2019-2020 Northwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did decisions just come out? Congrats btw!
Thanks! I got the email at 7:00pm EST. Not sure why my decision was delayed, but happy to know!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Have any MSTPers heard back today (either deferred from the first wave or more recently interviewed)? Portal is down and I'm s t r e s s e d lol

Late to this, but I was deferred from the first wave and am still waiting to hear back. I sent in a pretty lengthy update about a month ago, to which the PD just responded that they'll be in touch. Might call or something to reiterate interest and gauge my current chances.

Reactions: 1 user
Late to this, but I was deferred from the first wave and am still waiting to hear back. I sent in a pretty lengthy update about a month ago, to which the PD just responded that they'll be in touch. Might call or something to reiterate interest and gauge my current chances.

@NatGeoLover in the same boat. Deferred and no word since.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in September, was deferred, and still haven't heard anything back. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
@NatGeoLover in the same boat. Deferred and no word since.
Good luck to us all!! Hopefully the decisions come soon :)

does anyone happen to know or can venture a guess of how many people they put on the WL?

Anyone else get a call today from an M3 about second look?

You think it means anything? lol

Making 270ish calls sounds awful.

You think it means anything? lol

Making 270ish calls sounds awful.
Iol u mean like we are their special faves? Haha idk, they have plenty of students to make the calls, I’m sure everyone will get one eventually. 270 isn’t that many calls.

Iol u mean like we are their special faves? Haha idk, they have plenty of students to make the calls, I’m sure everyone will get one eventually. 270 isn’t that many calls.
i was told they are calling every admit today

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder how much of a difference these calls make regarding their second look turn out.

I wonder how much of a difference these calls make regarding their second look turn out.
i think its just a nice personal touch; dont think they are doing everything for the metrics and numbers...

I’m guessing their turn out is mainly dependent on which schools overlap with them in terms of students accepted and date of second look. Calls are just nice

have they sent out student hosting info for Second Look somewhere? I didn't see it in the rsvp email

have they sent out student hosting info for Second Look somewhere? I didn't see it in the rsvp email

they asked if you wanted student housing / had pet allergies in the rsvp link so they’ll probably match you up and then send you info later

Yep, There are ~280 people. Not much activity so far, mainly just posts from current M1s.
Given that I refuse to believe they accept 531 people. So 280 people in the group, assuming ~300 actual considering people not having Facebook, doesn't leave a lot of spots for waitlisters.

Sorry if this is a dumb question for the financial aid application. If I submitted my 2018 tax return, do I need to do the verification form as well?

Also how does it take for your documents to reflect on Ceasar? I submitted everything together 3 days ago, but they haven't updated my tax return.

Sorry if this is a dumb question for the financial aid application. If I submitted my 2018 tax return, do I need to do the verification form as well?

Also how does it take for your documents to reflect on Ceasar? I submitted everything together 3 days ago, but they haven't updated my tax return.

Did you get an email about logging into CAESAR? I submitted my financial aid forms but haven’t been given any CAESAR info yet.

lmao I sent this exact question to fin aid and they literally thought I was dumb, but no, you don’t!

Did you get an email about logging into CAESAR? I submitted my financial aid forms but haven’t been given any CAESAR info yet.
Yeah there is an action required email. Did you also do the financial aid application? That's due today along with the documents.

Yeah there is an action required email. Did you also do the financial aid application? That's due today along with the documents.

Yup, I did the financial aid application but am wondering why I didn’t get a CAESAR login even though I got the Second Look email...

Yup, I did the financial aid application but am wondering why I didn’t get a CAESAR login even though I got the Second Look email...
No tuna there’s an action required email about Caesar! Sent by Jessica voth

I was deferred in January (post-interview), havent heard from them since. Was told that I would hear back by the end of the interview season, specifically late February. Havent heard anything yet, and saw people being accepted mid February. What does this likely mean? It seems like chatter on this thread has died out. Are acceptances no longer going out?

Edit: I did end up being admitted later this day!

Last edited:
Is anyone else trying to bounce going to both NW and UChicago second looks even though they heavily overlap? PM me please

do we think second look will be affected by coronavirus panic? anyone in the know?

• Sad
  • Hmm
I was deferred in January (post-interview), havent heard from them since. Was told that I would hear back by the end of the interview season, specifically late February. Havent heard anything yet, and saw people being accepted mid February. What does this likely mean? It seems like chatter on this thread has died out. Are acceptances no longer going out?

I am in basically the same boat but was deferred in November. I emailed them (along with an update) and received this reply:

"No decision has yet been made on your application. We are still in the process of making final decisions and expect to have all remaining decision notifications (acceptances, declines, and offers to be placed on the waitlist) to applicants by the end of March."

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
For the MSTP second look, has anyone requested accommodations for flying in the night before and not the morning of?

Just called today to follow up on my application and they said mid/late March :/

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
I just called and they said we wouldn’t receive packages till the end of March

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the email about second look being cancelled... "Dear FSM Class of 2024 Accepted Students," does this mean I've been accepted? LOL still haven't heard back

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users