2012-2013 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
did those people that got a notification change last week get their letters this week?!?!
it doesnt take that long to get a letter!!!!
:scared::eek:

Members don't see this ad.

did those people that got a notification change last week get their letters this week?!?!
it doesnt take that long to get a letter!!!!
:scared::eek:

i would be very patient..I received a status update 8 days ago and still didnt get the letter..

My status was updated on Thursday, May 30, and I received my acceptance letter on Tuesday, June 4. But I live less than a block away from the medical school, so I'd be patient, you'll get a letter:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!
3.3 GPA / 30 MCAT

Why does this school have to be so expensive =(

It's all loans anyhow haha :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, i got off waitlist last week along with a couple others. hang in there

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Did you send any LOI? I really want to get off the wait list!

I just sent in my LOI, hoping for the best. Even though I sent mine in, it didn't appear in the list of materials I had sent to Drexel (on the My Application page). I called the Admissions Office about this and they said that they had received my letter and they didn't know why it wasn't showing on my page. Anybody else have this problem?

Also how often does Drexel make admissions decisions? Once a week? Once every ten days or so? Congratulations to everybody that has gotten in so far!

I just sent in my LOI, hoping for the best. Even though I sent mine in, it didn't appear in the list of materials I had sent to Drexel (on the My Application page). I called the Admissions Office about this and they said that they had received my letter and they didn't know why it wasn't showing on my page. Anybody else have this problem?

Yep. Mine doesn't show either.

Okay thats good to know. I guess its pretty common then. I'm getting pretty nervous right now lol. Do you guys know how often admissions decisions are made?

Okay thats good to know. I guess its pretty common then. I'm getting pretty nervous right now lol. Do you guys know how often admissions decisions are made?

At my interview they said they typically meet once a week (Thursday) to review applications, twice a week when it get's really busy... At this point in the application cycle I would assume they are meeting less regularly since they only need to make decisions when spots open up. Anyone have any further insight?

Well if there is a lot of waitlist movement (which there usually is), I would assume that they are still meeting somewhat regularly.

Hey everyone, I just checked online and I got a final status reached for decision. Just to double check, does this mean I'm off the waitlist?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just got accepted!! Now I need to decide between Drexel and Temple. :confused::confused:

Did you get accepted off the waitlist from temple?

Just got accepted!! Now I need to decide between Drexel and Temple. :confused::confused:

Are you PA resident or OOS?

Temple tuition: 43,654-PA 53,468-Non-PA
Drexel tuition: 47,980- PA and Non-PA

Also housing is more expensive around Drexel as opposed to Temple.
Temple is a better school with a better reputation than Drexel. Also Temple Hospital>> Hahnemann.

If I were you, unless the price difference would be a lot cheaper to go to Drexel (I don't see how), I'd choose Temple hands down.

Temple is a better school with a better reputation than Drexel. Also Temple Hospital>> Hahnemann.

If I were you, unless the price difference would be a lot cheaper to go to Drexel (I don't see how), I'd choose Temple hands down.

Idk I was in his boat and I chose Drexel. I didn't feel like I'd have a very good time at Temple, and I'm OOS so Temple cost a little bit more.

I'm in state.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nothing like unbiased advice, eh? Lol

Nothing like unbiased advice, eh? Lol

I'm not biased. I'm giving my opinion. I'm going to neither of the two schools.
But if I had the choice (I'm a PA res) I'd choose Temple. And those are my reasons.

At the end of the day, just go to whatever school makes you happiest. Between the two schools, which one were you happier with? Where did you see yourself honestly fitting in? Honestly, I'm not really sure how huge of a difference it will make if you were to pick one school over the other. As long as it is an American medical school that has been around for a while, I'd imagine that you are good to go. All US medical schools are LCME accredited. You learn the same stuff no matter where you go. It's just a matter of which library you would rather study in! Just be sure to kill your Step 1! That's what will make or break your application for residency! Good luck!

I have a friend who graduated from Temple. The education they get there is just as good as Drexel. My only issue with it is that they don't really tell you things that could increase your likelihood to match. Like telling students they can do research. What you learn in from Temple seems to be bare bones. She had to repeatedly ask the administration for answers to basic things like that.

At Drexel, they give optional 20-30 min lectures about various things. One of them was what to do during your M1 summer. Just laid out every option available.

Is that worth the price difference of in state Temple vs Drexel? Of course not. I'd still choose the cheaper option.

are we supposed to send official transcripts in? I can't find a request for this anywhere but I feel like every school wants these...

are we supposed to send official transcripts in? I can't find a request for this anywhere but I feel like every school wants these...

Yes.

http://webcampus.drexelmed.edu/osa/orientation/2017/ -> LMS -> Orientation 2013 -> top right corner, 'Required Forms and RSVPs' -> 'Submit official transcripts from all undergraduate, graduate, or professional schools you have attended to the Registrar’s Office.' -> http://webcampus.drexelmed.edu/osa/orientation/2017/registrar2013.pdf

I guess it is time to give up on the waitlist and reapply, its getting to be not early...

I just couldn't bring myself to drop all that $$$ again any earlier with a WL hanging over my head. :(

Me too, I'm going to wait till I'm verified though. No point in spending all that cash now if the schools won't get my app for a while anyways.

Me too, I'm going to wait till I'm verified though. No point in spending all that cash now if the schools won't get my app for a while anyways.

That's a good idea! I guess you only need to choose one school to submit. I think GW and NJMS send out secondaries ASAP regardless of verification.

Just tried logging into the "MyApplication" portal. Looks like its only for the 2013-2014 application cycle. So I guess its pretty much over by now lol

For those of you that applied. I just noticed on the website that they require me and 3 recommenders to fill out their own freaking form: The applicant completes the top part of each recommendation and delivers it to the recommenders. The recommender is requested to complete the lower part of the form, seal the completed form in an envelope, and sign the sealed envelope across the flap.

Is this a requirement? I have letters but I don't have time to go forcing people to fill out stupid forms. I'm considering not applying because of this.

Also, I have a letter from an academic advisor (who happens to be a biology professor). Would this count as a non-science letter? I also have a committee letter so I'm hoping one of those works (There's a couple other schools I applied to with a non-science requirement as well).

Wow, congrats! Really, really hoping that I get a call too. But it is so late in the season.

For those of you that applied. I just noticed on the website that they require me and 3 recommenders to fill out their own freaking form: The applicant completes the top part of each recommendation and delivers it to the recommenders. The recommender is requested to complete the lower part of the form, seal the completed form in an envelope, and sign the sealed envelope across the flap.

Is this a requirement? I have letters but I don't have time to go forcing people to fill out stupid forms. I'm considering not applying because of this.

Also, I have a letter from an academic advisor (who happens to be a biology professor). Would this count as a non-science letter? I also have a committee letter so I'm hoping one of those works (There's a couple other schools I applied to with a non-science requirement as well).

Simplest way would be to call admissions, explain your situation, and ask.

Is everyone unable to log in to their status page? My banner ID and pin aren't being recognized by the page anymore

Anybody got any good news...its been a ghost town on this forum since 7/19. lolol

Status
Not open for further replies.