2014-2015 Indiana University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
INDY here I come!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Got Indy, my top choice. But unfortunately will probably have to withdraw. Hopefully the spot goes to one of you guys that want Indy!

Does anyone know if there are certain apartments in Indy medical students tend to live in? Or do people just live all over? I couldn't really find any helpful information on the school website.

Stadium Lofts

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there are certain apartments in Indy medical students tend to live in? Or do people just live all over? I couldn't really find any helpful information on the school website.
Students live all over. I've been here as an undergraduate since August 2011. Stay out of the east side, some of west side is rough.

Hey! I just withdrew from the University, I was assigned at Northwest. Good luck! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Good luck once again!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, anyone here who still hasn't heard back yet? lol its kind of scary not knowing whats gonna happen as we get closer and closer to first day....will we be joining? will we be back on SDN for another year? haha

Found this on another school's thread from last year and thought it was cute. Good luck everybody!!!

"Twas the night before Waitlistmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a lab mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that and Admissions Dean soon would be there.

The premeds were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of acceptance letters danced in their heads.
And all the other admitted students went to sleep,
While not knowing their friends were in fear knee deep

When on my cell phone there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the phone I flew like a flash,
Tore open gmail and threw up in the trash."

-Credit to @monkeyjack

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, anyone here who still hasn't heard back yet? lol its kind of scary not knowing whats gonna happen as we get closer and closer to first day....will we be joining? will we be back on SDN for another year? haha

I haven't heard back yet either :/ I interviewed in October so prospects don't look good

I haven't heard back yet either :/ I interviewed in October so prospects don't look good
+1 October interview as well lol.

I know at least two people who interviewed in Oct/Nov 2013 and didn't get accepted until early June 2014. I know it's not the best case scenario, but it is definitely a possibility! Don't give up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know at least two people who interviewed in Oct/Nov 2013 and didn't get accepted until early June 2014. I know it's not the best case scenario, but it is definitely a possibility! Don't give up.

Does this mean I should be sending an update letter? Lol thanks for the info! :)

I assume those people were placed on the waitlist though? What about people who didn't get waitlisted or accepted yet?

Does this mean I should be blowing their phone up (lol) and sending more updates? Haven't heard a thing since my interview in Feb. I really hope they show me love at IU.

Does this mean I should be sending an update letter? Lol thanks for the info! :)
I assume those people were placed on the waitlist though? What about people who didn't get waitlisted or accepted yet?

One of them was never waitlisted and the other was but he took a little longer to hear. As far as an update letter.. I have no idea. That's such a gray area. I always think it can't hurt so why not? But I am forever the optimist. I would expect people to start hearing back pretty soon because of the new, earlier deadline to withdraw.

I was waitlisted last week, IUSM is still my top choice and I'm so anxious about (hopefully) hearing back. Does anyone have any idea when this might be? I don't know much about the new AAMC traffic rules but I assume we won't even have a chance of waitlist movement until after the 2nd chance lottery. Accepted students do you know when this is?

The AAMC traffic rules allows for the 2nd chance lottery to take place. It was stated in an email "The May 15th deadline for holding multiple acceptances creates openings throughout Indiana University School of Medicine’s multi-campus system." I would assume that waitlist movement would occur around the same time as 2nd chance lottery placement.

I was waitlisted last week, IUSM is still my top choice and I'm so anxious about (hopefully) hearing back. Does anyone have any idea when this might be? I don't know much about the new AAMC traffic rules but I assume we won't even have a chance of waitlist movement until after the 2nd chance lottery. Accepted students do you know when this is?
The AAMC traffic rules allows for the 2nd chance lottery to take place. It was stated in an email "The May 15th deadline for holding multiple acceptances creates openings throughout Indiana University School of Medicine’s multi-campus system." I would assume that waitlist movement would occur around the same time as 2nd chance lottery placement.

Do students at the Indianapolis campus have an exam schedule similar to the Bloomington campus? I know on the Bloomington campus students have a week when they take all of their exams and then have about 3 weeks to relax before their next exam week.

Do students at the Indianapolis campus have an exam schedule similar to the Bloomington campus? I know on the Bloomington campus students have a week when they take all of their exams and then have about 3 weeks to relax before their next exam week.
It's like undergrad but classes synchronized. There are exam weeks where you have all your exams the same week

I'm still "under consideration". Interviewed at the last interview session.

I assume i've been waitlisted at this point though.

Hey, yea Im from NYC. Also interviewed in February. Anyone who interviewed in February got an acceptance? Rejection? Waitlist?

I was a Feb interview. I got waitlisted / Alternate listed. I'm in-state though, if that makes any difference.

Hey, yea Im from NYC. Also interviewed in February. Anyone who interviewed in February got an acceptance? Rejection? Waitlist?

I interviewed Feb and was accepted March. I will be withdrawing my acceptance tmrw. Hope one of you all waitlisted will take my spot! Good luck!!!

I interviewed Feb and was accepted March. I will be withdrawing my acceptance tmrw. Hope one of you all waitlisted will take my spot! Good luck!!!
Hey, thanks for the support. I wish you all of the luck to whatever school you got into and accepted. Thing is, we still haven't even gotten waitlisted, still "under consideration" so no idea where that puts us. Guess I'm trying to figure out if its better to be "under consideration" or "waitlisted" at this point.

Hey, thanks for the support. I wish you all of the luck to whatever school you got into and accepted. Thing is, we still haven't even gotten waitlisted, still "under consideration" so no idea where that puts us. Guess I'm trying to figure out if its better to be "under consideration" or "waitlisted" at this point.

If it makes you feel any better, there a few of us who are still waiting after interviewing in October...

As for your speculation, at this point I think it is better to be waitlisted than under consideration. I don't think IU will be giving out anymore direct acceptances.

Sorry, can't quite answer that question. All I can say is don't give up, stay patient, and EVERYTHING happens for a reason whether you can understand it or not. One day you'll have a moment when you look back and realize how stressed you were for no reason because everything worked out better than you could have ever planned it to. Wish I could be there for moment. Again, good luck to you all!

Contacted admissions to ask a few questions and i was given the impression that if you're still under consideration then you're still up for a chance at acceptance. So I guess it's not necessarily going to be waitlist or rejection for those of us still waiting for news.

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my acceptance and just got notice of it today. Good luck you guys!!!

Contacted admissions to ask a few questions and i was given the impression that if you're still under consideration then you're still up for a chance at acceptance. So I guess it's not necessarily going to be waitlist or rejection for those of us still waiting for news.
But people have already received wait-list notifications.... I assumed its wait-list or nothing at this point.

They have already opened applications for next year and I think it's fair to tell the students something about their status

They have already opened applications for next year and I think it's fair to tell the students something about their status

I did speak to someone on admissions about this. What I have heard from them, and the other schools I am wait listed at, is the best thing to do is to now go ahead and start filling out a 2016 AMCAS just in case. You can still access your 2015 one and when you submit for 2016 both will be on file. I am still hoping to get accepted this summer sometime like everyone, but it's still good to be sure to prepare just in case so that if we do have to re-apply we won't be late. That being said I still think everyone who is not yet on the alternate list or rejected will get to hear something by the first of June for sure. Have hope!

But people have already received wait-list notifications.... I assumed its wait-list or nothing at this point.

Yea, I made that assumption as well but idk I wanted to call just to make sure. I see a lot of negative or discouraging comments on the forum for seemingly no reason and i just wanted to hear for myself. I try to remain positive and hopeful even if chances are slim bc at the end of the day it's not over till it's over. Gotta have hope! :)

Where's the hope at people! People are accepted after others have been waitlisted! It happens all the time, you just don't know it... You know what they say about assuming... o__o