2010-2011 University of Louisville Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was accepted off the waitlist today, bottom third, OOS. Was not expecting it but am so excited to join everyone on this forum in August!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity, does anyone know how far into the IS waitlist they are?

Pre-Matric starts exactly 5 weeks from today! I am so excited!!!

Last edited:
Just wondering if when taking out loans, do they cover living expenses, etc also, or is that expected to be taken out of pocket?

Would love any insight!

Just wondering if when taking out loans, do they cover living expenses, etc also, or is that expected to be taken out of pocket?

Would love any insight!

Loans cover everything. You'll get more information about it from the school as the semester nears.

My advice:

Take as little as you think you can. The interest rates have skyrocketed over the past few years, which is resulting in incredible medical student debt. Plus, if you need more loan money, the financial aid office states that they can help you get more at any time.

Loans cover everything. You'll get more information about it from the school as the semester nears.

My advice:

Take as little as you think you can. The interest rates have skyrocketed over the past few years, which is resulting in incredible medical student debt. Plus, if you need more loan money, the financial aid office states that they can help you get more at any time.

If you take out a bit more than you really need, but then if you watch your spending and have money leftover to give back immediately after you graduate, does interest accrue on the original loan amount or on the amount present at graduation?

If you take out a bit more than you really need, but then if you watch your spending and have money leftover to give back immediately after you graduate, does interest accrue on the original loan amount or on the amount present at graduation?

I don't think you can give it back, but I don't know. Either way, interest accrues based on the amount present at graduation. Before taking any amount, you need to make a budget for the year and the summer (the loan money doesn't include what the school thinks is a necessary amount to make it through the first summer). No one that I've talked to seems particularly concerned about the amount of debt they'll accumulate via medical school because people still seem to be able to do it without much trouble. But, the amount is increasing at such a rapid rate, that I'm not sure if the data available for people graduating as little as a year ago will be relevant in 3.

Does anyone know what orientation week consists of? So excited to meet you all!!

Does anyone know what orientation week consists of? So excited to meet you all!!

A bunch of people telling you "don't listen to everyone else when they tell you how they study" followed by them telling you how they study.

A bunch of people telling you "don't listen to everyone else when they tell you how they study" followed by them telling you how they study.

this is, perhaps, the most accurate thing that i've ever read.

Status
Not open for further replies.