2019-2020 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reject me already goddamit

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Also WL via email today— Idk if people still care but I think my essay disappeared like immediately :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No email, essay gone. Fully expecting that R tomorrow

So people next year have that data- did anyone that hasn’t been emailed have their essay disappear? Mine is still loud and proud.
Mine disappeared several weeks ago and I'm without an email

Reactions: 1 users
At this point I don’t think essay presence or absence meant anything in terms of admissions decision

Reactions: 2 users
Looking forward to this Valentine’s Day R tomorrow....

• Sad
with love, Dr. Yee
c1a0878d6d4eb1c57767e17eed6d93f4.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm gonna give them one last call in the morning just to see if they're done. At least that'll give me some closure before that R email hits me like a sandbag to the face

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Unless there was incorrect info given, Admissions said all As have been given out, maybe some WL would be given out today via email (i find this hard to believe), and they hope to send out all Rs today

• Wow
Unless there was incorrect info given, Admissions said all As have been given out, maybe some WL would be given out today via email (i find this hard to believe), and they hope to send out all Rs today

Well, that tracks. See y'all in the other threads

• Wow
Did my own call - Admissions Office said that a few calls might go out today but that the list is with the dean. Also said that all decisions should be out today, so keep an eye out for emails

I love you all. Good luck. Come take the LSAT with me if you don't get in anywhere its way easier than the MCAT.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey! For those who are waitlisted, are we supposed to do something to accept our waitlist position? Or do we just wait??

Hey! For those who are waitlisted, are we supposed to do something to accept our waitlist position? Or do we just wait??

I think we just wait. There’s no change in the portal for us to do anything, and the email just mentions contacting them if you don’t want to be on the wait list.

R

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
R, thanks Duke. Can't wait to get the next "give us money" email from them

• Sad
post-II R... At least UNC accepted me, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11 users
I think we just wait. There’s no change in the portal for us to do anything, and the email just mentions contacting them if you don’t want to be on the wait list.
That is what I was thinking, and I just wanted to double check! Thank you so much!!

post-II R... interviewed on their first day of interviews... and it's my alma mater. At least UNC accepted me, I guess.
Post-II R; after 2 days of checking my phone incessantly lol; and the decision email is so short...
Dear Applicant,
The Admissions Committee at Duke University School of Medicine has had the extremely
difficult task of reviewing more than 7000 applications. More than 700 applicants were
interviewed for the 120 available positions in our Entering Class of 2020.
We have now completed our deliberations and although competitive, we regret that your
application has not been chosen for the 2020 incoming class.
We appreciate your interest in us as a place to undertake your training for a career in
medicine and hope you will consider Duke again in the future.
Respectfully,
Linton Yee, MD
Associate Dean
School of Medicine Admissions

Last edited:
  • Sad
R. Honestly thought this was one of my strongest interviews. Don’t really know what I would’ve done differently. Then again I’m from the northeast and don’t have any connection to the area.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
R. Honestly thought this was one of my strongest interviews. Don’t really know what I would’ve done differently. Then again I’m from the northeast and don’t have any connection to the area.
Verysadpremed121

R, thought it was my best MMI too. Guess there's other factors in consideration. It was a pleasure boys.

• Sad
I was in the first interview group too and I thought it went great. Family alumni. Wonder what went wrong.

When you were there did they also say they were only interviewing 550 this year (despite the email saying 700) and strongly suggest that interviewing so early was a sure thing? There’s so much dishonesty in this process I am so sick of it.
Yep.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
I was in the first interview group too and I thought it went great. Family alumni. Wonder what went wrong.

When you were there did they also say they were only interviewing 550 this year (despite the email saying 700) and strongly suggest that interviewing so early was a sure thing? There’s so much dishonesty in this process I am so sick of it.
We are leaving fake adcoms in 2019

Do they prefer people in their area?

Do they prefer people in their area?
This tends to be true for most schools, even private ones. My acceptances so far have come from private schools in my home state or neighboring states. I know schools like upenn have like a 30% acceptance rate for in state and 20% for out of state. I think schools want to take people who are likely to go, which means people who have connections to the area or family.

Portal is updated with acceptance, also my essay is back for the first time since September

• Wow
Same essay back and as bad as ever!!!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted or waitlisted! Maybe we will meet up at residency or fellowship. We all have a long road ahead so best of luck to everyone.

Reactions: 3 users
Duke IS acceptance rate is 6% and OOS acceptance rate is 3%.
DukeApps IS 547IS II 82IS A 32IS matriculants 24Apps OOS 7594OOS II 695OOS A225OOS Matriculants 105Total apps 8141Total II 777Total A 257Acceptance rate post II (33.1%)Acceptance Rate post II IS -39.02%Acceptance Rate post II OOS - 32.37%total acceptance rate (applicants/acceptances) 3.16%

• Love
Congrats! Did you receive the confirmation email yet? I just hope that phone call wasn't a hoax. :)
Lol, yes I got the confirmation email. That would have been a top ten anime betrayals of all time if it was a hoax. Not sure I ever would have recovered from that.