2015-2016 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Goddammit

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats, brother!

Thanks man! We sat adjacent to each other at the table during presentations. Cancer researchers unite!

Congrats! More to come I hope!

Thank you! I sure so! I was certain I was going to get waitlisted (or rejected). Keep your hopes up guys.

Congratulations!!! Sorry hit the wrong 'Reply' button earlier :p

ahh thank you!

Like more individualized than "Hello [FIRSTNAME], you can come to school here isn't that great! Love, Dartmouth"?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

My letter was not personalized. Typical acceptance letter as far as those go.

Reactions: 1 user
Welp, I'm gonna go take my strep throat and go sleep. Congrats to those who heard back this week. Cheers all, see you Monday

Members don't see this ad :)
Reject. Post interview (March). Good luck to everyone else still in the running.

Reject. Post interview (March). Good luck to everyone else still in the running.
+1. Sigh...

Really sorry, both of you. I know you've both been watching and waiting and hoping for ages. This process is brutal. There will be many more of us joining you shortly...

Damn!!!! so sorry!!

Rejection :-(
Interview early March. Can't say I'm terribly surprised, I was shocked to even get an interview

Thanks guys... Just wish I knew why. I felt really good about this one

Thanks guys... Just wish I knew why. I felt really good about this one

Dartmouth was pretty receptive to giving feedback when I asked for it two years ago when I decided to reapply! Very helpful advice too. No idea yet if it paid off of course, still also waiting i n solemn silence over here...

Members don't see this ad :)
Dartmouth was pretty receptive to giving feedback when I asked for it two years ago when I decided to reapply! Very helpful advice too. No idea yet if it paid off of course, still also waiting i n solemn silence over here...

I'm going to call Monday. Would you mind sharing/PMing what your feedback was?

Any chance of emails this weekend?
(I got my II on a sunday night from Geisel..so just curious)

Last edited:
Rejected post II as well, interviewed Mid March!

really hoping for good news.... I've gotten so many waitlists D: (and rejections of course)

Guess they're working overtime. Second visit is coming up soon, so makes sense

Guess they're working overtime. Second visit is coming up soon, so makes sense

Pretty sure Second Look is next weekend.. can anyone confirm?

just looked through the past year's thread and it looks like only waitlists came out at this point :'(

Is anyone willing to call to see if they will be releasing any more acceptances? :)

Called and confirmed. Only the waitlist from here on in. First ones go out this week. If it is indeed the end as all signs indicate, it was great suffering with you all. Signing off at last, sending you all love and best wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I actually called as well and specifically asked if decisions from here on out would be for the wait list, and was told that no, they could be anything including outright acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
Tbh though, I'm more inclined to believe the only waitlists things. I hereby declare myself as king of waitlists

Called and confirmed. Only the waitlist from here on in. First ones go out this week. If it is indeed the end as all signs indicate, it was great suffering with you all. Signing off at last, sending you all love and best wishes.

I actually called as well and specifically asked if decisions from here on out would be for the wait list, and was told that no, they could be anything including outright acceptance.

Lolwuuuutttt blerg come ON dartmouth. If we knew it was just waitlists, at least we could stop being in terrible no-man's-land of terrible nothingness

Did you call today and were told this? They did say they could still give out acceptances?

Lolwuuuutttt blerg come ON dartmouth. If we knew it was just waitlists, at least we could stop being in terrible no-man's-land of terrible nothingness
what's the difference though? if you get accepted from here until april 30th who cares if it was outright accepted or "off a waitlist"?

Who wants to call them (finger on nose)??

what's the difference though? if you get accepted from here until april 30th who cares if it was outright accepted or "off a waitlist"?

Oh that wouldn't make a big difference, but if I got an actual acceptance from Dartmouth I'd take it with glee and wonder whereas if I'm waitlisted, I'll probably move forward with life planning for my single existing acceptance. It's more that I very dearly want to move on with my life and a decision from the D would help make that happen. *shrug*

Reactions: 3 users
Oh that wouldn't make a big difference, but if I got an actual acceptance from Dartmouth I'd take it with glee and wonder whereas if I'm waitlisted, I'll probably move forward with life planning for my single existing acceptance. It's more that I very dearly want to move on with my life and a decision from the D would help make that happen. *shrug*
exact same scenario are we twins