UW-Madison C/O 2026 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still can’t help but think those that received the email got in...
That would suck for those of us who didn’t get in…they prob should just release the decisions today as I’m sure they know we’re all talking now…

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
That would suck for those of us who didn’t get in…they prob should just release the decisions today as I’m sure they know we’re all talking now…
I agree 100%

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So y'all are receiving another email indicating acceptance separate from the morning email?

Got my decision at 4:49 pm ET. OOS Acceptance!!!!!

A friend just told me they sent her a rejection today at 5 pm so they’re are starting

• Wow
I haven’t gotten anything 😟 OOS

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ah bummer, OOS rejection! Good luck to everybody, and congrats to those who got in!! : )

• Care
OOS/International Acceptance at 4:49pm! I received the NetID email this morning too.

OOS rejection. Almost 2000 applicants, 1700+ of which are OOS for 34 seats….not sure I can even be sad with those odds. Congrats to those who got in! You should be proud!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
OOS rejection - congrats to all of those who were accepted!

OOS rejection! It’s okay tho. I had an interview at my in-state school (IL) today. Hopefully it went well!!!! We hear about final decisions ~next week

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
OOS rejection! It’s okay tho. I had an interview at my in-state school (IL) today. Hopefully it went well!!!! We hear about final decisions ~next week
Aye, fellow Illinois IS, im in the same situation! fingers crossed for both of us!

• Care
OOS Email rejection about 30 mins ago :( 7/7 rejections this year, it's been a rough one. Good luck to everyone else ❤️ I hope we all make it!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Oos alternate rank 3! I will be declining my alternate position since I got into my IS so good luck to all those on the list!!!!!

OOS waitlist! Number 6 on the list - will be declining my seat as I have accepted my IS school. Good luck everyone!

OOS rejection. Almost 2000 applicants, 1700+ of which are OOS for 34 seats….not sure I can even be sad with those odds. Congrats to those who got in! You should be proud!
How did you find out how many applicants there were?

How did you find out how many applicants there were?
It said in the rejection email they were 221 Wisconsin resident applications and 1,712 nonresident applicants. Last year there was only 821 nonresident applicants, so that is a fairly large increased from the class of 2025.

It said in the rejection email they were 221 Wisconsin resident applications and 1,712 nonresident applicants. Last year there was only 821 nonresident applicants, so that is a fairly large increased from the class of 2025.
Wow that’s crazy! That’s so many applications! Wow!

IS rejection
Waiting on 1 -- I'm an alternate at Iowa State (no rank yet)
Crazy how many applicants there are!!!
Good luck to everyone!

IS rejection
Waiting on 1 -- I'm an alternate at Iowa State (no rank yet)
Crazy how many applicants there are!!!
Good luck to everyone!
My daughter is the same , OOS rejected . Only 1 left Iowa waitlisted . Do you know when they will send out the rankings ?

IS 4th alternate!!! Last year I was 18th and was given an update that I was 10th.

Did anyone else get a call from Wisconsin verbally telling you got in after the letter?

wow that's an insane increase in applications! For those who received rejections, please keep in mind that in times like this, the competition for the few OOS seats there are is just insane and that it doesn't reflect upon your ability to be a great doctor.

For those who got acceptances/waitlists, congrats! If you want to know more about student life and the school, feel free to hit me up (current second year).

For those on the OOS waitlist who may feel disappointed that it's not an acceptance, keep your head up! I was 167 on the OOS waitlist two years ago and got pulled off in July. Of course, every year is different, but to shed some cautious optimism :)

I got another email after the official one from one of the faculty members saying congratulations and they will personally contact me to convey the message that I got in. Did anyone else receive this?

I got another email after the official one from one of the faculty members saying congratulations and they will personally contact me to convey the message that I got in. Did anyone else receive this?
I never got an email but I did get a call last night from them telling me how I got a seat in the class, they personally read my application, and offered to answer any questions