2014-2015 Duke University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did any fellow waitlister apply for financial aid?

I called shortly after being waitlisted and the lady from the admissions office said not to.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrawing today. Best of luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone post the match list 2015 if it is out? Thanks!

Made the very difficult decision to withdraw today...why couldnt you give me as much $$$$ as Michigan, Duke?

Anyways, good luck to everyone-i hope my spot goes to someone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
Last year the only reported waitlist acceptances were the day after the one acceptance deadline. Fingers crossed for next Friday!

That's actually good to hear so that we won't have to continuously have that feeling of instability. Things change every year though so I guess there will always still be that chance until you get an explicit rejection or classes start.

Reactions: 1 user
judging by the demographics at SLW, @CTU Surgeon and I postulate that mostly girls will get off the waitlist.
You see that is a dangerous thought, all hopeful and stuff, if you're female. I just need this process to be over so I can figure out my lifeeeeee. Whine.whine...wine.

You see that is a dangerous thought, all hopeful and stuff, if you're female. I just need this process to be over so I can figure out my lifeeeeee. Whine.whine...wine.

I'm withdrawing from here today and I'm a female so there's a chance!

There are substantial female prospective students on the facebook page. So I don't think @ProbablyAPenguin and @CTU Surgeon's postulation is necessarily right since SLW is not always an accurate prediction.

There are substantial female prospective students on the facebook page. So I don't think @ProbablyAPenguin and @CTU Surgeon's postulation is necessarily right since SLW is not always an accurate prediction.
I'd rather not speculate at all and just wait for Friday, this is making me nervous hah.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing here also. Hopefully their super generous full tuition offer goes to another worthy candidate still on the fence! ;)

Reactions: 7 users
can someone please post the fb group link? I've tried searching here and on fb but can't find for some reason...

So to be clear, does the National Reply Date mean I have to withdraw all offers but one by midnight tonight, or by the end of the day (5 PM) tomorrow?

did Duke SERIOUSLY just reject me a 3rd time? dudeeee

Reactions: 4 users

I just got rejected a second time.

"Good morning:

Thank you for your continued interest in Duke University School of Medicine.

The Faculty Executive Committee for Admissions to the School of Medicine has now completed its deliberations for the 2015-2016 application cycle. Please find the final decision of the Committee attached.

We appreciate your interest in Duke Medical School and wish you continued success.

Respectfully,"

I DO NOT HAVE CONTINUED INTEREST I AM DECIDEDLY UN-INTERESTED

Reactions: 11 users
3rd rejection. At least it was scanned in straight this time. I replied "This is my third rejection. I understand I will not be matriculating at Duke this year."

Could not stop laughing when I got their email! Looking forward to my fourth rejection.

Reactions: 10 users
+1
Honestly, I'm happy for those accepted but after the way they have treated the other applicants I am glad I'm not going here...

What are they even doing over there? BLARGH!!!

3rd rejection. At least it was scanned in straight this time. I replied "This is my third rejection. I understand I will not be matriculating at Duke this year."

Could not stop laughing when I got their email! Looking forward to my fourth rejection.
I would LOVE to hear their response if the ever send you one, pedis! I too was rejected for a third time today.

I was just rejected for the second time. Clearly I matter more to them than all you third timers hahahaha... What is their deal?

The sad thing is I was kind of hoping it was a WL email that others got previously. How foolish of me. #bluedevilburned

Last edited:
I would LOVE to hear their response if the ever send you one, pedis! I too was rejected for a third time today.
I also responded to them, and I got the following response:

Thanks for letting us know. I apologize if there was redundancy on our part in making sure that everyone had been officially alerted. There were a number of people who actually because of IT problems failed to receive their decisions. Given the time and effort that students pu into this process, we feel an absolute obligation to make sure that we provice everyone with a decision.

Dr Armstrong

I dunno maybe I'm just butthurt cus I GOT REJECTED THREE TIMES but I think that "Given the time and effort that students pu [sic] into this process," Duke should "feel an absolute obligation" to treat them with a bit more decency instead? eh anyway I'm not actually upset haha, that only ever happened during the first rejection :p over it by now and happy with where I'm going

Reactions: 5 users
Just withdrew, which was such a hard decision for me to make. I loved everything about Duke except their financial aid :p

This has been a roller coaster of a year, and I'm so glad that my decision is made now!

So a friend of mine just posted on his facebook that he got into Duke Med-I'm assuming off the waitlist...

Texted my friend, he hasnt replied. If noone else has gotten in yet, you can probably relax. My friend is a Duke undergrad, and he has lots of connections at Duke med

Well, it was fun while it lasted. I wish everyone the best of luck during their medical school careers and congratulations to those of you who had a successful outcome at Duke!

Last edited:
No I'm not, and I apologize if it came across that way. Just hard to stomach what doesn't seem like good news after such a long process.
I don't think it's necessarily bad news. I think they're calling a few people at a time, similarly to how they gave out decisions in February. It's not over until it's over. Don't count yourself out!

I don't think it's necessarily bad news. I think they're calling a few people at a time, similarly to how they gave out decisions in February. It's not over until it's over. Don't count yourself out!

And then when it is over, don't worry because they'll make sure to tell you three times

Reactions: 13 users
Rejected a third time as well.

Do you think I should give up hope yet?

You never know... you could have been accepted all along. Might want to call and find out.

"I've been rejected three times and I was just wondering if there's still hope."

At least 2 of my friends got off the waitlist yesterday...

Does anyone know if there is anything we need to be completing if we have already turned in the tuition deposit/intent letter/financial aid stuff? Like immunization records or anything of that sort.

My tuition deposit has not been cashed yet. Has anyone else’s deposit been cashed? Also I am wondering if anyone has received instruction on how to setup their NetID?