U of A c/o 2026 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lbcsg1030

Reaction score
Doing my supplemental app this week with KiraTalent. Just curious if any one has already taken it and have any advice/what to expect! OOS first time applicant from CA.

Members don't see this ad.

Doing my supplemental app this week with KiraTalent. Just curious if any one has already taken it and have any advice/what to expect! OOS first time applicant from CA.
Hey! So basically you are given questions and 45 seconds to prepare an answer, then you are given a minute to record your answer via video and audio. I think it was 8 questions, it’s very on the spot. Practice questions will be more like “Describe your ideal weekend plans.” But the real questions are actual interview ones like “Describe a time in your life when…”. Don’t stress too much about it just get it over with! Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
hey , I am also applying to U of A, OOS, i did the Kira test, exactly as sweetvalentin described, nothing else to add. good luck to all.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
how long does it take to receive the supplemental app after VMCAS has been verified . Is this where you pay $50 fee?

how long does it take to receive the supplemental app after VMCAS has been verified . Is this where you pay $50 fee?
My application was verified 08/28 I received an invitation to complete the supplemental on 09/01. Yes, that is where I paid.

My application was verified 08/28 I received an invitation to complete the supplemental on 09/01. Yes, that is where I paid.
Do you have a timeframe to complete the supplemental app?

Has anyone not received an invite to the supplemental? I got verified and submitted day of deadline D;

Has anyone not received an invite to the supplemental? I got verified and submitted day of deadline D;
I was verified on September 12 and got an email on September 15 to complete the supplemental application!

Oof, I thought I was prepared for the Kira Talent supplemental but I'm pretty sure I bombed a couple questions. Hopefully that isn't a large part of the assessment o_O Good luck to everyone else taking it, it isn't difficult, I'm just awkward :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users
Oof, I thought I was prepared for the Kira Talent supplemental but I'm pretty sure I bombed a couple questions. Hopefully that isn't a large part of the assessment o_O Good luck to everyone else taking it, it isn't difficult, I'm just awkward :rolleyes:
What was the Kira Talent supplemental like? Like what type of questions? I am having to take the CASPer test too and I am so stressed about both f them and I don't know how similar they are to each other.

What was the Kira Talent supplemental like? Like what type of questions? I am having to take the CASPer test too and I am so stressed about both f them and I don't know how similar they are to each other.
They're not super similar. CASPer gives you a video or typed scenario and then asks questions like "what would you do in this situation?". The KiraTalent supplement was basically giving you essay/interview type questions in video form. I wouldn't stress too much about them. For CASPer just give your best judgement. And try the practice version too for a good idea of what it would be like.

They're not super similar. CASPer gives you a video or typed scenario and then asks questions like "what would you do in this situation?". The KiraTalent supplement was basically giving you essay/interview type questions in video form. I wouldn't stress too much about them. For CASPer just give your best judgement. And try the practice version too for a good idea of what it would be like.
I second taking the practice version for CASPer. I was really happy that I did at least. The practice gives you a good sense on timing and how to pace yourself, especially for the writing section.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just watched some videos on youtube to prepare for Kira Talent. There were a few behavioral questions that were like "Tell me about a time when..." I prepared by writing down a couple stories on a piece of paper that hit the points of times when I had conflict/problem that I needed to resolve and what I learned from the situation. Basically the same way I would prep for a behavioral type interview. Hope that helps.

Has anyone whose application underwent additional review been invited to complete the supplemental application?

Has anyone whose application underwent additional review been invited to complete the supplemental application?
Mine was! One of my GPAs was off by 0.01, I was then invited for the supplemental application.

Just curious if anyone's application has moved forwards?

I just did the supplemental assessment today. It definitely wasn’t fun but it wasn’t too bad and didn’t take very long.

Mine was! One of my GPAs was off by 0.01, I was then invited for the supplemental application.

Just curious if anyone's application has moved forwards?
Only one of my GPAs is only 0.01 off too but I haven't heard anything yet!

I thought Casper was bad, but Kira was worse D; Good luck to everyone!

• Care
Checked my application portal today and mine was update to: "Supplemental Application Review
We have received your VMCAS application and supplemental application. Your application is currently being reviewed for an Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) invite. MMI invites will be sent starting in the middle of October to February 2023."

Anyone else heard anything? Fingers crossed, as always.

Checked my application portal today and mine was update to: "Supplemental Application Review
We have received your VMCAS application and supplemental application. Your application is currently being reviewed for an Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) invite. MMI invites will be sent starting in the middle of October to February 2023."

Awesome, that sounds like good news! No changes to my portal yet.

When did you submit your VMCAS and supplemental application ?

I have the same message on my portal :), hoping that is good news... I really was not confident with my Kira at all though, that was rough.

No update on my portal yet either, but I also submitted on 9/14 and did the supplemental about 1.5 weeks afterwards, so not too surprised lol

I just finished the Kira talent during my written section that was timed at 5 minutes it was accidentally deleted right as I was running out of time!!! What do I do? I was able to write "accidentally deleted" in the very last 5 seconds but it makes me look like I avoided the question altogether!

EDIT: I emailed them explaining what happened and wrote a little bit of what I wrote in there before it was deleted. Maybe they can see what was written before it was deleted? I do not know all I do know is that I could not find a way to undo it in the short time I had and that I rated this Kira talent one star! I can update once I get a response from admission in case this happens to anyone else they know what to expect!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished the Kira talent during my written section that was timed at 5 minutes it was accidentally deleted right as I was running out of time!!! What do I do? I was able to write "accidentally deleted" in the very last 5 seconds but it makes me look like I avoided the question altogether!

EDIT: I emailed them explaining what happened and wrote a little bit of what I wrote in there before it was deleted. Maybe they can see what was written before it was deleted? I do not know all I do know is that I could not find a way to undo it in the short time I had and that I rated this Kira talent one star! I can update once I get a response from admission in case this happens to anyone else they know what to expect!
Great news! They got back to me and allowed me a retake for that question only. So no need to panic if it happens to you too!

Reactions: 3 users
Where is the application portal located? I haven't been able to find it on the website and it's stressing me out

Hey everyone, first time poster, third time overall applicant and also first time applicant to U of A CVM! Good luck this cycle everyone!

Hello all! First time applying to UofA, second time overall. I've been in initial review limbo for almost 3 weeks now. I guess no news is good news? I know one of my GPAs is below a minimum.
Does anyone have insight on how long this review process is?

Reactions: 2 users
Has any one received anything yet? Anticipation is killing me.

Reactions: 4 users
I did not get an email notification, but I am on hold for an interview? What are the odds of me getting an interview?

Did you get an email notification too for your MMI invite?
actually, no i just happened to check and it was on there (but i have always noticed a bit of delay between email and portal)

Last edited:
Got an MMI invite! Saw on portal this morning :)
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing when you completed your supplemental? Im wondering what the waiting time might be between completion and an interview invite.

actually, no i just happened to check and it was on there (but i have always noticed a bit of delay between email and portal)
Congratulations!! Curious if the MMI interview is in-person, online, or you get a choice.

MMI waitlist! Does anyone know how likely it is to get off of the waitlist??

No update on my application portal :/ fingers still crossed.

Interview waitlist here too.