2019-2020 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed in January but haven't heard anything yet. Does this mean I'm pretty much waitlisted/rejected??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed in January but haven't heard anything yet. Does this mean I'm pretty much waitlisted/rejected??

Yeah, unfortunately they finished sending straight up As last month. Not sure if you’re IS or not, but it has appeared that no one who is IS that interviewed after the first of the year has heard any news yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I interviewed in September and was waitlisted for SCP. I guess Im still being considered for regular admission and the admissions office said "It is a bit of a waiting game at this point, since we can only guarantee that you will hear a decision back by June 1."

I honestly thought I'd be a shoe in for regular admissions since i was waitlisted for SCP, but not hearing back 7 months after my interview is crazy

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
well hopefully no one likes their campus placement at the end of the month and they withdraw their application so all of us who are waiting for a decision can take those regional campus spots

well hopefully no one likes their campus placement at the end of the month and they withdraw their application so all of us who are waiting for a decision can take those regional campus spots

my first two choices are regional campuses. I’m hoping to get my first choice or else I’m out!

Reactions: 1 users
my first two choices are regional campuses. I’m hoping to get my first choice or else I’m out!
they need to start sending out these campus assignments (no offense but i hope you dont love yours so I can take your spot lol).. honestly though, thats amazing that you have a choice between med schools! You should be so proud of yourself!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
they need to start sending out these campus assignments (no offense but i hope you dont love yours so I can take your spot lol).. honestly though, thats amazing that you have a choice between med schools! You should be so proud of yourself!
Only reason I applied was because of regional campus selection since I wanted to be somewhere I knew. But I made the biggest mistake of putting Gary as my 2nd choice because it’s so close to Chicago so I can catch flights quick and cheaper. And now, I’m praying they don’t send me there LOL
I think students who are removed from WL go to the campus choice of the student they are replacing so if you get stuck at Gary because of me, I’ll pray for you.

Only reason I applied was because of regional campus selection since I wanted to be somewhere I knew. But I made the biggest mistake of putting Gary as my 2nd choice because it’s so close to Chicago so I can catch flights quick and cheaper. And now, I’m praying they don’t send me there LOL
I think students who are removed from WL go to the campus choice of the student they are replacing so if you get stuck at Gary because of me, I’ll pray for you.
At this point, I'll take it if I were to be removed from the WL and be placed in Gary. Gotta get my street cred up while in med school!

I recently withdrew my acceptance. I hope someone lucky receives it! Good luck to all!

Reactions: 8 users
just got the alternate list email but neither of the links are working?? interviewed 9/11

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the waitlist notification. Interviewed 2/14

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
just got the alternate list email but neither of the links are working?? interviewed 9/11
Just got the waitlist notification. Inverviewed 2/14

Congrats! Better than a rejection.

I have not heard anything yet. Checked email. one.iu student center, and IU portal.

I am an OOS re-applicant. I interviewed here last year with a <500, and again this year with new MCAT of <500.

I hope I don't get R twice. Geese. Leading me on and giving me false hope two times in a row.

IS applicant; have not received any email or update on portal :( does this mean it’s probably a rejection?

Its me, your soul mate. I know theres a bit of a pandemic and bb i understand that but maybe if you could just call me maybe? Or email? Smoke signal?

Spoke to soon. WL with a February interview.

IS applicant; have not received any email or update on portal :( does this mean it’s probably a rejection?

Same situation, hoping it's not the case I really loved the school.

Interviewed 1/08, in state applicant, received alternate list email

Is everyone that is getting WL, in-state? I don't think I have noticed any OOS.

Just holding on to any glimmer of hope. :(

I got the alternate email as well, was initially waitlisted SCP after my interview 9/11. Do you guys know what waitlist movement is like here?

I got the alternate email as well, was initially waitlisted SCP after my interview 9/11. Do you guys know what waitlist movement is like here?
From what I’ve heard, it’s 100 on the waitlist and about 50 of them get in from there in years past

I checked last year's posts and it seems like if you didn't hear today, we are waiting for a rejection in the next few weeks. Would those who have not heard anything since interviewing September-December agree with this? Still staying positive, but just wanting a conclusion so I can start planning for next application cycle.

I checked last year's posts and it seems like if you didn't hear today, we are waiting for a rejection in the next few weeks. Would those who have not heard anything since interviewing September-December agree with this? Still staying positive, but just wanting a conclusion so I can start planning for next application cycle.
Interviewed in september RD, IS, haven't heard anything since...

I am wait listed from scp interview on 9/11 as well and just got the regular admissions waitlist yesterday. Anyone know if they give you a waitlist number or rank?

SCP interview in Oct., SCP waitlist in Dec. and alternate email yesterday. Also OOS.

Probably withdrawing so I hope one of you guys gets it! Best of luck everyone

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone recently withdrawn after accepting the admissions offer? If so, did you guys send an email?

It makes no sense... I'm so confused why they would not just send rejections?

They basically do the same thing every year - wave of waitlists in April and then mass post-interview rejections a few weeks later. They very rarely reject anyone post-interview in the middle of cycle.

Lol regional campuses aren't death sentences and offer many perks. Plus, you can go to Indy after your second year. I'm confused as to why anyone would not accept a med school spot just because they had to go to a location that was less favorable for 2 years. I'm at the WL location and while no, it's not that exciting, I have a great group of people in my class, staff that cares and am only like 1.5 hours from Chicago if I'm wanting a break.

Lol regional campuses aren't death sentences and offer many perks. Plus, you can go to Indy after your second year. I'm confused as to why anyone would not accept a med school spot just because they had to go to a location that was less favorable for 2 years. I'm at the WL location and while no, it's not that exciting, I have a great group of people in my class, staff that cares and am only like 1.5 hours from Chicago if I'm wanting a break.

I agree. It’s kinda disheartening to see for those of us who are now probably waiting for a rejection letter as well. I’m sure I speak for a lot of people when I say we’d give anything to be at any of the campuses.

I agree. It’s kinda disheartening to see for those of us who are now probably waiting for a rejection letter as well. I’m sure I speak for a lot of people when I say we’d give anything to be at any of the campuses.

For those of you who are waitlisted and waiting for further communication, I was accepted off the waitlist 1 week and 1 day before orientation! I was already moved to another state for an entirely different master's program so you can bet I thought I wasn't going to be getting into IUSM. I know waiting for admission decisions is frustrating, just keep your head up and know that it's not over until you get that official rejection. They accept legit all the way up until orientation which is crazy but sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

For those of you who are waitlisted and waiting for further communication, I was accepted off the waitlist 1 week and 1 day before orientation! I was already moved to another state for an entirely different master's program so you can bet I thought I wasn't going to be getting into IUSM. I know waiting for admission decisions is frustrating, just keep your head up and know that it's not over until you get that official rejection. They accept legit all the way up until orientation which is crazy but sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

Unfortunately, I didn’t receive a waitlist email so I will probably be getting my rejection letter within the next couple weeks. Hopeful for different results in the coming cycle though!

So IU set a deadline for 7/10 to select commit to enroll on AMCAS. Has anybody found if they have a requirement to select "plan to enroll" by a certain date?

So IU set a deadline for 7/10 to select commit to enroll on AMCAS. Has anybody found if they have a requirement to select "plan to enroll" by a certain date?
Not that I know of. I’d follow AMCAS guidelines for everything else. I think that’s the only school specific deadline.

So... no peep from them since interviewing in October... Does this basically mean I'm rejected?

Unfortunately, I didn’t receive a waitlist email so I will probably be getting my rejection letter within the next couple weeks. Hopeful for different results in the coming cycle though!

I got accepted this year as a reapplicant. I was waitlisted last cycle and didn't get in. While it's definitely tough, it's not the end of the world. I ended up getting some good experience at my job and I'm glad the timing has worked out the way it has. Plus Indiana gives individual feedback if you're rejected, which could help when reapplying.

I got accepted this year as a reapplicant. I was waitlisted last cycle and didn't get in. While it's definitely tough, it's not the end of the world. I ended up getting some good experience at my job and I'm glad the timing has worked out the way it has. Plus Indiana gives individual feedback if you're rejected, which could help when reapplying.

Could I DM you about your experience reapplying?