2015-2016 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My faculty interviewer specifically told me on interview day that he was going to the meeting today. Guess this isn't a good sign since no call?
My interviewer went today too and I haven't gotten a call either. I'm pretty convinced that means I didn't get in :(.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
My faculty interviewer specifically told me on interview day that he was going to the meeting today. Guess this isn't a good sign since no call?
Do only faculty interviewers attend the meeting? How about the student interviewers?

Also, does anyone have input on how much weight the student interviews carry?

Jeff was AWESOME. Really loved the personal touch

Last edited by a moderator:
Do only faculty interviewers attend the meeting? How about the student interviewers?

Also, does anyone have input on how much weight the student interviews carry?
The students write a composite summary which is given to the student liason. The liason presents the report at the committee meeting. If either your student or faculty interviewer rejects you, it's over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Placed on alternate. Interviewed 3/23.
So just so I'm clear, people on the HPWL will always take precedence over the alternate list, correct? So chances of getting off the alternate list are slim in that all the people off the HPWL would have to come off first?

Does anyone know how many people get on the alternate list v. HPWL? and did anyone get off the alternate list last year?

Pretty bummed out, I really loved Jefferson.

Jeff was AWESOME. Really loved the personal touch
I agree! Jefferson's interview day went far beyond anything else I had experienced up to this point, so big shoutout to all the students who helped make it happen (I assume you guys read SDN from time to time :) ). It really was great to meet all of you and the other interviewees! I think I could have possibly presented myself better during the interviews, but at the very least I was able to learn a lot from yesterday that I plan to use to improve in the future. That being said I am still crossing my fingers for some good news in a couple weeks, Jefferson is my top choice and I would go in a heartbeat if given the chance!

Reactions: 1 users
anyone know how I can find my faculty interviewer's email? I can't seem to find it via Jefferson's website or through Google

Placed on HPWL. A little bummed, but super thankful to still be in the running! Just one question. I've been accepted elsewhere, but Jeff is definitely my top choice. I know other schools don't always think highly of letters of intent, but Jeff is receptive to them, correct?

Last edited:
anyone know how I can find my faculty interviewer's email? I can't seem to find it via Jefferson's website or through Google

Do you know what department they worked in or what building you interviewed at? That's how I searched for mine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got back an email saying it was undeliverable because the address was invalid...
I would maybe email admissions and see if they could forward it to them.

Reactions: 1 user
I got back an email saying it was undeliverable because the address was invalid...

PM me their name. I'll look up their email in the email system. Not all faculty have the @jefferson.edu domain, depending on which department/affiliate they are technically hired under.

Placed on HPWL. A little bummed, but super thankful to still be in the running! Just one question. I've been accepted elsewhere, but Jeff is definitely my top choice. I know other schools don't always think highly of letters of intent, but Jeff is receptive to them, correct?

Letters of intent are most certainly welcome and taken seriously. I know first hand. At this point, send any letters/updates directly to Dr. Callahan. She's the primary contact for HPWL communications.

Does anyone know how many people get on the alternate list v. HPWL? and did anyone get off the alternate list last year?

Pretty bummed out, I really loved Jefferson.

No one knows how many are placed on HPWL vs. AWL. I won't sugar coat it, the chances are very slim of being pulled off the AWL. However, it does happen and ~1-3 acceptances generally go to the AWL. The wait lists are not ranked and movement does not proceed linearly in any fashion. It sounds just like it is; re-review of HPWL applicants is given a higher priority than re-review of AWL unless new updates or something else brings your application to the committee's attention for whatever reason.

Your city town hall thing was cool

Yeah City Hall is cool, especially when they have events in Dillworth Park (the open area on the east side) like the Christmastown Festival, ice skating, and random concerts and stuff. They also had a 3D light show (not sure if it's still there or not). Philly is nice in that its a mix of old historical architecture with new modern buildings too.

Oh, and the lunch was quite delicious

Last edited by a moderator:
The students write a composite summary which is given to the student liason. The liason presents the report at the committee meeting. If either your student or faculty interviewer rejects you, it's over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile
Thanks a lot for the input!

So would you say that the faculty interview carries more weight than the student interview since the faculty member is present at the committee meeting whereas the student liaison is there as a middleman? Or would you say its 50/50?

What's Jefferson's general approach to accepted students deferring matriculation for one year?

Is it possible to find out who my student interviewer was?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Is it possible to find out who my student interviewer was?

They did introduce themselves... But if you don't remember, I don't think so (I was lucky and talked to a friend of my student interviewer, who then confirmed her name)

They did introduce themselves... But if you don't remember, I don't think so (I was lucky and talked to a friend of my student interviewer, who then confirmed her name)
For thank you note purposes. I think I remember, but I just want to make sure

For thank you note purposes. I think I remember, but I just want to make sure

Facebook creeping? Just to make sure? I totally understand. I was just lucky.

Facebook creeping? Just to make sure? I totally understand. I was just lucky.
Definitely just did this. I wonder if I've reached a new level of pre med :D

Guys, Thomas Jefferson's birthday is on Wednesday

I will be out of the office (and out of the country) beginning 4/11/16. I will return to work on 4/20. I will not have access to email. Please contact Elizabeth Brooks ([email protected]) if you have an admissions question. For all other immediate issues, please contact Mary Diehl ([email protected]). Sorry for any inconvenience.

Looks like there won't be any calls this week from Dr. C. Does anyone know if Dr. Brooks calls for admissions offers...?

Guys, Thomas Jefferson's birthday is on Wednesday

tumblr_inline_n1per97TZh1rj41y5.jpg

I will be out of the office (and out of the country) beginning 4/11/16. I will return to work on 4/20. I will not have access to email. Please contact Elizabeth Brooks ([email protected]) if you have an admissions question. For all other immediate issues, please contact Mary Diehl ([email protected]). Sorry for any inconvenience.

Looks like there won't be any calls this week from Dr. C. Does anyone know if Dr. Brooks calls for admissions offers...?
I feel like the committee isn't going to meet then. I can't imagine them meeting without the dean of admissions!

When picking people off the HPWL, do they take into account which students have and have not received acceptances now that it's past 3/15 and they can see that info? Do applicants without acceptances (like me) usually get preference over applicants with acceptances?

When picking people off the HPWL, do they take into account which students have and have not received acceptances now that it's past 3/15 and they can see that info? Do applicants without acceptances (like me) usually get preference over applicants with acceptances?
I sure hope so because I'm in the same boat and would love Jefferson to love me!

Wednesday

Oh, so the people they discussed last Wednesday were already informed the same day? Oh man. That is a really long wait. Not to mention really close to second look if you are lucky enough to be accepted.

they are not meeting this week. they told us this at the most recent interview. the next decision date will be 4/20

So I interviewed 3/23, if I haven't heard anything back is that indicative of a decision or has my interviewer just not shown up to the meeting?

So I interviewed 3/23, if I haven't heard anything back is that indicative of a decision or has my interviewer just not shown up to the meeting?

It means your interviewer hasn't shown up. They let you know asap regardless of the decision when it has been made!

Reactions: 2 users
What time do calls usually go out?

I think it's just whenever Dr. Callahan has time, so sometime in the afternoon/evening/whenever. Sorry that probably wasn't helpful :shrug: