rejections, I can finally confirm that 7 is the lucky number. Interviewed 4/6 and first acceptance. I feel so numb.

Reactions: 11 users
After nearly 11 months since submitting my primary, 7 interviews, 4 post-interview waitlists, 2 post-interview rejections, I can finally confirm that 7 is the lucky number. Interviewed 4/6 and first acceptance. I feel so numb.
Congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking, what time did you get the call?

Man, I interviewed 3/23, if my interviewer hasn't gone to the meeting yet he's not even going to freaking remember me by next week. I understand doctors are busy but why make him an interviewer if he can't show up?

Man, I interviewed 3/23, if my interviewer hasn't gone to the meeting yet he's not even going to freaking remember me by next week. I understand doctors are busy but why make him an interviewer if he can't show up?
Today is the last day to find out a decision - if your interviewer didn't make it today, they probably made a decision without him. But regardless, I was under the impression that we would all hear by today.

Last edited:
Today is the last day to find out a decision - if you're interviewer didn't make it today, they probably made a decision without him. But regardless, I was under the impression that we would all hear by today.
Honestly I just started emailing all my referees for next cycle

Today is the last day to find out a decision - if you're interviewer didn't make it today, they probably made a decision without him. But regardless, I was under the impression that we would all hear by today.

Well I guess I'll assume it's not an acceptance. **** it.

How many students come off of the hpwl each year? How many are on it?

Obviously though, something is up. Seems strange that only 3 people got action today. I'm not holding out hope but something is up.
Only three sdners got action, which probably means more like 10-12 people irl

Only three sdners got action, which probably means more like 10-12 people irl

That is a good point. But we were all supposed to hear back today, either way. I'd expect more than 3 people on sdn.

Supposedly in the range of 70 to 90 are typically pulled off of the wait list.

Just out of curiosity, do you think that that is 70-90 who matriculate so more than that are actually accepted off of the HPWL? Or that 70-90 are accepted and less than that matriculate? Sorry for picky haha