2020-2021 Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anybody on the WL sent in a LOI? And if so, did you send it to the admissions email?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Recently withdrew my IS acceptance--hope it goes to one of you fine folks.

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone trying to decide between here and UK? Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this or on ULSOM in general!
They're both great options. At the end of the day, it depends on where you want to go to school. Personally, if I had the option I would pick UKSOM. They're ranked higher as a medical school and they have 4 great campus sites, where you can choose a larger city or smaller community setting (if you're interested in that). UK also has amazing clinical rotation sites throughout Kentucky. ULSOM does as well but I read Louisville nearly lost accreditation just a few years ago for “not having enough seats for the amount of students.” I heard they fixed that issue but for me, I think UK might be the safer option in terms of residency placement. Look at everything before making a decision. Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
One week until we will likely see the first shifts off of the waitlist, godspeed and good luck everyone

Just an FYI the FB group has been created. Just search University of Louisville School of Medicine Class of 2025

Just got OOS A from the WL can not wait to see all of you in the Fall. THis is my first A and I just can't stop crying.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Recently withdrew my A... IS applicant. Best of luck to those on the WL!

Reactions: 1 users
I got an OOS A today at around 4:30 pm CST via email and they followed up with a phone call about an hour later!! Good luck to everyone who is waiting anxiously like I was..I’m praying for you all and rooting for the best!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my OOS acceptance, hopefully it goes to one of you on the WL!

• Love
I got an OOS A today at around 4:30 pm CST via email and they followed up with a phone call about an hour later!! Good luck to everyone who is waiting anxiously like I was..I’m praying for you all and rooting for the best!
HUGE congrats!!!

Would you mind sharing what your stats were?

Has anyone seen any IS waitlist movement yet this cycle?

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else just get an email about a waitlist update thinking it was an A? 🤡

Reactions: 4 users
I got an OOS A from the waitlist yesterday via email around 4:30 E.S.T, then a phone call an hour later! This is my first A of the cycle and I am super excited! Good luck to everybody still on the WL!

• Love
Just withdrew my IS acceptance. Good luck guys!!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone have updates on the waitlist? No one I know has heard anything so feeling very in the dark!

If accepted to both UofL and UKCOM Lexington, which would you choose and why?

Has anyone heard of any OOS movement? Or is the waitlist movement essentially over for OOS?

WL movement for OOS is more likely than IS. People are waiting to hear back from their state schools. I'd imagine June is when you will see a lot more movement.

Got in OOS of off the waitlist on Friday! I hope that answers some questions for the comments from the last few days

Why is that?
Because people rather attend their state school since in state tuition is cheaper. Right now, lots of people are on the WL for their in state school, and if they get off of that WL, they are more likely to withdraw their acceptance from here (or any other out of state school they got accepted to)

Withdrew my acceptance (in-state) today...good luck everyone!

Just got in off the IS waitlist a few hours ago, email and then a phone call a couple minutes later!! Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrawing my OOS A here. Good luck to all those on the WL!

Accepted off IS waitlist. Does anyone know anybody that attends/attended here and can comment about their overall experience?

• Love
Contacted admissions today and was told that waitlist movement has been slower than they expected