2018-2019 University of Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When asked about why I chose to apply, I bragged on their school and then wrote one sentence saying that my SO’s family is from there and I would have an extended support network. I only had 500 characters to talk about why UofL so I didn’t focus on it much. Never came up during the interview either. MCAT 506 & 515. Gpa 3.85. Decent ECs, nothing exceptional. I interviewed one of the last dates though - idk if that’s because I’m OOS or because my app get held up for the second MCAT score. Hope this helps!
Very helpful thanks. On a side note, how did you manage to get your MCAT score up so much? I'm thinking about retaking it myself, but only if I can increase quite a bit.

Members don't see this ad.

When asked about why I chose to apply, I bragged on their school and then wrote one sentence saying that my SO’s family is from there and I would have an extended support network. I only had 500 characters to talk about why UofL so I didn’t focus on it much. Never came up during the interview either. MCAT 506 & 515. Gpa 3.85. Decent ECs, nothing exceptional. I interviewed one of the last dates though - idk if that’s because I’m OOS or because my app get held up for the second MCAT score. Hope this helps!
Curious- did you only receive the interview invite after they got the 2nd MCAT score?

Orientation starts in one week. Hopefully there will be some good news today!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I sent an email to the admissions today inquiring about the rest of our statuses and whether there will be any communication regarding acceptance or rejection for the incoming class. I will update when they respond.

Did anyone hear anything?

I sent an email to the admissions today inquiring about the rest of our statuses and whether there will be any communication regarding acceptance or rejection for the incoming class. I will update when they respond.

Did anyone hear anything?
They're pretty...bad about not responding to emails btw

In an incredibly shocking turn of events I got in today! OOS waitlist. It’s not over til it’s over.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't understand... why are you guys just now getting this email?

Reactions: 1 user