2009-2010 Northwestern University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, do you know where can I send LOI & Update? It will be great if you guys know the email address.:thumbup: Thank you. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting.

for information sake. this week is the last batch of interviews. i think there are some on monday and thats it.

northwestern is the ****. if you get in here, you should come. end of story.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you are accepted does your status page change or are you just notified by email/ phone call?

also, does anyone know if acceptances are going to be sent out this week?

if you are accepted does your status page change or are you just notified by email/ phone call?

also, does anyone know if acceptances are going to be sent out this week?

Got an email and the status page changed slightly.

Does anyone know when we're supposed to get info about 2nd look and all the other documents?

got an email for second look today! it's being held april 15-16 at northwestern. status page also changed, and links to more specific information are available there. registration is required.

hope to see some of you there! :D

got an email for second look today! it's being held april 15-16 at northwestern. status page also changed, and links to more specific information are available there. registration is required.

Not completely sure if I can attend, but don't want to register pre-maturely. Anyone know if, historically, NW's Second Look gets booked pretty fast? Or do they have an unlimited amount of spots?

Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances are going out?

Yay! I'm excited.

does anyone know when/if northwestern announces merit based scholarships? do they give out a lot of money in terms of merit based scholarships?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interview a couple weeks ago and the dean said we would find out in the first week of March, so everybody who hasn't heard back yet post interview will probably hear back in march as well. Also, the dean said the half the people will get accepted and the other half would be waitlisted which is awesome odds given it is a top school. As for scholarships, I am pretty sure they don't offer any merit scholarships. As an undergraduate at nw, I know the school has a reputation for being extremely cheap.

I interview a couple weeks ago and the dean said we would find out in the first week of March, so everybody who hasn't heard back yet post interview will probably hear back in march as well. Also, the dean said the half the people will get accepted and the other half would be waitlisted which is awesome odds given it is a top school. As for scholarships, I am pretty sure they don't offer any merit scholarships. As an undergraduate at nw, I know the school has a reputation for being extremely cheap.

their website says they do, but it isnt clear

any idea if acceptances will be sent out this week? this waiting is getting to be too much!

Does this news count for deferred people too, or only those who have gotten no word post-interview?

for information sake. this week is the last batch of interviews. i think there are some on monday and thats it.

northwestern is the ****. if you get in here, you should come. end of story.

Hey What made you decide northwestern.. I was accepted a few weeks ago.. SUPER excited but its nice to hear the inside scoop from a student

Dear Feinberg,
This is the first week of March. It is time to put me out of my misery.
Much love,

~gettomed

Dear Feinberg,
This is the first week of March. It is time to put me out of my misery.
Much love,

~gettomed
Dear Feinberg,
Ditto
<3 Bryson17

P.S. Last year this happened around 3/17 so it could be about 2 weeks before we hear.

I called admissions today and they said all decisions have been made and will be mailed most likely this week or early next week.

No, admissions told me that they are not doing e-mails for the final batch. only mail.

Hey What made you decide northwestern.. I was accepted a few weeks ago.. SUPER excited but its nice to hear the inside scoop from a student

well i technically didn't decide on northwestern. they were the only school that accepted me. so it was a very easy decision i guess. but its worked out very nicely

Yup, pretty weird. I think that they also sent March decisions by mail last year, though.

Yeah, I just read through last year's thread - some people accepted in March heard by snail mail, some got emails. People were also reporting that the news went to their permanent address. Seems very random to me, so who knows.

just got an acceptance email!! interviewed 1/25

Congrats!

Interviewed on 1/25 but haven't heard back - I called them and they said no decision had been made

Ditto on the Acceptance! Interviewed mid January!

So I guess anyone who did not get the email today is waitlisted? or are they going to send out acceptances several days apart?

Accepted last week!!!! Actually got a phone call from Dr. Wallace himself (there was a bit of a misunderstanding because I was invited to second look before I received my admission letter/email). Interviewed 01/27!!! Top choice...I'm soooooooooooo excited!!!

NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY FEINBERG SCHOOL OF MEDICINE CLASS OF 2014!!!!!!!!!

So I am assuming none of you who were recently accepted ever received the "deffered decision until March" message? (since you interviewed more recently?) I wonder when the deferred decisions will come out and if they will really be via snail mail like others have suggested...

just called the admisisons office. A very nice lady said that they would be sending out final decisions in "mid-March." I geuss that means next week, or the week after that.

she also offered to check my status. So i geuss they are cool with that??

just called the admisisons office. A very nice lady said that they would be sending out final decisions in "mid-March." I geuss that means next week, or the week after that.

she also offered to check my status. So i geuss they are cool with that??

So this means that we can find out whether if we are accepted or not by calling?

So I am assuming none of you who were recently accepted ever received the "deffered decision until March" message? (since you interviewed more recently?) I wonder when the deferred decisions will come out and if they will really be via snail mail like others have suggested...

I interviewed in early January idk if that counts as recently? And I didn't get the deferred until March status. I got the acceptance email yesterday as well.

AHHH congrats everyone!!

I interviewed 1/8 and haven't heard anything since then (no deferred email, no acceptace/rejection/waitlist email either). Status page is still the same and I'm a compulsive checker.

Anywho, good luck everyone :xf:hoping for the best.

AHHH congrats everyone!!

I interviewed 1/8 and haven't heard anything since then (no deferred email, no acceptace/rejection/waitlist email either). Status page is still the same and I'm a compulsive checker.

Anywho, good luck everyone :xf:hoping for the best.

Me too, there's been a waitlist email?

Me too, there's been a waitlist email?

not sure..i just added that in there to cover all the bases. you interviewed on 1/8 as well? from what i saw, it's like they skipped over our date haha. i know someone who interviewed on 1/6 got accepted a while ago (earlier posts) and then the recent ones are a little bit after 1/8 all through the february ones. Kinda confused/anxious right now...

How many of you guys that were deferred till march send a Letter of Intent?

not sure..i just added that in there to cover all the bases. you interviewed on 1/8 as well? from what i saw, it's like they skipped over our date haha. i know someone who interviewed on 1/6 got accepted a while ago (earlier posts) and then the recent ones are a little bit after 1/8 all through the february ones. Kinda confused/anxious right now...

To break it down: I interviewed on 01/04 and was accepted in late Jan; some other early Jan interviewees were accepted very recently, so it looks like adcom decisions may come in waves based on when interviewers turn in evals. I think some people in the past who didn't receive acceptance emails within 1-2 months post-interview received "deferred decision" emails instead, which basically just said that the adcom was holding off until March to decide on their applications, at which point they would be either accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. I think deferred people get notified with final decisions by snail mail in mid to late March (based on last year).

Status
Not open for further replies.