2018-2019 University of Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hopefully there will be more movement off of the waitlist today!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm thinking waitlist offers will have about a week or so to respond. Not actually sure at U of L. So we may hear something Tue or Wed.
That would make sense if they follow the same schedule for reviewing applications that they followed during interview season... If I remember correctly they said they meet on Tuesday's and send out notification on Wednesday. Question, If offered a seat, do we have to "commit to enroll" within that week, or can we still "plan to enroll" up to July 1st, as stated in their policies at my interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know at UK one offer was about 25 days to respond

Last edited:
I found UofL's Choose Your medical school policies on their website and it looks like students will have 5 days to respond in May. so we should start hearing something today and tomorrow considering the first round went out last week. And it looks like we can plan to enroll on and remain on a WL if you so choose up until July 1.

http://louisville.edu/medicine/admissions/files/ul-som-choose-your-school-policies-2018-19
Thank you! I knew I saw that somewhere

Reactions: 1 user
5 business days, so we may be hearing something tomorrow or Thursday
I feel like tomorrow is likely because their committee meets on Tuesdays. I interviewed on a Tuesday, the committee met the following Tuesday, and I heard back from them the next day on Wednesday.

Just received an offer for admission. IS student and have exactly 1 week to accept the offer, for anyone wondering about the timeline.

Just received an offer for admission. IS student and have exactly 1 week to accept the offer, for anyone wondering about the timeline.
Congrats! Did they call or email you? Also, did they clarify whether you have to commit to enroll or can you still use plan to enroll and remain on a WL?

Congrats! Did they call or email you? Also, did they clarify whether you have to commit to enroll or can you still use plan to enroll and remain on a WL?
just e-mail. They did not clarify which one was required, just that I had a week to accept in writing. Good luck to everyone waiting, trust me I understand the emotional toll it takes.

Did you attend UofL by chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anything today?
I haven't heard of anything yet, but it looks like some of their emails go out around 1130 central. Thats when one person heard yesterday and all of my emails from them are at that time.

Reactions: 1 users
nothing :( what is going on!!!!! have any OOS people on the waitlist heard anything?
It’s actually so crazy. They accepted a good amount of people by this time last year and the years before. I hope there’s a big wave coming

It’s actually so crazy. They accepted a good amount of people by this time last year and the years before. I hope there’s a big wave coming
It sucks because at this point I really need to start looking for apartments in Chicago and my husband is interviewing for jobs. Its a good program but I really want an MD program if I can get it.

Legit! Like this time ago last year I had my application mostly ready and right now I don’t even know if I need to ask my professors for a letter of rec.

Accepted!!!!! First MD acceptance I cannot believe it. I have no words! HERE I COME LOUISVILLE!!!!!

I need to decide what I am going to do... any ideas on my chances?

OOS
KY undergrad
on waitlist
MCAT 505
Overal GPA 3.8
Science GPA 3.7
research, volunteering, and tons of shadowing experience

should I start looking for a job or trust I will get in eventually?

I need to decide what I am going to do... any ideas on my chances?

OOS
KY undergrad
on waitlist
MCAT 505
Overal GPA 3.8
Science GPA 3.7
research, volunteering, and tons of shadowing experience

should I start looking for a job or trust I will get in eventually?

I’d say you got a fair shot based on what’s moved in the thread so far. If you don’t hear back in like 7-14 days then maybe be gloomy.

My advice to everyone is always have a plan B and C though, no point in dumping all your eggs in the basket of “maybe by random chance they’ll pick me”

Wouldn't it have been nice if we knew our standings....we wouldn't have to speculate....but we can always make an unofficial list on here :thinking:

Last edited:
Since we’re talking about chances, what do you think about my chances?

IS (waitlist)
GPA: 3.5~ish
MCAT: 502
Liberal studies major with tracks in Biology, Psychology, Chemistry, History and Arabic
Extracurricular: 100+ shadowing hours (from US and Germany), Biology tutor, captain of a folk dance team, scribe and interpreter at a clinic (150+ hours), genetics research assistant, treasurer of a premed organization, and leader of peace building workshops in Bosnia.

From a friend who was pulled in from the waitlist in June of last year:

“they have 3 tiers of waitlist: tier 1>2>3.
Tier 1 is basically an acceptance and nearly 100% of tier one (everyone he knew who was a published tier 1) got in. Tier 2 is more 50-50 and tier 3 was practically 0%.”

My guess is, if you meet their averages for MCAT/GPA you are definitely at least tier 2. If you had a good interview or a good overall resume, you’re likely tier 1. Based on the people from this thread, people with the average or above are the ones getting in right now.

I’d say we are in the same tier because I’m basically in the same boat as you: 3.4 gpa, 508 MCAT (Again, perhaps the average mcat means more, idk).

All I know is be patient and hopeful because in all honesty, there are less qualified people going and more qualified not. It’s a pretty random process so don’t spend too much time refreshing here.

From a friend who was pulled in from the waitlist in June of last year:

“they have 3 tiers of waitlist: tier 1>2>3.
Tier 1 is basically an acceptance and nearly 100% of tier one (everyone he knew who was a published tier 1) got in. Tier 2 is more 50-50 and tier 3 was practically 0%.”

My guess is, if you meet their averages for MCAT/GPA you are definitely at least tier 2. If you had a good interview or a good overall resume, you’re likely tier 1. Based on the people from this thread, people with the average or above are the ones getting in right now.

I’d say we are in the same tier because I’m basically in the same boat as you: 3.4 gpa, 508 MCAT (Again, perhaps the average mcat means more, idk).

All I know is be patient and hopeful because in all honesty, there are less qualified people going and more qualified not. It’s a pretty random process so don’t spend too much time refreshing here.
Well, that’s good to know. From what I know, someone with a 501 got in the first day, but he had a really good GPA, which might be why.

I’m IS (but originally from NY and went to OOS school)

I have a 3.98 GPA, 4.0 science GPA, and 506 MCAT.

I volunteered at a medical clinic for a head and a half and I have 2+ years of experience working as a CNA, medical assistant, and scribe plus tons of shadowing and research. I’m waitlisted here and at UK and the waiting kills me :-( I wish I at least knew my waitlist rank so I could figure out if I had a shot!

Fairly certain I know of someone with a 504 that got in first day...
It’s very confusing for me. It’s difficult for me to tell how students were ranked on the waitlist. I know I shouldn’t be worrying just yet, but I also know that I might need to reapply soon, which is stressful.

I think the admissions committee here meets on Tuesdays and they send out notification on Wednesday's. At least thats how it was during interview season! Maybe we will hear something today!

Does anybody know how far down they've already gone down the IS waitlist?

This is really odd that there has not been a ton of movement yet....
I agree... I blame the rule change. People with multiple acceptances have until July to make a final decision, so I guess accepted students don't feel pressurized to make a final decision. I was reading the "Choose your Medical School Tool" or something for UofL and it said on there that students were "strongly encouraged" to make a decision by May 15th, but when I called on the 16th, they said they there has been no movement despite that encouragement. Let's see if anything has changed.

I agree... I blame the rule change. People with multiple acceptances have until July to make a final decision, so I guess accepted students don't feel pressurized to make a final decision. I was reading the "Choose your Medical School Tool" or something for UofL and it said on there that students were "strongly encouraged" to make a decision by May 15th, but when I called on the 16th, they said they there has been no movement despite that encouragement. Let's see if anything has changed.
Technically they can only hold one acceptance, but can remain on other WLs and Plan to Enroll up until July 1st where they have to CTE. But there is no one enforcing the one acceptance rule so I'm sure there are students who are holding onto more than one.

Technically they can only hold one acceptance, but can remain on other WLs and Plan to Enroll up until July 1st where they have to CTE. But there is no one enforcing the one acceptance rule so I'm sure there are students who are holding onto more than one.
I'm not sure why AAMC thought implementing this change would be a good idea.

At least they specifically stated there hasn't been any movement. Definitely hoping this will change, and hopefully well before July...