2012-2013 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if they are still giving out decisions? I'm getting very impatient waiting for this wait list to start moving!

Members don't see this ad.

I called an apparently the waitlist started moving last week

Members don't see this ad :)
I called an apparently the waitlist started moving last week

That's a shame, if true, since some of us are still waiting on straight regular decisions.

Based on the threads from the last couple of years, admissions starts to rank the waiting list after the May 15th deadline and the waiting list doesn't actually start moving until the beginning of June at the earliest. I would guess that the waiting list this year won't start moving for another two weeks or so. Good luck to everyone still waiting! :)

I have been on the wait list since March. Today the Application Decision page went from "Thank you for deciding to stay on the wait list" to "A final decision has been reached and a letter will be mailed to your preferred address."

Does that mean I was accepted?

I would be so happy.

I would guess yes. It would be cruel to dump you from the waitlist.

So you would guess that everyone on the wait list gets accepted..?

Everyone that gets a letter on the waitlist would be my guess. The rest of the people on the waitlist would just sit their silently until school starts and get silently rejected.

Edit: FYI in past threads acceptances have come in the form of a phone call, but maybe they're mixing it up this year!

Ya, that was my thoughts. Since it is still early, I can't imagine it being a rejection. I'll keep ya'll informed. Maybe this means movement has started on the waitlist.

I have been on the wait list since March. Today the Application Decision page went from "Thank you for deciding to stay on the wait list" to "A final decision has been reached and a letter will be mailed to your preferred address."

Does that mean I was accepted?

I would be so happy.
Hmm, after three years on this thread, this is the first time I've seen this message. Interesting. Wait list acceptances have traditionally been phone calls, but that may be later in the summer. You'll have to let us know the results! Good luck!

Hmm, after three years on this thread, this is the first time I've seen this message. Interesting. Wait list acceptances have traditionally been phone calls, but that may be later in the summer. You'll have to let us know the results! Good luck!

Well, I'm hoping it's not just some IT error that messes with the statuses. Perhaps since this is Dr. Schidlow's first year as Dean he feels better sending letters. Which I'm fine with. Whatever the case is I'll keep this thread updated.

Well, I'm hoping it's not just some IT error that messes with the statuses. Perhaps since this is Dr. Schidlow's first year as Dean he feels better sending letters. Which I'm fine with. Whatever the case is I'll keep this thread updated.

I am willing to bet that you don't care if it is by pony express, just so long as it is an acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am willing to bet that you don't care if it is by pony express, just so long as it is an acceptance.

Just received a "decision" status after having interviewed 2/26. Waitlist, woot.

Just received a "decision" status after having interviewed 2/26. Waitlist, woot.

... which quickly changed to "Thank you for your interest in Drexel University College of Medicine. Our 2013 interview season has now concluded. All applicants who have not been interviewed are released from consideration for the 2013 application cycle. Again, we appreciate your interest in Drexel." Anyone else?

Did it say "decision" or "final decision" ?

Is everyone who in on WL has "Thank you for deciding to stay on the wait list" on the Application Decision page?
I've been on WL since December, but my page still says "decision has been reached" ??

Is everyone who in on WL has "Thank you for deciding to stay on the wait list" on the Application Decision page?
I've been on WL since December, but my page still says "decision has been reached" ??

I've been on the WL since October, and it says "Thank you for confirming your intention to remain on the Drexel Admissions waiting list". I wonder why they didn't change yours.

... which quickly changed to "Thank you for your interest in Drexel University College of Medicine. Our 2013 interview season has now concluded. All applicants who have not been interviewed are released from consideration for the 2013 application cycle. Again, we appreciate your interest in Drexel." Anyone else?

I was waitlisted as well and I have the same message

I was waitlisted as well and I have the same message

As soon as I received my wait list letter, I sent a reply stating that I will accept staying on the wait list. (The letter asked me to send in a response ASAP) When you got your wait list letter, did you send a reply?

Yes and I got the "thank you for accepting your place on the waitlist" message.

Dropping my acceptance this weekend. Keep up hope everyone still on the waitlist and best wishes to all those who have been accepted!

I chose to withdraw my acceptance to Drexel recently--for others who did the same, did you get any confirmation of the withdrawal? Thanks for the help, and best of luck to everyone!

I chose to withdraw my acceptance to Drexel recently--for others who did the same, did you get any confirmation of the withdrawal? Thanks for the help, and best of luck to everyone!

Withdrew way back in January and never got a confirmation. It should say withdrawn on the application portal, though.

i was also on the waitlist and had the waitlist status but my status just changed to "a final decision has been reached". Any clue on whats going on here???

Can i get rejected off the waitlist?

i was also on the waitlist and had the waitlist status but my status just changed to "a final decision has been reached". Any clue on whats going on here???

Can i get rejected off the waitlist?

Hey man, sorry.

Just kidding. I had the same change on friday, and today (thursday) I just got the packet saying I was accepted!
So, I'm pretty sure you were accepted as well. Gonna send in my deposit right now. Good job!

Hey man, sorry.

Just kidding. I had the same change on friday, and today (thursday) I just got the packet saying I was accepted!
So, I'm pretty sure you were accepted as well. Gonna send in my deposit right now. Good job!

trying to not get excited until i have the letter in my hands..

I totally know how you feel. The wait is really unbearable. Just breath and relax.

Hey current First years congrats on getting into Drexel, you will love it! I am almost done first year and want to get rid of my textbooks...I figured I would post here first. I have text books for pretty much every class and am willing to sell them cheap!

Anatomy: Clinically Orientated Anatomy, SadlersEmbryo, Netters Flash Cards
Genetics: Genetics in Medicine
Histology: Ross Histology
Physiology: Rhoades and Bell Medical Physiology (older version but still good)
Neuro: Neuro atlas + Nolte Textbook

I also have some good review books as well. PM me if interested and get excited for orientation week!

I was waitlisted on May 15, and received a status update of "Final Decision" a letter will be sent to your address, on Thursday. Acceptance?!?!? I hope so:laugh:

Could it be anything other than an acceptance?? I'm in same boat mine changed Thursday too. According to the previous post it looks like an acceptance

Very cool. Yeah, if you had a status change the same day I'm like 99.9% sure it's an acceptance. Getting that update was an end to a great day that started with graduation from MPH program at Jefferson:)

you guys all still waiting for the letter in the mail?

i'm in philly and its still not here...

I have a question for current Drexel students. I'm accepted at TCMC and just got an acceptance off the waitlist from Drexel. Overall, I like Drexel better but I've heard that the test schedule is very intense in the IFM program with multiple tests in one week vs. TCMC's block style with one test at a time. For this reason I'm also considering the PIL track at Drexel. Any feedback from students in IFM and/or PIL would be much appreciated.

yes, IFM1 is pretty intense especially come october and on. There were times that I was sick of all the crazy amount of tests. However, I think the integrated curriculum is very beneficial and a unique way to learn and also it is only one year since IFM2 is block scheduling. Also, having had all those tests has honestly made me "immune" to taking exams in the sense that I rarely get that anxious anymore about testing. Additionally, having to juggle all those classes and exams at once really teaches you how to study. In my opinion, TCMC is great but I would choose Drexel. Curriculum, faculty, student body and reputation are great and I am so glad that I came here. But you should choose whatever "fits" better for you.

I have a question for current Drexel students. I'm accepted at TCMC and just got an acceptance off the waitlist from Drexel. Overall, I like Drexel better but I've heard that the test schedule is very intense in the IFM program with multiple tests in one week vs. TCMC's block style with one test at a time. For this reason I'm also considering the PIL track at Drexel. Any feedback from students in IFM and/or PIL would be much appreciated.

In addition to what Crop said, I think multiple tests in one week is much better than one massive test where you have to know everything. I can't say the exact details yet, but I can say that this next year's IFM-1 testing schedule is going to much better than what we had to go through this past year.

In the end, don't choose a school based on testing schedule. Choose a school where you think you will be most likely to succeed and one that fits your personality the best.

I just very painstakingly withdrew my acceptance to this program..
I'm an OOS male, hopefully one of you will be receiving good news very soon!

good luck to those waiting!

Hi everyone :D

I'm wondering if there are any current students staying at Charlwin Apartments and if can give me a little inside view of it.

I was wondering if anyone can help me out.

If we were to send a letter of interest/intent who should I address it to? And how should I send it?

I sent a letter by snail mail in January to Dr. DePace (the senior associate dean of admissions) and didn't get any response or confirmation on the web. Did I send it to the correct person? I was thinking of sending a different letter but by email this time. Anyone know who to address it to and where I would be able to get their email?

I was wondering if anyone can help me out.

If we were to send a letter of interest/intent who should I address it to? And how should I send it?

I sent a letter by snail mail in January to Dr. DePace (the senior associate dean of admissions) and didn't get any response or confirmation on the web. Did I send it to the correct person? I was thinking of sending a different letter but by email this time. Anyone know who to address it to and where I would be able to get their email?

I emailed my LOI to Dr. DePace and the general admissions email:

[email protected]
[email protected]

About a day after sending the email, the date I sent my LOI showed up on my application summary page. Hope this helps!

Great! thanks! did you start the email with Dear Dr. DePace or did you address it to the admissions committee in general?

Hi everyone :D

I'm wondering if there are any current students staying at Charlwin Apartments and if can give me a little inside view of it.

You'll probably have better luck getting response on the FB page. A lot of current 1st year students seem to check the page. Gl with your apartment search! I also just started looking.

Great! thanks! did you start the email with Dear Dr. DePace or did you address it to the admissions committee in general?

Yes, I addressed it specifically to Dr. DePace. Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.