2014-2015 Indiana University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It was presented to me that they are still reviewing for acceptances.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

Dang. Everyone is hearing different things I guess, but I am going to go ahead and believe in that and keep hoping. Thanks for the news.

Dang. Everyone is hearing different things I guess, but I am going to go ahead and believe in that and keep hoping. Thanks for the news.

You're welcome, keep your head up!

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe a very small amt. according to a professional email I received from
IU...they have already accepted over 300 ppl

You're welcome, keep your head up!

I think that is probably true. Schools are supposed to have sent out a number of acceptances equal to or greater than their expected class size by March 15th. However, just because they have sent out that many doesn't mean the class is already full. People got outright accepted on April 15th after that deadline so I guess you never know!

The class size will consist of over 500 people, as was stated in the interview information session.

Yeah! I'm sure there will be many acceptances after May 1st!

With more acceptances to follow! Best wishes everyone!

I think that is probably true. Schools are supposed to have sent out a number of acceptances equal to or greater than their expected class size by March 15th. However, just because they have sent out that many doesn't mean the class is already full. People got outright accepted on April 15th after that deadline so I guess you never know!

Class size is around 342 don't lose hope

I'm pretty sure they said their class size was in excess of 500.

My mistake but with the regional campuses maxed out at 28 students that would mean almost 300 first years here at Indy. I've been here for 2years and have never heard of that many.

Members don't see this ad :)
I could have heard incorrectly however the point I wanted to get across is that the school is still reviewing applications for acceptances, not just waitlist or rejection.

I could have heard incorrectly however the point I wanted to get across is that the school is still reviewing applications for acceptances, not just waitlist or rejection.

Campus assignments go out Friday. The class is full now. With the April 30 deadline for students holding multiple acceptances coming up some spots are gonna open up but at this point it's wait list not necessarily rejection though

Campus assignments go out Friday. The class is full now. With the April 30 deadline for students holding multiple acceptances coming up some spots are gonna open up but at this point it's wait list not necessarily rejection though
Agreed.

Any word on when we might hear about campus placement? I know last year they heard around this time so just curious

Any word on when we might hear about campus placement? I know last year they heard around this time so just curious

I was told by admissions that we would hear later this week. Someone posted earlier in the thread that we would hear on Friday.

Just got an e-mail. I was placed on the alternate list. :-/

Same here no ranking so I have no clue what this means other than I have up until AUG 10 to hear back now great. And my wife just got into LLUCOM in Cali. #dilemma

Yeah, I'm accepted at MUCOM, with a $2000 deposit due May 1st. And I have to take 0.3 credit hours of Biochemistry before I can (hopefully) matriculate to IU.

The waiting game continues...

Huh. No email here. If you guys are getting alternate list emails, I suspect a rejection is heading my way. Granted, I've suspected that for a long time!

No portal change for me either, just the e-mail. FYI for everyone, the info sheet attached says there are "Approximately 100 alternates" selected, of which about half got a seat last year. Also, it mentions that all Alternatives who get offered a seat will be placed at a regional campus.

Also is there a deadline for turning in that alternate position acceptance form?

Yes, 3 weeks.

Hey waitlist people. On that alternate acceptance form we have to turn in what should I put for number 5 if my final transcripts have already been received since I graduated a while ago? #sweatingthesmallstuff

Hey waitlist people. On that alternate acceptance form we have to turn in what should I put for number 5 if my final transcripts have already been received since I graduated a while ago? #sweatingthesmallstuff
You may be able to say N/A for that particular space. However, I think it is required to send all final transcripts to a school once you've been accepted since amcas doesn't send them to the school. Some schools want all WL ppl to go ahead and send them too. May have to call to verify when they actually want them.

I emailed admissions, and got this back "Its best to go ahead and send all of your finalized transcripts now so the office has them. If you are accepted then you aren’t in a hurry to send them."

I emailed admissions, and got this back "Its best to go ahead and send all of your finalized transcripts now so the office has them. If you are accepted then you aren’t in a hurry to send them."

I get that, but they already have my finalized transcripts. I sent them in in February after my interview. And they received them and everything. So I don't want to have to get more official transcripts when there is nothing new from the ones they have you know? I'm not in school this year.

I get that, but they already have my finalized transcripts. I sent them in in February after my interview. And they received them and everything. So I don't want to have to get more official transcripts when there is nothing new from the ones they have you know? I'm not in school this year.
Then I would just say already received or something. The average applicant didn't send in transcripts post interview so that's mainly for everybody else.

Has anyone called today to see what's up with campus assignments? I'm thinking about doing it but don't want to bug them if someone here knows what's happening..

Has anyone called today to see what's up with campus assignments? I'm thinking about doing it but don't want to bug them if someone here knows what's happening..
I am wondering that myself

Patience young grasshopper.....It's only 2 EST....wait a little while longer. Maybe call Monday if we don't hear anything today.

EDIT: Although I do find myself checking my email every 10 minutes haha

Okay, I called because this is just so ridiculous (do they not realized that apartments are filling up already??) and they said "very soon". The person I talked to said she couldn't give an exact time but that she had heard today and if not today, definitely in the next couple days. She said we would be notified via email.

Reactions: 2 users
Better yet check your applicant portal! They should be up

WOO! INDIANAPOLIS! Didn't receive the email yet, but it is updated on my applicant portal! Can't wait to meet my future classmates! :biglove:

Reactions: 1 users
WOO! INDIANAPOLIS! Didn't receive the email yet, but it is updated on my applicant portal! Can't wait to meet my future classmates! :biglove:
Nvm, just received the email! Hopefully you all got placed where you were hoping as well!

Just got my assignment: Northwest! Whoop, whoop! Check your email, peeps. :D

Does anyone know if there are certain apartments in Indy medical students tend to live in? Or do people just live all over? I couldn't really find any helpful information on the school website.

Northwest here!! so excited I don't have to move :rofl: