2019-2020 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything off the WL after the mid-May batch?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard anything off the WL after the mid-May batch?
Not yet. I have a hunch it’ll probably be on June 15 if we were to hear anything since the waitlist email was sent out on April 15 and the first round of waitlist acceptances were sent on May 15

Hey guys do you know if we are required to select plan to enroll?

Members don't see this ad :)
My deferral request got approved so that's one more spot for someone on the waitlist! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
@osamine Theres a tab on the side that says prematriculation, and another tab that showed up that says admissions decision where it has the acceptance letter

Reactions: 1 users
Did any of you guys who got accepted on May 15th not get the acceptance package in the mail yet? Idk what’s going on

Did any of you guys who got accepted on May 15th not get the acceptance package in the mail yet? Idk what’s going on
I haven’t gotten the acceptance package either. I emailed them and they said that we would get information soon but I haven’t received anything.

I got accepted in early April and still haven't gotten the acceptance package in the mail lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
For those who got off the WL & are accepting enrollment at IU, I’d suggest joining the Facebook group (IUSM Class of 2024) to stay up to date with news until receiving acceptance information. There’s also a class wide GroupMe to join. If you know which campus you’re assigned to, there’s a separate GroupMe for that too. Links for campus specific GroupMes are in the Facebook group.

There may be delays in getting the acceptance letters in the mail due to the pandemic. For financial information, all the contact information is on the portal so if you have questions go ahead and reach out to the Director of Financial Aid.

As an accepted student, we’ve only gotten financial aid information via email. Everything else that we know of for pre-matriculation tasks we know from the portal. To the best of my knowledge, we don’t know any other details.

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed them about this and they said that they are not able to enter the office and assemble/mail the acceptance letter. Therefore, it will be sent in early June.

Reactions: 2 users
has anyone seen a match list for IU anywhere? I'm kinda concerned that they don't have any data out there

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted off the waitlist!!! Going to Indy!!! There is hope for all of you still on the waitlist.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted off the waitlist for the Scholarly Concentrations program at the Northwest campus!

Reactions: 5 users
Yesterday I was also accepted off the waitlist! I get to stay in Indy!! :D

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations to you guys! :) I️ can imagine your excitement.

How did you guys find out? Was it via Email? I’m on the waitlist and still holding on to hope.

Congratulations to you guys! :) I️ can imagine your excitement.

How did you guys find out? Was it via Email? I’m on the waitlist and still holding on to hope.
I noticed an email first and then checked my portal and there was a new tab stating that I was accepted. It doesn't seem like they are doing mass acceptances. Acceptances also seem to be coming out on Fridays.

I noticed an email first and then checked my portal and there was a new tab stating that I was accepted. It doesn't seem like they are doing mass acceptances. Acceptances also seem to be coming out on Fridays.
Thank you for the response. I️ appreciate it! I’m remaining hopeful. Congrats again! Wishing you all well!

Got off the WL at Northwest! Does anyone know if admissions will switch two people who want to switch campus assignments?

I was wondering if, for anyone accepted off of the waitlist last month, your FASFA is still showing up as not received? I sent mine back in January and it's still marked as not received. I wasn't sure if this was just an issue for me or whether other students accepted off the waitlist had a similar issue.

I was wondering if, for anyone accepted off of the waitlist last month, your FASFA is still showing up as not received? I sent mine back in January and it's still marked as not received. I wasn't sure if this was just an issue for me or whether other students accepted off the waitlist had a similar issue.
Same thing’s happening to me too

What time did everyone see the acceptance notification off of the waitlist?

Has anyone on the waitlist that has not been accepted yet reached out to admissions? Are they still considering waitlisted applicants? Thanks.

Has anyone on the waitlist that has not been accepted yet reached out to admissions? Are they still considering waitlisted applicants? Thanks.
I haven't heard anything, but I do know that the CTE deadline is July 10. Hopefully there will be some movement around then.

Last edited:
I just received an email confirming my acceptance from the WL!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who is accepted received the letter packet in the mail yet? in my acceptance email they said they would be sending one but that was a couple weeks ago

Has anyone who is accepted received the letter packet in the mail yet? in my acceptance email they said they would be sending one but that was a couple weeks ago
No I was accepted over a month ago and have not received one yet.

I haven't heard anything, but I do know that the CTE deadline is July 10. Hopefully there will be some movement around then.
They consider through matriculation week per the information they've sent us.

Someone mentioned earlier the admissions office wasn't able to send more out because they can't go in (COVID-19 restrictions).

I was accepted May 15th via email, and just today received the acceptance letter in the mail.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew a little while ago, good luck to you all still waiting!

Just accepted off WL yesterday. I haven’t gotten the acceptance email yet, I was hoping someone could PM me who’s in the Facebook groups or has info about what the class situation is going to be! Trying to figure out moving arrangements :)

Last edited:
If you didn’t get the acceptance email then how did you find out you’re off the waitlist ?

Just accepted off WL yesterday. I haven’t gotten the acceptance email yet, I was hoping someone could PM me who’s in the Facebook groups or has info about what the class situation is going to be! Trying to figure out moving arrangements :)

I would contact them specifically because they have not released official news about what they are deciding to do about the class situation. The Facebook group is mainly filled with campus-specific GroupMe links and the entire class GroupMe link so if you would like to stay up to date, I'd recommend for you to join those GroupMes. All other major updates are sent out every Monday via email.

So I interviewed on the first day of interviews in September and I still haven't heard back from the waitlist...am I screwed? Does anyone know of an estimate of how many people have been accepted off the waitlist already? Really sucks since IUSM was my goal as I am in-state and went to IU-Bloomington.

So I interviewed on the first day of interviews in September and I still haven't heard back from the waitlist...am I screwed? Does anyone know of an estimate of how many people have been accepted off the waitlist already? Really sucks since IUSM was my goal as I am in-state and went to IU-Bloomington.
I saw somewhere that they accept 60/100 people from the waitlist

I saw somewhere that they accept 60/100 people from the waitlist
Really? Wow. I️ wonder what their holistic approach takes into consideration? What is given more weight comparative to other parts of the applicant’s profile?

I’m still on the waitlist. I️ don’t think anyone is going to be rejected until after the first week of classes. That is when they stated the cut off timeline is. It’s kind of disappointing for those still waiting but who knows? Maybe with the way things are at the moment and most schools remaining closed, it’s a blessing in disguise? I’m trying to remain optimistic about the situation and letting the pieces fall where they may. It’s certainly not the end of the world if I️ have to re-apply.

Application came under review 1/24...not sure if I’ll hear back tomorrow or if it’s still too early