UW-Madison c/o 2027 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Out of curiosity, who are you writing about for the "Whom do you admire?"

I am having a bit of difficulty figuring out what they are looking for with that question since they also stated that little part of it before.

Members don't see this ad.

I am having a bit of difficulty figuring out what they are looking for with that question since they also stated that little part of it before.
I wrote about my mom, she's a huge reason why I am where I am today. Had her read it and revise a bit and she got a little emotional ❤

Which part are you talking about that was stated before?

I wrote it about my Nana. She passed away just a week ago and we just got done with the funeral on Monday. I finally sat down and wrote it yesterday. I had thought about writing about her before everything even happened… and, well, wisconsin really picked some bad timing to send out this supplemental 🙃 it’s been a long crazy 2 weeks

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I’m stuck on this one too!

Does anyone know if we should list experiences we've acquired additional hours for since submitting the VMCAS? For example, I had just started a leadership position when I submitted and only had 5 hours listed under that position. Now, I have significantly more, but I would be repeating my responsibilities and such. I was really confident that I should list them, but now I'm not so sure considering they say "PLEASE DO NOT REPEAT INFORMATION YOU SUBMITTED ON THE VMCAS APPLICATION" in all caps twice...

Does anyone know if we should list experiences we've acquired additional hours for since submitting the VMCAS? For example, I had just started a leadership position when I submitted and only had 5 hours listed under that position. Now, I have significantly more, but I would be repeating my responsibilities and such. I was really confident that I should list them, but now I'm not so sure considering they say "PLEASE DO NOT REPEAT INFORMATION YOU SUBMITTED ON THE VMCAS APPLICATION" in all caps twice...
It says you can update the hours i believe if its the same position! Just maybe mention that its the same duties as previously mentioned on VMCAS.

Reactions: 1 user
It says you can update the hours i believe if its the same position! Just maybe mention that its the same duties as previously mentioned on VMCAS.
Thanks! I'll do that instead of re-listing the responsibilities. I always seem to get more paranoid about everything as a deadline approaches haha

You should absolutely include those! I acquired several hundred more hours of working as a veterinary assistant, listed on VMCAS originally, just added an asterisk and stated these were additional hours obtained since VMCAS submission.

For the part asking about what you wrote as your first career choice, do you think it matters if you select a different one? I can't remember which one I selected as first choice and which as second on my application.

I wrote about my mom, she's a huge reason why I am where I am today. Had her read it and revise a bit and she got a little emotional ❤

Which part are you talking about that was stated before?
I'm trying to see how they could access our leadership, communication, and maturity off on our answers to that question.

For example, I can talk about all these admirable characteristics of a person I admire but how does that reflect MY leadership, communication, and maturity?

I'm trying to see how they could access our leadership, communication, and maturity off on our answers to that question.

For example, I can talk about all these admirable characteristics of a person I admire but how does that reflect MY leadership, communication, and maturity?
I think they are trying to see what you value. What characteristics in the person you chose makes them the most admirable person in your life? This reflects your values, which then indirectly reflect your leadership style and maturity. I think this is a more complex way for them to gauge what traits you view as important not just as a veterinary professional, but also as a human being. Just my view.

Reactions: 4 users

More than just a story I related what qualities I value and how these qualities align with my future endeavors. Make them remember you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I’d share! I emailed to see when we may expect to hear back. They said we will hear by April 1st. 😅 literally, any day.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone knows how do we turn in the fall transcript?

Attachments

• 9E5FC7FF-EB56-404F-AF14-C9A78EEA8DDA.jpeg
    9E5FC7FF-EB56-404F-AF14-C9A78EEA8DDA.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 150
Anyone knows how do we turn in the fall transcript?
Depending on your school it'll either be from Parchment or Clearinghouse. Not sure about clearinghouse but for Parchment you will add them as a 3rd party and use the email on their website. It's $10 per school.

Is anyone else no longer able to access the supplemental portal? I sent my fall transcript and it says they opened it and I wanted to check the portal and see if it showed anything

Is anyone else no longer able to access the supplemental portal? I sent my fall transcript and it says they opened it and I wanted to check the portal and see if it showed anything
I can't access the portal either...

First time applicant. IS. Starting to get nervous!!

SAME! I’ve decided I’m just not gonna think about it and work and play video games nonstop until march can’t even do homework to keep myself occupied anymore

How to send transcript to them through parchment? I can't find them when I search. I had no idea they wanted them... I hope its not too late!

How to send transcript to them through parchment? I can't find them when I search. I had no idea they wanted them... I hope its not too late!
Today is the last day to send transcripts in!! For Parchment add them as a 3rd party and use the email they have listed on their website 🙂

Thank you so much! How do I add them as a 3rd party?
Once you sign in, go to order transcript, click on the hyperlink for send to myself or another individual. Type the name of the school (University of Wisconsin Madison School of Veterinary Medicine) and then the email that they provide on their DVM administration website

Once you sign in, go to order transcript, click on the hyperlink for send to myself or another individual. Type the name of the school (University of Wisconsin Madison School of Veterinary Medicine) and then the email that they provide on their DVM administration website
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help:)

• Care
I was lurking this afternoon 😂 and last year they said the same thing to applicants but decisions came out the last week of February (Feb 21st)
Don’t say that because now I’ll be watching for a decision that week 🤣

• Haha
I was lurking this afternoon 😂 and last year they said the same thing to applicants but decisions came out the last week of February (Feb 21st)
I will say I starting looking at old forums and it looks like they are consistent with releasing decisions in February. 🤞

Reactions: 2 users
I will say I starting looking at old forums and it looks like they are consistent with releasing decisions in February. 🤞
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one lurking amongst the bowels of SDN, fingers are triple crossed! 😅 🤞

Reactions: 3 users
True but many schools are reporting record number of applications causing delays. I think every school I applied to released decisions later than they previously had.

Does anyone know how we will receive decisions? Email, phone call, good old fashioned letter in the mail??

Does anyone know how we will receive decisions? Email, phone call, good old fashioned letter in the mail??

i applied a few years ago and got a letter in the mail and believe that’s still the way they do things!

i applied a few years ago and got a letter in the mail and believe that’s still the way they do things!
Gosh. My mail service is not timely or reliable here. Do they send an email follow-up too? If so, how long after?

Looking at last years thread people received news via email

i just texted my friend who applied last year (i applied the year before and it was mail) and he said he heard via email 2/21

Anybody else think we'll hear Monday the 13th?? The wait is KILLING me

Last year was definitely around the 20th, but I just got done stalking back 7 years and most of them have been closer to the 11-15th. Do you think it'll be later just due to a greater number of applicants these past years?

Last year was definitely around the 20th, but I just got done stalking back 7 years and most of them have been closer to the 11-15th. Do you think it'll be later just due to a greater number of applicants these past years?
7 years?! Whoa now that is some serious commitment 👏. I'd say so this cycle has really been something else in terms of number of applicants, kinda took schools by surprise and everyone is pushing timelines

I only applied to Madison so I haven't been paying attention to the other schools - that's really unfortunate. The wait and boredom are leading me to become just a tad obsessive 😂

• Haha
I only applied to Madison so I haven't been paying attention to the other schools - that's really unfortunate. The wait and boredom are leading me to become just a tad obsessive 😂
Are you OOS or IS? Best of luck to you!!

I am IS and just hoping for the best. Not many other schools interested me and OOS costs so dang much. What about you?