2010-2011 Duke-NUS GMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone still waiting but not on the waitlist? In other words, no news since their interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone still waiting but not on the waitlist? In other words, no news since their interview?

me.. interviewed in the "leftovers" group on March 1st. I guess we were rejects by default.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a feeling we won't hear until May. To those waitlisted, what date were you interviewed?

Or all offers (for admission) have been sent out and they will send out rejections for us at their leisure.

Why are they taking so long to send the rejection letters? Are they writing out the reasons for our rejection?? I shudder at the thought.:scared:

Why are they taking so long to send the rejection letters? Are they writing out the reasons for our rejection?? I shudder at the thought.:scared:

actually you can call duke and ask specifically about your case.

Hi Fizban I was planning to do this. What kind of specific questions are they willing to answer?

Hi Fizban I was planning to do this. What kind of specific questions are they willing to answer?

Just ask them what's the situation like for you.

If they say "I can't say anything" kind of reply, just tell them you wish to know where you stand, should you make plans elsewhere cos it's not fair to put you on hold without any sort of answer.

The administrators at duke are a bunch of nice, understanding people, I'm sure they'll help you in no time.

Do you mean that everything is already settled and our fates decided :confused:

I assumed you actually called? How did it go?

I have a feeling we won't hear until May. To those waitlisted, what date were you interviewed?

I got the e-mail regarding the wait list last week at around the time everybody else got theirs. I had my interview in Durham on the 11th of Jan.

just to let you guys know, not all waitlist offers have been sent out yet, so don't lose hope!

I'm also from jan 11 durham interview date ...
Anyway I emailed the lady and she said the same thing as someone posted here already ... that they were sorting their stuff out until late july last year... =.=;

Members don't see this ad :)
Just ask them what's the situation like for you.

If they say "I can't say anything" kind of reply, just tell them you wish to know where you stand, should you make plans elsewhere cos it's not fair to put you on hold without any sort of answer.

The administrators at duke are a bunch of nice, understanding people, I'm sure they'll help you in no time.

Thanks Fizban!

Do you mean that everything is already settled and our fates decided :confused:

I assumed you actually called? How did it go?

Oh I wouldn't say your fates are sealed but I think mine probably is.
Yeah I called, just like many others.

I think I should move on now.

Hey Fizban

Wishing you all the best in all that you do.

All the best to those who are waiting! God bless!

Oh I wouldn't say your fates are sealed but I think mine probably is.
Yeah I called, just like many others.

I think I should move on now.

I hope everything turns out well for you. If you don't mind sharing, what did they tell you when you called?

I hope everything turns out well for you. If you don't mind sharing, what did they tell you when you called?

They told me: "Get on with your life!"
No I kid.

Argh it's the diplomatic "tough.....competitive.....very difficult" type of answer and then you get the vibes.

No I kid.

Argh it's the diplomatic "tough.....competitive.....very difficult" type of answer and then you get the vibes.

hmm.. best wishes with whatever happens, Fizban!

Hey Fizban

Wishing you all the best in all that you do.

All the best to those who are waiting! God bless!

Thank you MousePadd!

And may God bless you and all around you richly.

Are there viable alternatives for Singaporeans hoping to pursue graduate medicine overseas?

Anybody wants to sell their MCAT materials please pm me! =)

Anybody wants to sell their MCAT materials please pm me! =)

hey ifyj,
if u intend to get EK materials, you may have to order/purchase them (new or 2nd hand) online as there are no more new stock @ d bookstores tat i've asked.. bookstores said they tk abt 3-4wks to stock up d new batches.. fyi..

No I kid.

I know how that feels like.. I kinda got the same response when I called them. If you haven't got the rejection letter yet, you still have a chance for sure, so don't lose hope. I wish you all the best and I was wondering what are your plans if you don't get in?

Are there viable alternatives for Singaporeans hoping to pursue graduate medicine overseas?

Hey tbc, there's quite a number of graduate medicine courses in Australia and a few more in the UK that you can consider. Feel free to ask if you have specific questions regarding these schools! I'll try my best to answer them.

I know how that feels like.. I kinda got the same response when I called them. If you haven't got the rejection letter yet, you still have a chance for sure, so don't lose hope. I wish you all the best and I was wondering what are your plans if you don't get in?

Thank you One Shot.
Continue with my job but with long-term and now.

I wish you all the best too.
Goodness! There are so many nice people in here who are still not accepted yet!
I hope duke-NUS picks wisely.

hi guys :)
I got the acceptance email yesterday! I interviewed in January in Durham, waitlisted a week and a half ago, and finally accepted! Duke is my first choice and I'm extremely happy to get in. can't wait to see you guys this fall :)
to those still waiting.. i know it's tough.. hang in there! hope you get in ^^

hi guys :)
I got the acceptance email yesterday! I interviewed in January in Durham, waitlisted a week and a half ago, and finally accepted! Duke is my first choice and I'm extremely happy to get in. can't wait to see you guys this fall :)
to those still waiting.. i know it's tough.. hang in there! hope you get in ^^

congratulations!!! =D

Rejected. They emailed the rejection letter from Singapore, so that's why it took so long. Why couldn't they have just emailed me like the 82 other schools?

Oh well.

Rejected. They emailed the rejection letter from Singapore, so that's why it took so long. Why couldn't they have just emailed me like the 82 other schools?

Oh well.

Ah man. It's hard even if you prepare for rejection when you actually receive the letter.

I'm going to throw mine immediately into the flames when i get it.

Cheer up! Duke has lost you. It's their loss!

Oh well.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope things get better for you! Do you mean they're sending the rejections through snail mail? Is that true for ALL the rejections?

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that. Hope things get better for you! Do you mean they're sending the rejections through snail mail? Is that true for ALL the rejections?

You can just ask via email and they will let you know actually.

i've a question.. perhaps those who had applied may be able to give ur opinion on dis:

how much difference does d iGPA result differ from the actual GPA provided by WES?

well, i paid a couple of 5bucks to do the iGPA and the result that came back seemed rather fishy.. did variations of my results 3 times so far and d results made me looked like im darn smart.. but seriously, i thot d score was being 'highly elevated'.. called and asked NUS once abt dis and was told d difference shd not be tat much (from d $160 evaluation).. but i still have my doubts abt it.. just in case, i pay 160bucks for d evaluation, with high hopes, and my actual GPA comes back way lower than the iGPA.

someone or anyone care to clear my thots on this..?

heyy.. been reading thru d posts.

i'm planning to spend d next couple of months preparing for the MCAT in july. anyone esle taking it or planning to apply to 2012 intake? ;)
hello from melb! im gg back to sg next month and gonna start studying for the mcat.. just booked the test on the 8th sept, latest possible date. kinda scared.. eik! feeling so anxious after reading this forum! >.<

Hi everyone,
I took my MCATs last year and have been accepted into the 2011 intake(yay!) and am now looking to sell my MCAT study materials. I have the Kaplan complete 5-book study review(2009-2010) with the additional full colour study sheets, as well as the MCAT Advanced guide to a 45(2nd edition). Both were really helpful in the study process. Do email me at [email protected] to let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.