2014-2015 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how did you submit your signed parents' tax return? email?
You can send it by email, yes.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Only one of my parents signed it. I hope they don't give me crap for out since my parents are on different continents right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone comment how long it took them to get aid offers after they submitted the necessary paperwork?
What necessary paperwork are we supposed to submit? I must have missed something along the way.

What necessary paperwork are we supposed to submit? I must have missed something along the way.

I think the only thing you need to actually send them is your parents tax return. There are some online forms on the banner website that need to be filled out if you want to be considered for institutional aid, however.

For those of you who interviewed April 8th, Dr. Callahan said we would receive our decisions this Wed., right?

still waiting on a decision, interviewed 4/1...:scared:

Wait weird so 4/1 ppl havent gotten theirs yet??!! I dont know if I'll be able to handle it if us 4/8 folks have to wait another week Ive been counting down the days and now hours til tmrw

Wait weird so 4/1 ppl havent gotten theirs yet??!! I dont know if I'll be able to handle it if us 4/8 folks have to wait another week Ive been counting down the days and now hours til tmrw
Some probably haven't. There was no adcom meeting last week so if your interviewer didn't make the 4/8 meeting then you wouldn't have gotten a decision. If I remember being told correctly, everyone who has not received a decision will hear by tomorrow. That way you have a week before trafficking to make a decision.

Looking to the Jeff board for love and support duing the wait. I just recently finished season 1 of Agents of Shield, great show if you like Marvel. Anyone have any suggestions about shows to kill the time? Totally open to people just chatting with me ;) People that aren't premeds just don't get it...

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking to the Jeff board for love and support duing the wait. I just recently finished season 1 of Agents of Shield, great show if you like Marvel. Anyone have any suggestions about shows to kill the time? Totally open to people just chatting with me ;) People that aren't premeds just don't get it...

Best of luck to you and everyone else waiting for decisions tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I don't know any quality shows you can watch before decisions.:(

Hope you hear the news you want tomorrow!

Meanwhile, I'll just be hoping for some early waitlist movement.:shy:

Wait I just reread your comment.... you totally mentioned anime right? Or did I just read what I wanted to hear

I did :p. I edited it out though lol.

Wasn't sure if the shows I watched were fun and interesting lol. I don't think they're really mainstream. :laugh:

I don't know why anime gets such a bad rep. Some of the best TV shows/movies I've seen are Japanese animations.

I don't know why anime gets such a bad rep. Some of the best TV shows/movies I've seen are Japanese animations.

Mainly because cartoons= kids' shows for many, perhaps? :p

Some of the most creative and awesome shows are anime definitely.

Any shows you especially enjoyed?

Oh gosh, there are quite a few... Some of my favorites shows are Samarai Champloo, Mushishi, Clannad, FMA brotherhood, SNK, and I recently watched Noragami, which I really like. Movie wise I am a huge Ghibli fan (but honestly who isn't) and I really like the movie Colorful.

And who doesn't like cartoons? I don't trust a person that doesn't enjoy watching cartoons everyone once in a while.

Ooh... You really know your anime :). Definitely watched Clannad (After Story is a real emotional roller coaster though). Haven't seen Noragami or FMA brotherhood but read the manga.

Have you seen Steins; Gate?

It's a pretty good show about time travel. Interesting characters, plot, and art. ;)

Ooo, I loke shows with pretty artwork. Top 5 shows? A couple of your favorite movies?

Hmmm....

Top 5 shows (random order): Fate Stay Night- Unlimited Blade Works (2014 version) (The best art in anime I have ever seen), Toradora (romantic comedy- You may like this if you like Clannad), Log Horizon (Anime based on MMORPGs), Code Geass (If you like Death Note, you'll like this one), and Madoka Magica (not a kid's show and pretty dark)

Favorite movies: Practically all the anime movies I watched are Ghibli films (You're right...these films are awesome;)). Personal favorite is Spirited Away, closely followed by Princess Mononoke.

I've heard good things about Summer Wars, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and Wolf Children though...

Gah how did I forget to include Code Geass! Such a good show! If you liked that you may like Darker than black. Also, I just remembered another favorite, Baccano. Some of these I will have to check out! I think you have provided me with some good distraction material. Speaking of which, 5 minutes until Wednesday!

Agh...I've been meaning to see Darker than Black and Baccano some day, but then a new anime comes out and I see that instead.

Some others I recommend if you are ok with rather dark shows with gore and some horror are Fate Zero (prequel to Fate Stay Night) and Kara no Kyoukai (7 movie series- I've personally seen only a bit of this movie series, but I heard great things about them). Both are by the same company and both are known for very good art and animation.

Also, it's Wednesday!!! :boom:Hope you hear good news today!!!!

Best of luck to everyone waiting for a decision today! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!

Reactions: 3 users
Super glad that work is insanely busy, I would be totally insane right now otherwise.

...just keep staring at my phone anxiously.

got Alternate Category email at 4pm. I'm assuming this is below the HPWL, and the closest thing to a rejection without being an outright rejection? Anyone want to explain what the Alternate Category is, and any chance of getting off the waiting list? Looks like I'll be applying again!

got Alternate Category email at 4pm. I'm assuming this is below the HPWL, and the closest thing to a rejection without being an outright rejection? Anyone want to explain what the Alternate Category is, and any chance of getting off the waiting list? Looks like I'll be applying again!
What does the email say?

What does the email say?

"The Committee on Admissions, after reviewing your application, has placed you in the Alternate Category. This list is flexible and there are no ranked positions. While we are unable to offer you a place at this time, your application will remain under consideration. A place in the class may develop for you, but for some individuals on the Alternate List, a place may not be available before class begins. . In the meanwhile, I encourage you to complete all financial aid and housing information so that if you are accepted you will be on point. You can contact the Financial Aid Office @215.955.5855 or email @ [email protected] for instructions regarding financial aid. For Housing please go to www.jefferson.edu/housing to apply for on campus housing. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Your original application will continue to be actively considered. You may submit additional information (semester grades, awards, honors, etc.). In accordance with AAMC recommendations, we ask you to notify our office once you made a final decision on the medical school you plan to attend and withdraw your application. Please indicate whether you want to be considered for a place in the class at a later date by emailing me at [email protected]."

ACCEPTED!!!!! First MD acceptance, I'm overjoyed!

Reactions: 18 users
"The Committee on Admissions, after reviewing your application, has placed you in the Alternate Category. This list is flexible and there are no ranked positions. While we are unable to offer you a place at this time, your application will remain under consideration. A place in the class may develop for you, but for some individuals on the Alternate List, a place may not be available before class begins. . In the meanwhile, I encourage you to complete all financial aid and housing information so that if you are accepted you will be on point. You can contact the Financial Aid Office @215.955.5855 or email @ [email protected] for instructions regarding financial aid. For Housing please go to www.jefferson.edu/housing to apply for on campus housing. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Your original application will continue to be actively considered. You may submit additional information (semester grades, awards, honors, etc.). In accordance with AAMC recommendations, we ask you to notify our office once you made a final decision on the medical school you plan to attend and withdraw your application. Please indicate whether you want to be considered for a place in the class at a later date by emailing me at [email protected]."

It's either really good or really bad. Maybe Doctor Strange can weigh in?

Got the acceptance call from Dr. Callahan around 4:50 today. So excited!!! Is there a fb group?

Reactions: 6 users
Oh man, I got HPWL and unfortunately still havent gotten in anywhere in general..I dont know how many more blows I can take :/ Does anyone know how likely it even is to get off of this waitlist, and is it ranked? Hopefully it isn't just false hope. Anyway, congrats to everyone who got in today!!

VERy like to get off of HPWL. I assume the WL is always ranked but schools don't share that info.