2012-2013 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I ever gonna get rejected? Only school yet to do so!

Members don't see this ad.

Our waitlist moves a good bit most years because the class is so large, so don't lose hope yet. Updates, LOIs are good ideas at this point.

I'm desperately waiting to hear some good news! Hopefully us waitlisters will get acceptances soon!!'

Members don't see this ad :)
Our waitlist moves a good bit most years because the class is so large, so don't lose hope yet. Updates, LOIs are good ideas at this point.

any idea of previous year numbers? im tryin to figure out my chances!

going on 11 weeks. checking my status daily...going INSANE here lol

going on 11 weeks. checking my status daily...going INSANE here lol

Just try and relax as much as you can. Once your status changes, you have to wait another week until the letter arrives in the mail. If you keep driving yourself crazy waiting for the status change, you will go nuts waiting for the letter.

has anyone gotten a confirmation after sending in an LOI? Is there a way of checking if they received it online? thanks!

has anyone gotten a confirmation after sending in an LOI? Is there a way of checking if they received it online? thanks!
I haven't but someone above did get a confirmation.

What is the longest it should take to receive an envelope in the mail after getting the final decision status? I live right by drexel and tomorrow will be day 10.

What is the longest it should take to receive an envelope in the mail after getting the final decision status? I live right by drexel and tomorrow will be day 10.

Weird it took me 8 days, and I'm in California!

I called today and they said they sent out letters on wed and yesterday so we should be hearing soon. I just cannot wait..:very nervous but I want to know so so bad. Hopefully I should get it by this weekend or Monday next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the "decision has been reached" notification. So I'm guessing I've been waitlisted. I'm really hoping there is a lot of movement on the waitlist. Anybody know when we will start seeing waitlist movement?

Finally received my letter yesterday, bad news... Good luck to everyone else!

I haven't but someone above did get a confirmation.

If you log in to the banner site, as if you were going to check your decision, it should be listed down at the bottom of the "Application Summary" page titled supporting materials, along with the date it was received and the dates they received your LOR, application fee, etc. Hope this helps!

interviewed 1/17, still "with a member of the admissions committee" haven't even moved to committee yet! I do have other options, and I don't want to break the may 15th rule if by some random chance I do get accepted before may 15th, and it's listed on the amcas list. so let's say i do get accepted before may 15th, and have not received the letter by then, and am holding an acceptance at one other school, would i lose all of my acceptances?

Thanks!

rejection received in mail today... good luck to those still waiting!

I withdrew my acceptance about 3 weeks ago.

For those who have done the same: have you received written confirmation of your doing so? This is the only school I haven't received confirmation and I'm a little concerned with May 15th approaching.

Check your status online. It should say "Application Withdrawn" or something like that.

If you log in to the banner site, as if you were going to check your decision, it should be listed down at the bottom of the "Application Summary" page titled supporting materials, along with the date it was received and the dates they received your LOR, application fee, etc. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info!! i checked but its not there

Does anyone know if Drexel is required to let us know a decision before May 15th?

Does anyone know if Drexel is required to let us know a decision before May 15th?

No they are not required too give a decision by May 15th.

If you have an acceptance elsewhere, but would prefer to attend Drexel just keep that acceptance. Once Drexel makes a decision you will have a time frame to accept or reject Drexel's acceptance, so long as you don't actually start at another medical school.

My status just changed to "Final Decision"

Obviously hoping that means accept. They appeared to really like me...Interview was like 90 minutes long. Lol.

I just got an email saying that I got accepted. This is surreal! I thought I would be rejected for sure so keep up hope you all!!!

Congrats you two! It's funny how they're sending it via email since snail mail would take too long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My next question is this: Do I have to call them to secure my spot? Or do I have to wait for this letter to show up? The email says we're accepted, but doesn't give any other information.

I just received the glorious email since decision day is coming up!

I got accepted and I am ECSTATIC to be going to Drexel University this coming August!!

27R/3.76GPA

:D

PS: is there a facebook group?

Honestly can't wait to meet everyone entering as a member of the class of 2017.

One of the things I loved most about the interview was seeing how the student body interacted. Seemed like everyone knew each other.

Red Shadow,

Me neither. I'm soo excited I started my little pile of boxes at work for moving. . .
Their students did seem to be really connected which is awesome. I'm moving all the way from AZ and they haven't had anyone from my state in a while! LOL

Red Shadow,

Me neither. I'm soo excited I started my little pile of boxes at work for moving. . .
Their students did seem to be really connected which is awesome. I'm moving all the way from AZ and they haven't had anyone from my state in a while! LOL

California here.

I went to school in New York though, so in a way, It's almost like I'm returning to where I'm used to living on my own. Excited!

since theyre sending out email acceptances this year (havent seen that in previous years), should we expect the waitlist to move a little quicker?

Just withdrew my acceptance, which is a bummer because I really wanted to live in Philadelphia. Good luck to those waiting! I really liked this place and am actually pretty sad I won't be going here.

If I want someone to call on my behalf to maybe increase my chances of being accepted off of the waiting list, does anyone know which phone number I should use? Thanks in advance!! :) And best of luck to everyone still waiting!

I have a question for a current student. I will be a first year at Drexel this coming school year. My fiance and I were considering getting married sometime between late September and early November of what would be our third year, given the schedules of our family members that seems to work best. I was wondering if it is a possibility to be given a Saturday off during the third year clerkships or are we crazy for trying to do this?

Any insight would be appreciated, thank you!

I have a question for a current student. I will be a first year at Drexel this coming school year. My fiance and I were considering getting married sometime between late September and early November of what would be our third year, given the schedules of our family members that seems to work best. I was wondering if it is a possibility to be given a Saturday off during the third year clerkships or are we crazy for trying to do this?

Any insight would be appreciated, thank you!

I'm still 1.5 months away from 3rd year, but I'll take a shot at this question. Honestly, I think it would be extremely difficult to try to have a wedding at that point. You could very well be on call for the particular Saturday you're aiming for, and I get the impression that -- short of a doctor's note or a death in the family -- there's no time off no matter what. And yeah, some places might have the students schedule the weekend call, or you might have a cool resident/attending who would be happy to let you block out a weekend, but there's no way to know until you've actually started the rotation, and by then it's too late.

While in theory you might have your weekends off in some of your rotations (FM or psych? definitely!), you won't even know what rotation you'll be in until late spring of your 2nd year (we just finished with all the scheduling lotteries and stuff).

Another thought would be to do it between two rotations, because you take the shelf on a Friday and don't start your next rotation until Monday. But, the academic calendar won't be up for that school year until the year before, so you won't know for sure when the blocks will start/end. If a year or so of lead time is enough, you could definitely try to do it between two blocks, but only if you had *tons* of family help to plan and arrange things -- not only will you both be really busy with your rotation itself, but studying for that shelf might take up a lot of time too. I got married the day after our last exam of 1st year, so the planning was tricky, but we still had a lot more spare time than if either (let alone, both) of us had been in clinical rotations.

Interviewed in late February and still waiting on a decision. Anyone else in the same boat?

Interviewed in late February and still waiting on a decision. Anyone else in the same boat?

I interviewed in February as well and have not heard a thing. Things move painfully slow with this school =/

If I want someone to call on my behalf to maybe increase my chances of being accepted off of the waiting list, does anyone know which phone number I should use? Thanks in advance!! :) And best of luck to everyone still waiting!

I would not do this. I don't know how Drexel sees it, but I remember when I was applying to the University of Washington they specifically had a message on their website saying not to do this. Something about questioning the maturity of the applicant by getting someone else to do the work for them...etc, etc, etc.

At this point, all you can do is write a letter of intent yourself and hope that is enough. Good Luck!

I would not do this. I don't know how Drexel sees it, but I remember when I was applying to the University of Washington they specifically had a message on their website saying not to do this. Something about questioning the maturity of the applicant by getting someone else to do the work for them...etc, etc, etc.

At this point, all you can do is write a letter of intent yourself and hope that is enough. Good Luck!
Oh of course, I sent my LOI in weeks ago. Thank you for the advice!

They are posting a lot of stuff for first years right now, so they should move on to you guys/girls once they are done with that.

Good luck everyone.

Great blog--thank you for sharing, it sounds like Drexel has a really innovative curriculum!

Great blog--thank you for sharing, it sounds like Drexel has a really innovative curriculum!

The biggest thing about Drexel's curriculum is that they are constantly finding ways to improve it based on what we say is and is not working. Also, thank you for the compliment on my blog (though the time I have to write it comes in waves).

Does Drexel normally have a lot of waitlist movement?

Since Drexel has a large class (that gets split up between IFM & PIL), there is a lot of accepted students and thus a lot of movement when people with multiple acceptances decide where to go.

If you are on the waitlist, do not give up hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.