2014-2015 University of Illinois Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
STILL stuck in progress with a July 9 complete date... What gives?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II - Aug. 18 --> Interview @ Chicago campus 10/8 --> Anyone know if they have a student hosting program?

II - Aug. 18 --> Interview @ Chicago campus 10/8 --> Anyone know if they have a student hosting program?

When I interviewed here last year, they didn't have any info about a hosting program. I also didn't get any info this year about one either (10/14 interview).

Apparently I have an interview invite according to the portal, but all the dates and times just say "0"... :-/

EDIT: Called and scheduled. Will have to travel 3 extra hours for that location, but it was all they had open.

Last edited:
My first II today! Complete 8/5

Reactions: 1 users
So do we pick which campus to interview at or is it decided for you?

so do you call and schedule, or will they be opening more dates?

I called admissions, and the woman I spoke to said they would be making more dates available soon, and to check back often because the Chicago spots fill up quickly.

I called admissions, and the woman I spoke to said they would be making more dates available soon, and to check back often because the Chicago spots fill up quickly.
when did you call?? I called at 4:55 b/c I was in a seminar when I got the email, but their office was closed. I'm calling tomorrow AT 8:30

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete mid July still waiting. Anyone else?

Any one else schedule an interview and then have "Evaluation not Complete" after it? What does this mean?

Interviewing 10/29 at Peoria

I would assume that the evaluation not complete means that the interviewers haven't made their evaluations of you yet, but I'm not certain

yeah I think that it just means we haven't been "evaluated" ....i.e. interviewed yet

When did you submit your secondary? And did you note how long you were an "applicant in progress"?

Thanks!
Received secondary 7/15 --> Submitted 7/22. I didn't notice the applicant in progress portion unfortunately.

I just got updated to Applicant in Process today!! Yay, I was too stoked to finally see a change on one status page :), even if it's not a decision.

I'm still "Applicant in Progress"

Secondary Sent on 07/11/2014 Returned On 07/13/2014

Does in progress definitely mean they haven't gotten to my file yet or could it meant they've seen it and moved on? I'm curious since it seems they've offered II's to some who submitted after the date that I did.

you should give them a call.

it might be possible that your file is not complete (i.e. one of your letters may not be signed). happened to me.

I am convinced there is no discernible rhyme or reason to their reviewing process. I submitted on the 9th of July but my LORs (although submitted) were not matched to my application till early August. In progress -> In process a week ago.

I'm betting somewhere in that admissions office is a Cubs baseball cap where they randomly pull out applicant's names to "process". Names keep missing the drawer's hand by a skosh.

I am convinced there is no discernible rhyme or reason to their reviewing process. I submitted on the 9th of July but my LORs (although submitted) were not matched to my application till early August. In progress -> In process a week ago.

I'm betting somewhere in that admissions office is a Cubs baseball cap where they randomly pull out applicant's names to "process". Names keep missing the drawer's hand by a skosh.

Oh yeahh! Same thing happened to me, I submitted 8/11 but they didn't mark my letters as received until 8/25 or so. So I guess I was actually complete on 8/25...

Last edited:
I did give them a call today, she said just keep checking the status page and that progress just means you're complete but haven't been reviewed yet. Guess they aren't reviewing by date received, which definitely relieves a little worry.

A friend of mine was complete 8/10 whereas I was complete 7/25. I'm still in process whereas he already has an interview date set in October. Since this is rolling admissions, is this a bad sign for me? I feel like I may have been passed up on the interview, and now my app is just in limbo.

A friend of mine was complete 8/10 whereas I was complete 7/25. I'm still in process whereas he already has an interview date set in October. Since this is rolling admissions, is this a bad sign for me? I feel like I may have been passed up on the interview, and now my app is just in limbo.
I wouldn't worry about it. I was complete 7/9, and only went into applicant in process a couple weeks ago. People who submitted after me got IIs before I even went into process. They don't seem to be following submission dates for some reason...

it doesn't work that way. They go through a pile, and choose who to interview. They'll keep reviewing the pile, and selecting more interviews throughout the year. Just because you weren't selected for the first batch, doesn't mean you won't be selected at all. You just weren't selected to interview when they first viewed your file, but they will view it again at a later time.

it doesn't work that way. They go through a pile, and choose who to interview. They'll keep reviewing the pile, and selecting more interviews throughout the year. Just because you weren't selected for the first batch, doesn't mean you won't be selected at all. You just weren't selected to interview when they first viewed your file, but they will view it again at a later time.

Hmm that's interesting. Do you know if they put any sort of preferences on the first few interview cycles? Like do they start by interviewing very strong applicants early on in the year and work their way down?

Hmm that's interesting. Do you know if they put any sort of preferences on the first few interview cycles? Like do they start by interviewing very strong applicants early on in the year and work their way down?

Common sense would say yes they go for the stronger applicants first. But it's also pretty random. Someone who looks at your application the first time might not love your app, but the next person to review it does, and recommends you for an interview. Of course the earlier you interview the better your chances as far as rolling admissions goes, but I wouldn't count you out just yet.

Does anyone know what is the latest possible MCAT that University of Illinois will accept? I have an ok score, but would like to retake to try and gain a better score.

Status just changed to Select Interview!! OOS, marked complete late July, in process about a week ago.

It's not. You have to call them to select the date.

For you guys receiving II right now, do you mind if I ask your stats/Lizzy M? Just curious to see if they are interviewing based on high stats first.

Thanks for the replies! My Lizzy M is 72-73 so I guess I should just be patient haha.

Thanks for the replies! My Lizzy M is 72-73 so I guess I should just be patient haha.

I think it's random or subjective as to what they are looking for. LizzyM 70 (or 69 depending on whether you do that -1 thing), complete 7/10, II on 8/28. But same message, be patient I guess.