2014-2015 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone had any luck finding a place to live? I'm still trying to find a 1bd/1ba that doesn't cost an arm and both legs.

Members don't see this ad.

[deleted]

The website glitched and posted the same message twice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Today would be a good day for an acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
I (and someone else I know) was accepted in last year off HPWL at the end of May/beginning of June last year. There has been some movement in the last week or so; I know of 2-3 people that got off it.

Good luck and hang in there.

I really hope that I hear back soon because I am leaving the country for 2 weeks at the start of June and again in July

Well based on the complete lack of posting today I going to go out on a limb and say that no one heard anything ?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just really want my phone to ring today.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone get the call? It worries me that we have not heard any movement in a while.

Agreed, it seems that this cycle is different / slower than previous years, but that's only my opinion from reading past year's threads. I'm just trying to stay patient. I received my first acceptance last week which was relieving, but Jefferson is my top choice so I would love to go here.

Agreed, it seems that this cycle is different / slower than previous years, but that's only my opinion from reading past year's threads. I'm just trying to stay patient. I received my first acceptance last week which was relieving, but Jefferson is my top choice so I would love to go here.
Oh my gosh! Congrats!! I know how much of a relief it is to finally be accepted somewhere. I received my first right at the end of April and it felt soooooo good to know I was going somewhere and didn't have to deal with reapplying! ((Stay strong to all of those that have not yet gotten this news!!)) But yeah, I am in the same boat. I was accepted to my second choice but Jeff is just my dream school. I really hope I hear something soon!

Reactions: 2 users
On a related note, does anyone understand how there's 380 people in the facebook group but apparently only about 260 in a class? I know that some of the people are probably current students, but over 100 people? Or do you guys think a lot of those people are people that declined their spot but just haven't left the group yet?

On a related note, does anyone understand how there's 380 people in the facebook group but apparently only about 260 in a class? I know that some of the people are probably current students, but over 100 people? Or do you guys think a lot of those people are people that declined their spot but just haven't left the group yet?
Yes, there are a lot of current students on the group. Definitely over a hundred. There will be more. Each group usually ends up having around six hundred people across all years to advertise events and such.

Yes, there are a lot of current students on the group. Definitely over a hundred. There will be more. Each group usually ends up having around six hundred people across all years to advertise events and such.
got it, thanks so much!! just wanted to make sure that over 100 people don't have to drop out before more spots go out :)

I apologize if this was posted previously! Anyone else get the MPH email?

So just like @nightfury414 spoke with her advisor, I just had a talk with mine. Turns out there was a massive spike this year in the total number of applicants. Seems everyone was rushing to apply before the MCAT changes. Not sure if that is true, but it doesn't sound out of bounds.

So just like @nightfury414 spoke with her advisor, I just had a talk with mine. Turns out there was a massive spike this year in the total number of applicants. Seems everyone was rushing to apply before the MCAT changes. Not sure if that is true, but it doesn't sound out of bounds.
Maybe that's why I don't get as many interviews... But would it matter as much at the school's you had already interviewed at?

That might mean the general criteria for accepting someone would go up. Don't know if that would increase the number of applicants interviewed, however. So I would imagine wait lists would still move as previous years have?

That might mean the general criteria for accepting someone would go up. Don't know if that would increase the number of applicants interviewed, however. So I would imagine wait lists would still move as previous years have?
I guess unless instead of fewer students getting more acceptances, there are now more students getting fewer acceptances. For example, if a lot of people only got 1 acceptance they would obviously not give up their spot so there would be less movement.

I apologize if this was posted previously! Anyone else get the MPH email?

What's the mph email?

I got it too. It's an invitation to complete an abbreviated app for their MPH program for this fall. I got rejected from Jeff back in April, but I have been following this thread because I am really rooting for you guys! (and it's like the most entertaining thread IMO).

I emailed the lady in charge of the program and she told me that it is due on July 1st, admissions is rolling, and there is no extra fee because you use the same site you used to fill out the secondary app. I haven't been accepted anywhere yet so I figure it's worth a shot.

I have been following this thread because I am really rooting for you guys! (and it's like the most entertaining thread IMO).

I'm going to add 2015 SDN Jeff Thread to my activities when I reapply. "Was a member of the 'most entertaining thread' of the 2015 application cycle". The only question is, do I list it as an "honor/award" or "volunteer - medical"?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I'm going to add 2015 SDN Jeff Thread to my activities when I reapply. "Was a member of the 'most entertaining thread'" of the 2015 application cycle". The only question is, do I list it as an "honor/award" or "volunteer - medical"?
I'd go with honor/award

Reactions: 1 users

I thought I was the only one keeping an eye on that! I've even gone as far as clicking on the new people to the group, seeing if they're current students, or soon to be students -_-

Guys! I got off the HPWL yesterday!! Who would've thought, with no acceptances this cycle I had thrown in the towel. It's been a long journey up to this point, but I'm amped up to meet my future classmates and show what I've got! To @CyrilFiggis @nightfury414 and everyone posting, thanks for creating this supportive environment here on sdn, and I hope each and every one of you get accepted and I get to know you over the next 4 years. Believe me, I know it's tough but keep your head up, it can change just like that in an instant

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to celebrate for the next 72 hours until work on Tuesday :)

Reactions: 16 users
Guys! I got off the HPWL yesterday!! Who would've thought, with no acceptances this cycle I had thrown in the towel. It's been a long journey up to this point, but I'm amped up to meet my future classmates and show what I've got! To @CyrilFiggis @nightfury414 and everyone posting, thanks for creating this supportive environment here on sdn, and I hope each and every one of you get accepted and I get to know you over the next 4 years. Believe me, I know it's tough but keep your head up, it can change just like that in an instant

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to celebrate for the next 72 hours until work on Tuesday :)
Oh my gosh I know I'm late to the party but CONGRATS!!! Enjoy your holiday weekend! Party your socks off, you earned it!!!

@Doctor Strange are you familiar with the College within a college tracks? If so, are they hard to get into? worth doing?
I am not in any of the programs, but they are not hard to get into. Many of my friends do it, and they enjoy it. It's not a huge time commitment and gives you the opportunity to pursue something outside of lecture based medicine.

Congrats! Well deserved. I hope you celebrated well over the weekend.

Thanks guys! And my bad about the weird HTC phone font, haha.

Just accepted off the HPWL!!! I got the call at 3pm and I am an international applicant (Canada).

I have been creeping this thread for a long time and wanted to give all you others on the HPWL some hope! The waitlist IS moving and if Jefferson is your top choice (it was definitely mine) send updates! In every update I indicated that Jefferson was my top choice and I also called Dr. Brooks to express this. I can't know for sure, but I feel that my persistence and expression of genuine interest in the school is what helped get me off this waitlist. Keep at it! :)

Reactions: 9 users
It's great to hear that there is movement still, but every time I do and it's not me, I start to fear the scarcity of remaining spots. Who knows, maybe Dr. Callahan remembered that I'm getting married next week and is just waiting 'til then as a wedding gift.

Reactions: 4 users
It's great to hear that there is movement still, but every time I do and it's not me, I start to fear the scarcity of remaining spots. Who knows, maybe Dr. Callahan remembered that I'm getting married next week and is just waiting 'til then as a wedding gift.
I hear you, but don't lose heart! I have confidence that if you don't hear anything this year, next year you will!! And besides, there are still a few months yet before the start of the school year so you aren't out of the running yet. It isn't over until its over!!

Just accepted off the HPWL!!! I got the call at 3pm and I am an international applicant (Canada).

I have been creeping this thread for a long time and wanted to give all you others on the HPWL some hope! The waitlist IS moving and if Jefferson is your top choice (it was definitely mine) send updates! In every update I indicated that Jefferson was my top choice and I also called Dr. Brooks to express this. I can't know for sure, but I feel that my persistence and expression of genuine interest in the school is what helped get me off this waitlist. Keep at it! :)

CONGRATS!!!. It seems we may feel movement on HPWL Would you be able to share your stats so that the people on HPWL may compare and hope for the best.

I just got an email from Dr. Callahan telling me to call her on her direct line. I'm at work right now so I can't call her but has anyone else gotten this?