2020-2021 Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven’t heard anything either. Also, piggy backing off the scholarship topic, does anyone know if those in the Trover track get any special scholarships?
I’m not sure but there was one specific scholarship I was interested in and when I called they were very happy to answer my questions. If there was anything they couldn’t answer in the admissions office they transferred me to the financial aid office and they were vey helpful. I would just call and ask!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m not sure but there was one specific scholarship I was interested in and when I called they were very happy to answer my questions. If there was anything they couldn’t answer in the admissions office they transferred me to the financial aid office and they were vey helpful. I would just call and ask!
Awesome, thank you so much I’ll give them a call

I’m late to this discussion, accepted back in October! Did anyone receive scholarship offers this past weekend?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m late to this discussion, accepted back in October! Did anyone receive scholarship offers this past weekend?
Nothing received yet, but I emailed them this Morning and they said they are hoping to send a majority of the emails by the end of business today and that we should receive the email no later then end of business tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 users
Nothing received yet, but I emailed them this Morning and they said they are hoping to send a majority of the emails by the end of business today and that we should receive the email no later then end of business tomorrow.

Awesome, thank you! I was just about to call thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: 1 users
Also OOS and waitlisted... do you know when we can expect to hear? Not sure if it's rolling as spots become available or maybe if it is after May 1?
I was on the wait list for Louisville last year they don’t start sending anything until may and then can send up until orientation day for the new entering class which is mid July. However, I called about mid June last summer and they basically told me I had no shot of being pulled so reapplied and got accepted in October.

Follow up from earlier, seems like they emailed out all the scholarships already. Text below.

“The University of Louisville School of Medicine Admissions Office has now disbursed scholarship offers for the entering class of 2021. Scholarship recipients were notified by email.

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a scholarship at this time. Of course, in the event that additional monies come available, we will make additional awards.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
OOS and got a 4-yr scholarship that basically covered the difference between IS/OOS tuition if any OOS people haven't checked their emails btw

• Love
I qualified for a full tuition scholarship and didn’t get it. Super bummed :/

• Care
I was on the wait list for Louisville last year they don’t start sending anything until may and then can send up until orientation day for the new entering class which is mid July. However, I called about mid June last summer and they basically told me I had no shot of being pulled so reapplied and got accepted in October.
Congrats on the acceptance!! Can I ask if you are OOS or IS? I heard they have different waitlists for each category and wasn't sure if one typically sees more movement than the other?

Congrats on the acceptance!! Can I ask if you are OOS or IS? I heard they have different waitlists for each category and wasn't sure if one typically sees more movement than the other?
Thank you! I am IS and yes I do believe there are two different lists for IS and OOS. I think the way it works is they basically have a set number for the amount of OOS students they accept and I’m pretty sure it’s like if an OOS student drops their acceptance they pull from the OOS wait list and if an IS student drops they pull from the IS wait list. I’m not 100% sure if that’s how all that works just things that I have heard. As far as comparison in movement I’m not sure I do know last year the wait list movement was pretty low overall at least that’s what I was told when I called about it last summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the Facebook group will be made? I’m looking for potential roommates

+5

Was kinda expecting it because of what another poster said - an email they sent me once I submitted my secondary said that interview season went until mid-February. Even marked it on my Excel spreadsheet a few days ago. Good luck to everyone waiting on post-II decisions or those preparing for those last interview slots!

Has anyone heard anything else about if they will be creating a Facebook group or anything like that for the upcoming class anytime soon?

Has anyone heard anything else about if they will be creating a Facebook group or anything like that for the upcoming class anytime soon?

They mentioned in the pre-orientation on Saturday that it should be upcoming. They also will be releasing a open list that people can add their living arrangements to for those that are seeking to room with someone else.

They mentioned in the pre-orientation on Saturday that it should be upcoming. They also will be releasing a open list that people can add their living arrangements to for those that are seeking to room with someone else.
Okay cool thanks. I kinda zoned out during the pre-orientation haha.

Does anyone know if there is a groupme or something besides facebook for accepted students?

Does anyone know if there is a groupme or something besides facebook for accepted students?

No they still haven’t posted a Facebook group but I made a group me for the class of 2025 if any one wants to joint. Here’s the link
You're invited to my new group 'Louisville School of Medicine Class of 2025' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone applied to the pre matriculation program? I sent an email requesting more info almost a month ago and was told they would send me an application but I never got one.

Has anybody heard more information about when they start pulling from the WL? I'm pretty sure they said early May during the interview (like previous years) but not sure if there's been an update on that. Thanks!

Has anybody heard more information about when they start pulling from the WL? I'm pretty sure they said early May during the interview (like previous years) but not sure if there's been an update on that. Thanks!
Reevaluate everyone on the WL again in April. Acceptance rolling out starting First week of May

Just gave up my seat, wishing the WL applicants the best of luck!

Reactions: 6 users
Anybody know what kind of laptop we receive? I know it's a mac but is it the latest? size?

Is anyone trying to decide between here and UK? Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this or on ULSOM in general!

Is anyone trying to decide between here and UK? Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this or on ULSOM in general!
I do have acceptances at both schools. I have heard better things about the atmosphere at UofL, ya know it being laid back and less cut throat. I also got to interview there last year in person before covid and the school/staff is really nice. However, just due to family/personal reasons it’s looking like UK will be the better choice for me.

I do have acceptances at both schools. I have heard better things about the atmosphere at UofL, ya know it being laid back and less cut throat. I also got to interview there last year in person before covid and the school/staff is really nice. However, just due to family/personal reasons it’s looking like UK will be the better choice for me.
Did UK end up being the cheaper option, tuition wise?

Did UK end up being the cheaper option, tuition wise?
Actually UK looks like it is about $1,000 more than UofL per year for in state so really not a huge difference. Like I said for me it’s mainly location, my brother who I am super close with is a dental student at UK and my life long best friend will be attending UK pharmacy in the fall so that’s kind of my deciding factor because I don’t know a single soul in the Louisville area and I think it will help a lot with mental health and stuff to be near them. Leaving all of that out though I’d probably be considering UofL as my top choice just based off things I’ve heard students say about the programs and the vibes I got when I did my in person interview there last cycle. I had a doctor who didn’t attend either recently tell me she would probably choose UofL because she feels they have better residency choices and a much less malicious environment. However, I don’t think you can go wrong with either school!!