2010-2011 University of Louisville Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know. Never mind then.

Members don't see this ad.

I am finally breaking down and buying a touch screen 4G IPOD. I wanted to ask if the medical school applications can be downloaded on to the IPOD for free or do you have to pay a fee? While I was shadowing a physician years ago I recall the students using an apple device, I am saying device because I do not know if it was an IPHONE or an IPOD. I do not want an IPHONE because I will have to switch my cell phone carrier.

Thank You

I am finally breaking down and buying a touch screen 4G IPOD. I wanted to ask if the medical school applications can be downloaded on to the IPOD for free or do you have to pay a fee? While I was shadowing a physician years ago I recall the students using an apple device, I am saying device because I do not know if it was an IPHONE or an IPOD. I do not want an IPHONE because I will have to switch my cell phone carrier.

Thank You

Epocrates is free, but a lot of medical apps cost money. They can be expensive. Guess developers think we are all rich doctors.

Members don't see this ad :)
Epocrates is free, but a lot of medical apps cost money. They can be expensive. Guess developers think we are all rich doctors.

Thank you for your help. Are the non free medical apps mandatory for us to have?

Not sure which version of Epocrates we will need, but the Essentials edition is $200.

Thanks again everyone. I just wanted to make sure that I can use the IPOD for more than just music, and it will help me for my classes some how. It really is an expensive toy.

Thanks again everyone. I just wanted to make sure that I can use the IPOD for more than just music, and it will help me for my classes some how. It really is an expensive toy.

It's unlikely to be necessary during your first two years. I use my phone to read the plethora of emails that we get each day as some of them are time sensitive. You won't need epocrates until 3rd year, I suspect.

Here's hoping for good news tomorrow.

Whoa, I totally forgot they were meeting tomorrow... Just Add some stress to work and histo exams. Haha. I'll be glad to find out where I stand though. I interviewed back in September...good luck everyone who is still waiting out there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the still-no-decision e-mail:

"The University of Louisville School of Medicine Admissions Committee met yesterday. Wait list selections have begun. During our final meeting in March we will finalize our wait list selections. Your application is still under consideration and you can expect a decision following the March 22 committee meeting."

Anyone get an actual decision today? Does this mean it's now only waitlist or rejection?

Just got the still-no-decision e-mail:

"The University of Louisville School of Medicine Admissions Committee met yesterday. Wait list selections have begun. During our final meeting in March we will finalize our wait list selections. Your application is still under consideration and you can expect a decision following the March 22 committee meeting."

Anyone get an actual decision today? Does this mean it's now only waitlist or rejection?

BuckeyeGirl22... i think it's been like that for a while now (at my interview in early feb, they said the class was already full and we should be hopeful for the wait-list since it moves quite considerably).... so yep, after that interview... I thought I can only expect to be wait-listed or rejected... hopefully the former.

BuckeyeGirl22... i think it's been like that for a while now (at my interview in early feb, they said the class was already full and we should be hopeful for the wait-list since it moves quite considerably).... so yep, after that interview... I thought I can only expect to be wait-listed or rejected... hopefully the former.

Yeah, the last time I got the no-decision e-mail, they said they still had a few (very few) spots open for acceptance. I was just wondering if anyone filled those this time around. :-\ :luck:

I got the email about hearing after the 22nd as well. At least they sent an email the day after the meeting so that I didn't wonder for the rest of the week. More waiting is fine if the final decision is worth waiting for.

Did anyone hear anything different today? If you did, could you share?

The waitlist is ranked, right? Someone at my interview (BACK IN OCTOBER BUT REALLY WHO'S COUNTING) said he was 11 spots away from getting into the class last year. That makes me feel like they rank it and even tell you your rank.

The waitlist is ranked, right? Someone at my interview (BACK IN OCTOBER BUT REALLY WHO'S COUNTING) said he was 11 spots away from getting into the class last year. That makes me feel like they rank it and even tell you your rank.

I am pretty sure that you just know which third you are in.

I was reading last year's thread to find out information about scholarships, and there was info about 2 seperate waitlists. One was IS, and the other was OOS. I am not sure if this info was accurate or if it holds true for this year, but maybe that can be helpful to people waiting

There is an instate and out of state waitlist.
Kentucky residency is amazing.
Any questions ask away - I am a premed but engaged to a 4th year there.

I got an email yesterday for a spot on the waitlist. They said that the final rankings (top, middle, or bottom third) won't be ready until early May. Yeah, I've heard about the two waitlists, one for IS and the other for OOS. It makes sense, they have so many spots slotted for IS/OOS. Well, here's fingers crossed. :xf:

I got an email yesterday for a spot on the waitlist. They said that the final rankings (top, middle, or bottom third) won't be ready until early May. Yeah, I've heard about the two waitlists, one for IS and the other for OOS. It makes sense, they have so many spots slotted for IS/OOS. Well, here's fingers crossed. :xf:

Maybe this means you are at the top of the list since you were notified early. I wish you luck:luck::luck:

I am out-of-state and received the wait list email yesterday. Anyone from this or previous cycles know anything about how the out-of-state list moves in comparison to the in-state list (if there are actually 2 separate lists)? Fingers are staying crossed!! Hope to see you all in the fall :)

:)according to last years thread the IS moved faster than the OOS. I THINK because the IS has more seats. 120IS 40OOS. I THINK

:)according to last years thread the IS moved faster than the OOS. I THINK because the IS has more seats. 120IS 40OOS. I THINK

I bet it has something to do with all of the ISers holding spots at UK too.

Did your email say that you were actually on the waitlist? Also, are you OOS?

Did your email say that you were actually on the waitlist? Also, are you OOS?

I'm IS. Here's what was in the email:

"The Student Admissions Committee has reviewed your application for admission and you have been selected for the alternate list for the entering class of 2011. You must notify us of your acceptance or refusal of alternate list status through return email by Friday, March 18. If you decline the alternate list, then please send us an email withdrawing from consideration at the University of Louisville.

Once all responses to our offer are received, the alternate list will be ranked and positions filled as they become available. Your exact rank may not be given out, but we will give you an approximate standing (top, middle, or bottom third). The ranking should be compiled by May 6, should you choose to check online for your standing.

It is impossible to predict the number of position that will become available. We will admit from the alternate list through the first week in August."

I always thought that waitlisting was done the very last meeting, so I was a little surprised the other week when I got this.

The meeting is today, not that I need to remind you, especially those of us on hold. Good luck to everyone.

I went to the Financial Aide Office today. Does anybody else get depressed when you see how much you need to get in loans? I am really glad theat the person helping me was nice and patient because I thought I was going to pass out.

Oh and good luck to those waiting for word from the meeting today:luck::luck:

Thanks yellow finch. I wrote a letter yesterday. Maybe it will help. I'm super stressed though.

I'm in the same boat. It's tough learning to be patient!

Ultimately, I'm planning for the worst (working while reapplying with better MCAT), but hoping for the best (acceptance off waitlist...woo!!). Hopefully we will know some info within 24 hours.

Stay strong, all my on-hold brethren! May our good fortune continue. :luck:

I'm in the same boat. It's tough learning to be patient!

Ultimately, I'm planning for the worst (working while reapplying with better MCAT), but hoping for the best (acceptance off waitlist...woo!!). Hopefully we will know some info within 24 hours.

Stay strong, all my on-hold brethren! May our good fortune continue. :luck:

I hope we hear sooner than the end of the month. I don't know if I can handle them dragging this out 8 more days. I'm freaking out checking my email constantly. 24 hours seems a little fast, but who knows?...I'm sure stranger things have happened. Here's to wishful thinking! Haha.:scared:...nervous laugh.

"All decisions coming out of this meeting will be communicated by traditional postal mail."

AAAHHHHHHH!

"All decisions coming out of this meeting will be communicated by traditional postal mail."

AAAHHHHHHH!

I know how you feel... I was about to explode when I saw that, lol. I know, I know... it really aint funny.

AAAHHHHHHH!

Hah! Same reaction. :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown: Let the suffering continue!

Did anyone get any other email? I have a bad feeling about this. It seems people who were accepted to the waitlist were contacted by email earlier in the month (Such as MandolinMD).

7 days!!! (a la The Ring)

Status
Not open for further replies.