2014-2015 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on having an acceptance. I had one but then it was rescinded, it was the military med school and I was medically DQ'ed. The irony is not lost on the fact that I was rejected from med school for having a medical condition....

Oh man, that must have been a horrible feeling. I'm so sorry!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I've been lurking in this thread for a while and decided to finally make an account. I interviewed in April and was also put on the HPWL. Definitely hoping for some movement soon, I would absolutely love to go to Jeff!

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew my other acceptance. Hang in there guys. I know there's a spot at Jeff waiting for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ditto, long time lurker and need support during this wait.

Second time applicant. Really want this not only for myself but for my family and friends who have supported me all these years. Would mean a lot.

How many of us are on HPWL based on this thread, has anyone tallied?

Last edited:
Best of luck to all the waitlisters here!!

Hopefully we'll all arrive to our rightful destination. :happy::happy::happy:

ACCEPTED OFF HPWL! So excited I can't even.

Reactions: 18 users
Yeah, I'm secretly hoping a bunch of people withdraw tomorrow, haha. Jeff is by far my top choice and since I have only one acceptance far away, I want that call so bad because I don't want to make arrangements to move from the east coast. I'm praying to the old gods and new as well as the great spaghetti monster in the sky that there's a lot of movement this year!
+1 for a fellow Pastafarian.

Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 12 users
Some friendly reminders as we wait for HPWL movement:
1. You are not your metrics.
2. You are not anyone else's metrics.
3. SDN is not indicative of the number of people on the waitlist nor is it indicative of total waitlist movement.
4. Do not give up hope!!
5. You are not your metrics.

Just a little something I'm hoping will ease the pain of waiting. Good luck to you all.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the congratulations everyone! Woke up this AM with a teeny hangover and realized that I needed to withdraw from my previous school. After sending that email, realized that I have no idea how to pay the accept deposit at Jeff. There's a tab in Banner, but it says "There are no acceptance records available for you." Other people recently accepted having the same problem? How do I pay this darn deposit, and how long do I have?

Thanks for the congratulations everyone! Woke up this AM with a teeny hangover and realized that I needed to withdraw from my previous school. After sending that email, realized that I have no idea how to pay the accept deposit at Jeff. There's a tab in Banner, but it says "There are no acceptance records available for you." Other people recently accepted having the same problem? How do I pay this darn deposit, and how long do I have?

They'll send you a card in the mail with instructions and an addressed and stamped return envelope for the check. :)

Also the date you have to pay by will probably be on the card, at least on mine it was.

and BTW congrats future classmate! :)

Just got the call! ACCEPTED OFF HPWL!!!!! I'm basically in tears. Jeff here I come!!!!

Reactions: 20 users

Call them and tell them you're planning on accepting but haven't received the card yet.

Just got the call! ACCEPTED OFF HPWL!!!!! I'm basically in tears. Jeff here I come!!!!

Congrats!

Ceterus paribus, see you in the summah.

Congrats man!!!!! When'd you originally get waitlisted??

I interviewed in mid December, HPWL end of January/early February. For the past 5 weeks I basically bombarded Dr. Callahan with updates and letters of intent. And thanks everyone!!!

Congratulations @SPionic @Rumor13 @cupcakemonster and anyone else I may have forgotten! I'm glad to see the HPWL is moving!

Exciting times are ahead. See you orientation week!

Reactions: 2 users
This is so stressful. Congrats to everyone. I'm really hoping for the call in the next few weeks.

Come on, Jeff. No Whammies!
whammy-o.gif

Reactions: 4 users
So calls can go out any day of the week now?

Seems like it! Also seems like calls have been going out late morning-early afternoon based on what people have been saying. But wouldn't be surprised to hear about people getting phone calls around 3 or 4 since we don't have much insight into how they are doing things. If it happens, it happens, so no sense losing a perfectly good bed of nails over it!

Withdrew yesterday. I hope my spot goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 3 users
So I've been going a little stir-crazy here, checking my phone at least every 5 minutes today, hoping I don't miss a call. Wishing everyone the best on the HPWL, here's to hoping we get off it and into Jefferson!

So I've been going a little stir-crazy here, checking my phone at least every 5 minutes today, hoping I don't miss a call. Wishing everyone the best on the HPWL, here's to hoping we get off it and into Jefferson!

Take a deep breath, it's Friday, nothing to get stressed about.

Take a deep breath, it's Friday, nothing to get stressed about.
Truf. No activity to report yet today, but who knows if they are meeting at a later time today, if at all. Maybe no more movement till next week.

Looks like there will be no more excitement until Monday... unless we're just the saps not getting calls today.

PS - does anyone know what type of cookies Dr. Callahan or Brooks like? I should've paid more attention at cookie hour.

We can't be the saps! They're just not making calls today.

Surely.

I hope.

Looks like there will be no more excitement until Monday... unless we're just the saps not getting calls today.

PS - does anyone know what type of cookies Dr. Callahan or Brooks like? I should've paid more attention at cookie hour.
The kind with a 38 Mcat and 2000 shadowing hours.

I'm holding out for return of the sixth!

So do we know if the adcom still meets Wednesdays?

So do we know if the adcom still meets Wednesdays?

That's what I'm hoping... would make sense given the apparent lack of movement since Thursday. So, fingers crossed that today's a good day for a lot of us! :)

Gonna go bike for 2 hours and then hopefully we might start hearing things when I get back...

Well, it appears I haven't missed the party.