2010-2011 University of Louisville Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody seen our gym, and if so does it have a sauna, an indoor track, and offer spin classes?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I heard they were being forced to decrease lecture hours... Don't know if it's to an 8-12 schedule though. (And don't know when the changes would take place.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Cruel? That's what I am asking, if anyone else has heard this. Maybe a current med student? Someone told me that UL had changed their schedule and I thought it was odd since I had not heard anything about it before, so I posted on here to see if it may be valid.

cruel as in getting our hopes up for no reason maybe.... 8-12 would be amazing

I heard there was an open forum with the dean at the medical school last week. All student, professors, and staff were invited. Maybe something was discussed at that time.

Anyone doing pre-matric looking for a roommate? If so, PM me. Thanks.

I heard they were being forced to decrease lecture hours... Don't know if it's to an 8-12 schedule though. (And don't know when the changes would take place.)

I was talking to a faculty member last night, and she indicated to me that indeed there has been an attempt to reduce the number of lecture hours by reducing redundancy in the schedule. Further, she stated that they have been rather successful at moving the majority of the lectures to the morning; although, some are expected to run into the afternoon.

The emphasis on TBLs and PBLs is increasing, and the school wants to ensure that students receive more time to prepare for those sessions. As it currently stands, most students that I speak with agree that these are valuable learning sessions, but there is inadequate time to prepare for them.

However, I would be surprised if this affects 1st semester 1st year significantly. I do not recall very much redundancy in that curriculum, and there are virtually zero TBLs/PBLs 1st semester. Also, the faculty member with whom I spoke mentioned nothing about how these changes would affect 2nd semester 1st year.

Nevertheless, I expect the curriculum to change each year in some way for the next 3 years, as ULSOM gears up for its LCME review. The next few years are an especially good time to be entering medical school at ULSOM, as the deans believe that they are most readily able to affect change and improve the quality of education received due to the flexibility they have been granted to ensure that ULSOM continues to be an accredited medical school.

Last edited:
For some reason the Housing registration form went to my junk email,( UofL email)so you might want to check to see if it is in your junk email as well. Do not worry the date of submission is awhile from now.

Has anyone on alternate list had their status updated? Checked mine and it does not say alternate list. Was wondering if they will not update this until 5/6 or is something wrong with my account?

Has anyone on alternate list had their status updated? Checked mine and it does not say alternate list. Was wondering if they will not update this until 5/6 or is something wrong with my account?

Mine has said the same thing since my secondary was completed in July and I am also on the wait list.

Has anyone else recently been unable to login to Blackboard/ULink?

I'm going back and forth with the admissions office, so maybe it will get sorted out. Immediately after I uploaded my immunization info I was unable to sign in to anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
All of the tasks that needed to be submitted are marked complete on my blackboard page. I am still having problems getting into my email directly form the blackboard.

littlestar, I called and asked about this last week. I was told a while back that we would hear mid-April, but was informed when I called that it would not be available until sometime this month or next. She said if there's nothing on the "To Do" list in Ulink that meant our status was fine, but the information just wasn't all compiled yet.

Haven't seen any posts since waitlist rankings came out. So, I will start - Top third.

Hopefully previous years movement will hold true for this year as well.

I'm right there with you Callie, top third too. Does anyone know how many people are on the wait-list?

Anyone interested in a really nice 2 level, 2 bedroom/2.5 bathroom condo for $487.5 rent per person/month that is 5 minutes from campus, please PM me.

Water is included; washer & dryer; gated parking; small gym in the basement; elevator.

Last edited:
I'm in the top third as well....I've always heard there were about 100 people on the waitlist and quoting what Jamiu22 said earlier..."if you look at their record from 2010.... 386 interviewed, 256 were accepted, 155 enrolled.... " around 100 would make sense. Hopefully the list will start moving by the end of next week! Good luck everyone.

Top 1/3 as well. Waiting anxiously for news around the 16th!! :xf::xf:

Hope springs eternal.

Withdrew my acceptance about 30 minutes ago...Good luck to everyone! :)

I believe they started sending out waitlist offers today, and they are sending them by email.

I was accepted off of the waitlist and am withdrawing my offer. I'm OOS btw. I thought the area around the school was pretty depressing and the facilities were also extremely old and dated. But, the school does have a lot of hospitals nearby. I'll be attending george washington university instead. I just couldn't picture myself being in the middle of Kentucky for four years.

Best of Luck to all

I was accepted off the waitlist yesterday. I'm excited to join the class of 2015! Best of luck for all those still waiting.

I guess tact and sensitivity aren't required to get into medical school.

Received an email today requesting background check info. Have not received offer however. Still on waiting list. Does anyone know what this means? Hope??

I agree, but remember people put their best foot forward to get into medical school, and then once they are in the cockiness comes out. It is really sad.

I guess tact and sensitivity aren't required to get into medical school.

I received my acceptance offer via email on Tuesday! I was thrilled, and will most likely be joining the class of 2015! Yay! (Btw, I'm OOS with a good GPA and under 30 MCAT.)

I received my acceptance offer via email on Tuesday! I was thrilled, and will most likely be joining the class of 2015! Yay! (Btw, I'm OOS with a good GPA and under 30 MCAT.)

Were you top third?

I received an email today reminding me to respond to the offer of admission sent on the 17th, an email I never got :eek:. Called immediately and apparently I had been admitted with the first batch last Tuesday. Glad I got the second email since the dead line was tomorrow. I was in state, 33 MCAT, good GPA, top third of the wait list. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Anyone interested in living in a 2 level 2br/2ba apt for $432.50/person in rent per month, that is walking distance from school, PM me :)

Last edited:
I also just withdrew my acceptance (OOS). It was a really tough decision. I wish all of you the best of luck! I love UofL!

Anyone interested in living in a 2 level 2br/2ba apt for $432.50/person in rent per month, that is walking distance from school, PM me :)

For anyone not knowing what to expect in terms of costs, 432.50 sounds liike a solid deal.

Received acceptance off the waitlist today! OOS Middle third.

Last edited:
Received acceptance off the waitlist today! OSS Middle third.

Wow congrats... I didn't think they'd go that deep already for OOS. Too bad we don't know specifically where we are at. BTW, how were u notified?

Wow congrats... I didn't think they'd go that deep already for OOS. Too bad we don't know specifically where we are at. BTW, how were u notified?

Thanks! I got an email around noon.

Last edited:
I am unsure of how to pick the correct size for the white coat, can anybody help me please? Thank you

I am unsure of how to pick the correct size for the white coat, can anybody help me please? Thank you

It's the same as your suit jacket size. You can go over to the HSC bookstore on Payne St. and try a few different sizes on if you're not sure.

Thank you....I went there today, and got the perfect fit:laugh:

If anyone has personal experience or knowledge about the Pre-Matric program can I PM you please?
Thanks again:thumbup:

It's the same as your suit jacket size. You can go over to the HSC bookstore on Payne St. and try a few different sizes on if you're not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.