2019-2020 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello folks, well I will be withdrawing my acceptance at Indiana. Just got off the WL from my top choice school about an hour ago. I was placed at the South Bend campus for those who are curious. I graduated from Notre Dame so it would have been full circle going back since I love Notre Dame very much.

Best of luck to you all.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
A few people have withdrawn right? Has anyone been called out of the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
A few people have withdrawn right? Has anyone been called out of the waitlist?

Based on reading last year's forum, they wait until everyones transcripts have been verified and let in a batch off the waitlist in early June.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would a letter of intent be uploaded to the applicant portal or should I email it?

For those of you on the WL - I was in your shoes this time last year. I mailed in a letter of intent around this time and was accepted off the WL in June. If IU is your top choice, let them know!

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you on the WL - I was in your shoes this time last year. I mailed in a letter of intent around this time and was accepted off the WL in June. If IU is your top choice, let them know!
What if you already sent one in February? Would you send another one?

I sent them one in late February before hearing their decision from my Jan interview and still haven't received an initial decision. RIP me Lol.

What if you already sent one in February? Would you send another one?
I sent them one in late February before hearing their decision from my Jan interview and still haven't received an initial decision. RIP me Lol.

If you've already sent one, I'd wait it out. I sent mine in late March after interviewing in early November. It's likely that they decide relatively soon after your interview whether you will be accepted immediately or placed on a waitlist for the remainder of the application cycle. Once on that waitlist, your name and file will occasionally come up at their monthly meetings, but not every month. This means that if you sent in a LOI it is likely they have not yet seen it. I know the wait sucks, but hang in there!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received a rejection yet?? (speaking to those that were not notified of wait-listing).

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+3 I saw in last years thread they sent rejections on the 17th so I’ve been expecting it this week or early next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. I am re-applicant and interview same time last year as well and it was WL followed by R.

I know this has been discussed before but do they want us to send hard copies of our transcripts?

Just got accepted off the waitlist for SCP!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist at Terre Haute! Interviewed 2/14. LM 67.5

I just got accepted off the waitlist too!!!!! Omg this seems so surreal

Do you guys have the match list anywhere? I can't find it lol

Just got Accepted with the SCP in Evansville.

Is everyone that’s getting accepted for SCP only or regular MD waitlist too?

Hi there. I'm currently on the waitlist and working on next year's app. Does anyone know if we can get the admissions advice on our app like immediately? Or do we need to wait until the end of the cycle? Because at that point the new app will have been open for a couple months, and I'd rather not be behind. However I would like to know how they think I can improve. Thanks.

Hi there. I'm currently on the waitlist and working on next year's app. Does anyone know if we can get the admissions advice on our app like immediately? Or do we need to wait until the end of the cycle? Because at that point the new app will have been open for a couple months, and I'd rather not be behind. However I would like to know how they think I can improve. Thanks.

I was told previously that they cannot review your current application until a final decision has been made. However, they can do an application review as if you were a reapplicant.

I was told previously that they cannot review your current application until a final decision has been made. However, they can do an application review as if you were a reapplicant.
Thanks for the response, but I'm not really understanding what you mean here. It seems like "no but yes."

Thanks for the response, but I'm not really understanding what you mean here. It seems like "no but yes."
I think what it means is that they won’t be reviewing your interview performance or maybe their thoughts on your personal statement. I have done one of these application reviews before and they simply look at GPA, MCAT, volunteer hours, shadowing hours, research, and any interesting ECs you’d like to share with them.

I think what it means is that they won’t be reviewing your interview performance or maybe their thoughts on your personal statement. I have done one of these application reviews before and they simply look at GPA, MCAT, volunteer hours, shadowing hours, research, and any interesting ECs you’d like to share with them.
They told me that they wouldn't even schedule one until after June 1st, but obviously we can submit our applications for next year around that time, so it's not really that helpful unless we wait to schedule and receive feedback and then submit AMCAS? I think that has been the most frustrating part... if IU is really a top school then I guess you get your feedback and wait to submit.

Hello! I know this has been discussed before, but maybe I am overthinking it. When submitting the e-transcript, how do I go about doing it? There is not a specific option for IU School of Medicine (at least on Credential Solutions), so which one should I choose?

They told me that they wouldn't even schedule one until after June 1st, but obviously we can submit our applications for next year around that time, so it's not really that helpful unless we wait to schedule and receive feedback and then submit AMCAS? I think that has been the most frustrating part... if IU is really a top school then I guess you get your feedback and wait to submit.
Yeah honestly I don't see the harm of waiting a few days to get feedback from an authority on the matter. This next app cycle is going to be so messed up anyways for anyone taking the MCAT. I know people who had the test scheduled for May but aren't taking it until July now.

Does anyone accepted off of the alternate list know when the choose your school tool will be made available for IU?

Last edited:
Officially withdrawn, was placed at Bloomington. Hope my spot goes to one of you guys. Good luck everyone!

FYI - white coat ceremony has been postponed till the summer between phase 1 and 2. More orientation information is available too - all on the website.

Reactions: 2 users
Are they calling people for acceptance off the waitlist?

Post-II rejection, after 8 months of silence. Thank you IU, very cool!

Reactions: 6 users
Pardon my french, but F U Indiana for making me wait this long for a post interview rejection! :rage:
I truly hope this will not happen again in future cycles... We're going under so much stress and it really is not okay for them to ignore us for months... I also hope that the people on this forum won't experience similar problems as students at IU...
Luckily I've been accepted elsewhere, but if I was not - oh man I would probably fly over to Indi and give them a piece of my mind. :punch:

Lol 8 months later after no communication I was given the post-interview rejection. Radio silence since my interview despite reaching out to update the committee. I’m an IS resident. Glad I wasn’t even given a second thought for admittance to the only state MD program. S/O IUSM for the lack of transparency and ghosting me!!

• Angry
  • Sad
R. re-interviewer. Oh well, best of luck to everyone admitted or re-applying. We will RISE and become great physicians one day!