2012-2013 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice/pep talk. I'll have to give them a call tomorrow. Drexel is my number one choice so fingers crossed :)

Members don't see this ad.

I've been in your shoes before and had both good news and bad news form different schools. Just remember that if this is truly what you want, the wait is most definitely worth it. If your status has not changed for a very long time, give admissions a call. There are a lot of applicants at DUCOM and sometimes the process falls behind a little. It never hurts to ask once (emphasis on once!).

Just wanted to say you have an awesome blog! Its pretty cool to see what its really like at Drexel.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sent in my letter of intent today.... Hopefully it'll work :)

Accepted!!!! :D

So excited because this is my first acceptance!! Really surprised because I thought my interview went terribly!!

For those who are still waiting, hang in there. I know it's tough and I feel for you. Good luck everyone!

Stats:
3.79gpa, 30R
Interviewed 1/30

So excited because this is my first acceptance!! Really surprised because I thought my interview went terribly!!

For those who are still waiting, hang in there. I know it's tough and I feel for you. Good luck everyone!

Stats:
3.79gpa, 30R
Interviewed 1/30

Congrats!!!

MD Class of 2017!!

Stats:
3.79gpa, 30R
Interviewed 1/30

Congrats! I felt like I completely bombed the interview, but hey look at us now! :thumbup:

Waitlist letter received 4/20, interviewed 3/19. The wait continues!

Just double checking, but there is no deposit aside from the money we sent in when we were accepted, right?!

Does anyone know if Drexel's waiting list is ranked? Or if there is anything I can do to better my chances of being accepted from the waiting list? I plan on sending an LOI this week, but should I try to send another LOR or something? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
My understanding is they respond quite favorably to LOIs. No clue on LORs.

I actually sent in an additional LOR after my interview. I'm trying to decide if I should perhaps send in an LOI as well, or if it would be unnecessary considering the fact that I have already sent in an LOR post-interview. Thoughts?

not sure how this could possibly be taking this long. goin on 13 weeks post interview now and 8 weeks of being with the committee...anyone else interview mid january

I actually sent in an additional LOR after my interview. I'm trying to decide if I should perhaps send in an LOI as well, or if it would be unnecessary considering the fact that I have already sent in an LOR post-interview. Thoughts?

I sent in a letter of interest and LOR, and had a physician/alumni who I've worked closely with call in for me.
I say send it in. The LOR speaks for you as an applicant, but the LOI is more personal and can be more specific about why Drexel.
Good luck!

I sent in a letter of interest and LOR, and had a physician/alumni who I've worked closely with call in for me.
I say send it in. The LOR speaks for you as an applicant, but the LOI is more personal and can be more specific about why Drexel.
Good luck!

at what point in the process did you have the alumni call in?

not sure how this could possibly be taking this long. goin on 13 weeks post interview now and 8 weeks of being with the committee...anyone else interview mid january

I also interviewed in mid January and have been with the committee for about 8 weeks. You're definitely not alone. Hopefully they'll get back to us soon! Not sure what else we can do in the meantime.

Also mid-jan interviewee here, 8+ weeks with committee. Nice to see I'm not alone! Good luck you guys : )

Any current drexel med students open to having a California kid bunk up with them for 2 days next week? I'm flying up to Philly just to find where I want to live and it'd be nice not to have to spend money on a hotel! or rent a car!

Lunch/dinner would be on me!

Final decision reached! At least I will be able to move on with my life pretty soon. I'm so over this wait!

Withdrew my application a few days ago, hoping it goes to someone who really wants to go here! Decided to attend my state school instead, cheaper and closer to home.

Best of luck to those still waiting!

Final decision reached! At least I will be able to move on with my life pretty soon. I'm so over this wait!

Nice! Still waiting to see a status change...interviewed 1/14 im assuming we were pretty close to each other timing wise

Has anyone who has been waitlisted been taken off or anything? I called last week and they said they just recently started moving people. But he wasn't sure. The only reason I ask is because I have been waitlisted since the end of oct, and I am getting antsy!

Recently withdrew my acceptance...hopefully it goes to one of you still waiting!

Has anyone who has been waitlisted been taken off or anything? I called last week and they said they just recently started moving people. But he wasn't sure. The only reason I ask is because I have been waitlisted since the end of oct, and I am getting antsy!

Just be patient, you are almost through the process. I haven't really seen any applicants walking around campus lately so they are probably done or winding down interviews. That means movement will start to happen soon. Also, I believe mid-May is when applicants have to decide on one school out of their acceptances. This always leads to a lot of movement on wait lists across the country. Good luck!

I'm applying next year and this thread is stressing me about a year in advance.

I'm waitlisted as well. I sent in an LOI this week and when Dr. DePace responded he said they will "begin to review the hold list later in May". Hopefully that means only another month or less of waiting! Good luck :)

I'm waitlisted as well. I sent in an LOI this week and when Dr. DePace responded he said they will "begin to review the hold list later in May". Hopefully that means only another month or less of waiting! Good luck :)
Did you request a confirmation of receipt of the letter? Now i'm concerned since Dr. DePace didn't respond to my LOI I sent last week.

Did you request a confirmation of receipt of the letter? Now i'm concerned since Dr. DePace didn't respond to my LOI I sent last week.

Well the last line of my letter was "I look forward to hearing from you" so I guess that's sort of requesting confirmation? I also wrote directly to his email address as well as the general admissions email, so maybe I got lucky and just happened to catch him at his computer. I wouldn't worry, I'm sure most people don't get any sort of response!

still haven't even moved to committee yet :/ I'm hoping they haven't forgotten about me or misplaced my application or something (I realize this is unlikely). Interviewed Jan 16 or 17. Anyone from around that time still not even make it to committee yet? I'm debating whether I should call. Has anyone else tried to call for a similar reason? What sort of response did you get? I don't want to bother them, but I'm sitting at 14 weeks, and it could still take a few weeks once I move to committee.

Thanks!

Are you talking about the pre-interview hold/wait list or the post-interview hold/wait list?

still haven't even moved to committee yet :/ I'm hoping they haven't forgotten about me or misplaced my application or something (I realize this is unlikely). Interviewed Jan 16 or 17. Anyone from around that time still not even make it to committee yet? I'm debating whether I should call. Has anyone else tried to call for a similar reason? What sort of response did you get? I don't want to bother them, but I'm sitting at 14 weeks, and it could still take a few weeks once I move to committee.

Thanks!

Interviewed around the same time as you, also still haven't been moved to committee.

I called two weeks ago and the guy assured me it would be about another week until I heard back.

Well the last line of my letter was "I look forward to hearing from you" so I guess that's sort of requesting confirmation? I also wrote directly to his email address as well as the general admissions email, so maybe I got lucky and just happened to catch him at his computer. I wouldn't worry, I'm sure most people don't get any sort of response!

I found 2 different emails on the website.... ddepace@ and dennis.depace@
which one did you send it to? I hope I chose the correct one :(
I'm afraid to send another incase he already got it

Interviewed 1/24 and reached a final decision today! Hopefully I get good news, good luck everyone!

Yeah, I didn't receive any response either. I just sent it to the general admissions email though. Regardless, I hope we all hear good things soon! Good luck! T'would be lovely if we all got in. Hahaha

I used the dennis.depace@ email, but I think both should work. When I emailed my faculty interviewer, I sent it to the full name version of the email, and her response came from the abbreviated email. I wouldn't worry, I'm sure he got it!

I've been away with the end of the school year and all that, but a couple questions stuck out. And, congrats to all the new acceptees!

Does anyone know if Drexel's waiting list is ranked? Or if there is anything I can do to better my chances of being accepted from the waiting list? I plan on sending an LOI this week, but should I try to send another LOR or something? Thanks!

From what I remember, the waitlist IS ranked, but they will not tell you where you are on it. LOIs are suitable at this point, or other updates/support.

The waitlist generally doesn't start moving until after May 15th when final decisions are due for those holding multiple acceptances. It's possible that they may have pulled a couple people off the list already (e.g. they thought they were on the fence about someone but turns out on second thought they really did like them.)

I'm applying next year and this thread is stressing me about a year in advance.

Get away from SDN. Go have fun. Really. You'll be in much better shape for the application year if you just do your thing now, I promise. Maybe take a little time to get your personal statement and the rest of your app reviewed in the coming weeks. In a couple years, you will look back and think it's not worth all the stress you indulged in over it.

I know you can send directly to the faculty, but you can also send updates to any of the three Drexel admissions e-mails. I might actually recommend that. Your bannerweb application page should be updated when they add the LOI to your file, but no guarantees on that.

Does anyone know if there is another accepted students-esque day?

Withdrew my acceptance today. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting!

Anyone have any idea how many people get waitlisted and how many have been taken off in previous years??

Status
Not open for further replies.