2015-2016 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if they are still giving phone calls? or just emails?

I'm pretty sure I interviewed before you (first week of March)... I know it's non linear but omg I'm so sick of this ride

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I feel you. I hope things work out for you - and, yes, soon - like yesterday! Good Luck! (I assume one of your interviewers was a student, as well? )

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure I interviewed before you (first week of March)... I know it's non linear but omg I'm so sick of this ride

I interviewed 3/10 and I am still waiting as well! Its been really tough. If I were to call....what should I say without being....annoying?

The process is non linear, the process is non linear...

I interviewed 3/1. My current theories include that they're working backwards from interview date, that my interviewer hasn't made it to the meeting yet and will hopefully be discussing us on Thursday, and that I flat out got passed over :D

Well...i interviewed 3/15 and with Dr. Swenson. I have a feeling he attends the meetings

Reactions: 1 users
I feel you. I hope things work out for you - and, yes, soon - like yesterday! Good Luck! (I assume one of your interviewers was a student, as well? )
I had one student and one faculty. Just wondering how the student interview affects the timeline. Plus, I forgot to get my student's contact and haven't been forwarding them my updates =/. Has anybody been copying their student interviewer on updates as well?

I had one student and one faculty. Just wondering how the student interview affects the timeline. Plus, I forgot to get my student's contact and haven't been forwarding them my updates =/. Has anybody been copying their student interviewer on updates as well?

I sent only 1 post-interview update and it went to the admissions email. I did not receive acknowledgement thereof. It would've been a couple days before the meeting.

Reactions: 1 user
I sent only 1 post-interview update and it went to the admissions email. I did not receive acknowledgement thereof. It would've been a couple days before the meeting.
I guess I probably underestimated student involvement in the committee. I just assumed they were busy with classes and probably didn't attend the meetings after submitting their write ups

It's not just attendance at meetings, though, I think it depends on your score by both interviewers. If you get a high score from both it seems more likely that you'd be reviewed (and then accepted) sooner because there's less to discuss.

Who wants to call them next? :D

I interviewed 3/10 and I am still waiting as well! Its been really tough. If I were to call....what should I say without being....annoying?

Don't call. We already know when the last meeting is and when they said they hoped to have decisions out by (early next week). Let's not bother them more than we reeeaaally need to ;)

It's not just attendance at meetings, though, I think it depends on your score by both interviewers. If you get a high score from both it seems more likely that you'd be reviewed (and then accepted) sooner because there's less to discuss.
Awesome, so I must have just stuck my foot in my mouth.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi yall, long time lurker, first time posting here.

Interviewed end of December and didn't hear anything. It seems like the pattern though is that you get an email acceptance 4-6 weeks after your interview day if you're selected. It also seems like some have been rejected already. and this upcoming thursday is the last committee meeting, does this mean that if we didn't interview sometime in March, we're most likely going to get waitlisted next week? or will they do a big wave of acceptances next week after finalizing the ranking of applicants?

Thanks yall

I'm going to preemptively say right now that I'm withdrawing in the event of a waitlist, especially if the sluggish WL pace of prior years is any indication of things to come. That is further compounded by the fact they're already more behind than normal. I'm just so very tired of all this.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on your acceptance! May I ask if you also had a combination of student/faculty as your interviewers? Thanks

Of course! I had a senior librarian and a faculty interview. No students interviewed me.

hi yall, long time lurker, first time posting here.

Interviewed end of December and didn't hear anything. It seems like the pattern though is that you get an email acceptance 4-6 weeks after your interview day if you're selected. It also seems like some have been rejected already. and this upcoming thursday is the last committee meeting, does this mean that if we didn't interview sometime in March, we're most likely going to get waitlisted next week? or will they do a big wave of acceptances next week after finalizing the ranking of applicants?

Thanks yall

I dont think anyone on this thread can answer that question.

no one knows what will happen! A lot of people havent heard back, and that # seems a lot more than the 10-30 people they WL last year. WHO knOWwwWSsSss

I'm going to preemptively say right now that I'm withdrawing in the event of a waitlist, especially if the sluggish WL pace of prior years is any indication of things to come. That is further compounded by the fact they're already more behind than normal. I'm just so very tired of all this.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
ill riot if you riot

Did the email from the dean for the MD-MBA program discussion go to everyone accepted?

Could a current student perhaps provide this year's match list?

I also had Dr. Swenson on 3/15. You must have been right before me. Wishing us both luck!

I also had Dr. Swenson on 3/17. Last committee meeting today, so hopefully we hear back soon. Good luck!

So theoretically today is the last meeting? I suppose that means there will be a big wave of rejections/WL's soon...

...(waits)...Alt +F4 (expletive)

If they really did finish up everyone last night, it's probably a large number of people who they have to get in touch with, and each letter is individualized. I would not be surprised if the acceptances came Monday or Tuesday simply because they weren't able to kick anyone down the road to future meetings and have to send out all correspondences that have backed up from the entire cycle.

If they really did finish up everyone last night, it's probably a large number of people who they have to get in touch with, and each letter is individualized. I would not be surprised if the acceptances came Monday or Tuesday simply because they weren't able to kick anyone down the road to future meetings and have to send out all correspondences that have backed up from the entire cycle.
Well I wasn't doing anything with my life this weekend anyway :D

What I imagine I will receive in my next correspondence from them:

cGIay9e.png

Reactions: 2 users
I found this thing:

Last edited by a moderator:
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOT THE EMAIL 30 MIN AGO!:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

INTERVIEWED MID-MARCH! AHHHH!!!

:clap::clap::clap::banana::banana::banana::banana: Been waiting for this moment for half a decade.

Reactions: 7 users
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOT THE EMAIL 30 MIN AGO!:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

:clap::clap::clap::banana::banana::banana::banana: Been waiting for this moment for half a decade.
Congrats! More to come I hope!

Facebook group up to >150

control F and search for 'Geisel' you'll see some of them are current med students. also there are some who didnt change their school to geisel, but i know that they are bc they are friends with friends who go there.

control F and search for 'Geisel' you'll see some of them are current med students. also there are some who didnt change their school to geisel, but i know that they are bc they are friends with friends who go there.
I counted around 30 current students

Congratulations!!! Sorry hit the wrong 'Reply' button earlier :p

Like more individualized than "Hello [FIRSTNAME], you can come to school here isn't that great! Love, Dartmouth"?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Like more individualized than "Hello [FIRSTNAME], you can come to school here isn't that great! Love, Dartmouth"?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
I'm just waiting for someone to tell me that they didn't have time to discuss everyone and we're all going to have to wait two more weeks :D

I'm just waiting for someone to tell me that they didn't have time to discuss everyone and we're all going to have to wait two more weeks :D

i think all this craziness is based on this assumption that last night was the last adcom meeting. how did all that start? has anyone confirmed that this is even true...

i think all this craziness is based on this assumption that last night was the last adcom meeting. how did all that start? has anyone confirmed that this is even true...
I can confirm that they told us at interview day that yesterday was the last adcom meeting