UW-Madison C/O 2026 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BijaTroubleLotion

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting this thread because I wasn't able to find one! First time OOS, Madison is one of my top choices! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey C/O 2026 applicants! I'm a current second year. Feel free to reach out with any questions you have about the school and I'll try to respond when I can. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there everyone. I submitted my VMCAS on the 10th and heard from most schools but nothing from Wisconsin. Has anyone else heard a reply to at least state they received it

Hey there everyone. I submitted my VMCAS on the 10th and heard from most schools but nothing from Wisconsin. Has anyone else heard a reply to at least state they received it
Hi, I looked through my emails when I applied to UW and saw that I did not receive a confirmation email that they received my application. However, an email to complete a supplemental application was sent to me in late November. I know that last year, that supplemental application was sent to applicants in early December. Hope this helps! I know the waiting is anxiety-inducing.

Hi, I looked through my emails when I applied to UW and saw that I did not receive a confirmation email that they received my application. However, an email to complete a supplemental application was sent to me in late November. I know that last year, that supplemental application was sent to applicants in early December. Hope this helps! I know the waiting is anxiety-inducing.
Thanks 😊 if I become to impatient I will reach out to admissions

Hi all! I am on my second OOS application cycle, but this is my first time applying to UW-Madison. I just want to confirm with someone else here that we don't need to submit the supplemental application fee until we submit the supplemental application in November or December right? I'm pretty sure that's right, but I don't want to miss the deadline and get declined because of that.

Hi all! I am on my second OOS application cycle, but this is my first time applying to UW-Madison. I just want to confirm with someone else here that we don't need to submit the supplemental application fee until we submit the supplemental application in November or December right? I'm pretty sure that's right, but I don't want to miss the deadline and get declined because of that.
I think that's correct, I haven't paid a supplemental application fee for UW-Madison yet and I think you can only access it with the supplemental application they send out later. And I'm a first-time OOS applicant, good luck everyone!

Hi everyone! First time OOS. Good luck 🍀

Anyone know when we are supposed to hear/receive the supplemental application?

Anyone know when we are supposed to hear/receive the supplemental application?
I emailed admissions, and they said they would be sending out the supplemental application in November

Reactions: 1 users
Got the supplemental app to my email today

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my supplemental application this morning too! Does anyone know if the supplemental is just biographical information or are we going to be required to write essays too?

Got my supplemental application this morning too! Does anyone know if the supplemental is just biographical information or are we going to be required to write essays too?
I looked and there were a few 3000 character responses. Some were detailing experiences after submitting VMCAs and other were hardships/diversity kind of essays

Hi everyone! first time OOS applicant here. For the supplemental application, I included my COVID-19 impact and my adverse circumstances on my VMCAS explanation statement. Should I use the supplemental application to expand on these?

Does anyone know if we have to answer all the questions on the experience section of the supplemental application? I know there was another thread about this, but I thought I would mention it here as well. I know the UW Madison c/o 2025 thread mentioned it, but there was no response to that particular question. I don't really have anything to write for the COVID-19 section and I was thinking about leaving it blank unless told otherwise.

Does anyone know if we have to answer all the questions on the experience section of the supplemental application? I know there was another thread about this, but I thought I would mention it here as well. I know the UW Madison c/o 2025 thread mentioned it, but there was no response to that particular question. I don't really have anything to write for the COVID-19 section and I was thinking about leaving it blank unless told otherwise.
I personally am responding to all of them. How the school views it I'm not sure, they didn't say the essays were optional or that some are required and others not, so I'm going safe and doing them all. I'm with you, I don't have a lot to say for the COVID-19 section, but I'm going to give it my best lol.

I'm 1st time OOS for UW, 2nd app cycle and non-traditional. I'll be racing the clock on this supplemental app!

So am I currently filling out my supplemental application, and I don't think I have anything to write down for additional experience after submitting VMCAS that is not animal related. Is this okay to leave blank or does that look bad? It has just been hard getting new experiences while focusing on school.

So am I currently filling out my supplemental application, and I don't think I have anything to write down for additional experience after submitting VMCAS that is not animal related. Is this okay to leave blank or does that look bad? It has just been hard getting new experiences while focusing on school.
I haven't had new experiences for the animal-related hours so I am leaving it blank. I believe there is an option to mark as complete for the experiences section so I don't think we are required to write anything if we haven't done anything new.

If we have continuing experience on the other preparatory experience other than vet/animal experience do we update our hours on that as well? I wasn't sure because I didn't see the extra note on that section.

If we have continuing experience on the other preparatory experience other than vet/animal experience do we update our hours on that as well? I wasn't sure because I didn't see the extra note on that section.
I have this exact same question. I don't have *new* experiences but I have additional hours. Uncertain whether or not to list those.

I have this exact same question. I don't have *new* experiences but I have additional hours. Uncertain whether or not to list those.
I figured too much info was better than not enough. I added anything new that I was doing, animal related or not.

I figured too much info was better than not enough. I added anything new that I was doing, animal related or not.
Did you list things you already had on your VMCAS? Or just new things? I don't have any new vet or animal experience, but I do have more hours than what was on my VMCAS as I have continued those experiences.

Did you list things you already had on your VMCAS? Or just new things? I don't have any new vet or animal experience, but I do have more hours than what was on my VMCAS as I have continued those experiences.
I listed things I already had on VMCAS and said how many hours I’d worked since submitting my application and added additional duties I’d acquired since submitting. For those continued experiences I just stated that it was a continued experience

Just curious, did everyone who applied to UW get the supplemental app? Or were they only provided to people who made the academic cut?

It was never clear to me. Thanks.

Just curious, did everyone who applied to UW get the supplemental app? Or were they only provided to people who made the academic cut?

It was never clear to me. Thanks.
The supplemental app is sent to everyone who applied. :)

Hello all, fist post .... and of course questions. Good luck to all ... On the website Applicant Statistics c/o 2025 "Degrees of Invited Applicants" total is 100, yet the residency breakdown next to it is as stated previously 96 invited total. Is this just a math error or is there a true reason for the difference. Thanks.

by the way .... IS traditional 1st cycle ... moved to WI 2019 was asked to provide alot of "documents" to establish residency .... easy enough...thanks for any input.

Last edited:
Hello all, fist post .... and of course questions. Good luck to all ... On the website Applicant Statistics c/o 2025 "Degrees of Invited Applicants" total is 100, yet the residency breakdown next to it is as stated previously 96 invited total. Is this just a math error or is there a true reason for the difference. Thanks.

by the way .... IS traditional 1st cycle ... since parents moved to WI 2019 was asked to provide alot of "documents" to establish residency .... easy enough...thanks for any input.
for the residency breakdown, on their website it says that the number of non residents does not usually exceed 34 students

for the residency breakdown, on their website it says that the number of non residents does not usually exceed 34 students
Thank you. I understand cap limit is 34+62 .... was simply curious why when it came to the breakdown of degrees of invited applicants sum was 100. Shouldn't that be 96 as well ... male and female invited applicant total is 96 .... i'm certain i am missing something ... thanks again.

Thank you. I understand cap limit is 34+62 .... was simply curious why when it came to the breakdown of degrees of invited applicants sum was 100. Shouldn't that be 96 as well ... male and female invited applicant total is 96 .... i'm certain i am missing something ... thanks again.
Ive always wondered if it depends on how many people are pulled from the wait list, so maybe they pulled 4 people from a waitlist?

Ive always wondered if it depends on how many people are pulled from the wait list, so maybe they pulled 4 people from a waitlist?
i really think its simply a typo... cap is 96 (34+62) ... should not have any relation how many came from waitlist or not ... i do like how they pretty much send everyone "news" at the same time rather than piece meal approach ...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 7.16.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 7.16.42 PM.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 236
Heyo, so I am in a bit of a panic because I just learned about the deadline for fall transcripts. Does anyone know if they just have to be sent by the 18th or do they have to arrive by the 18th. UT does not send electronic transcripts so there is no way it would arrive by the 18th. Anyone else on the struggle bus with keeping everywhere they applied organized? eek

Heyo, so I am in a bit of a panic because I just learned about the deadline for fall transcripts. Does anyone know if they just have to be sent by the 18th or do they have to arrive by the 18th. UT does not send electronic transcripts so there is no way it would arrive by the 18th. Anyone else on the struggle bus with keeping everywhere they applied organized? eek
SDN can't help you with this. Contact admissions of SVM right away and let them know you are sending the transcript that is postmarked before the 18th but may arrive after the 18th. Hopefully it won't be a problem but only they can tell you that. Good luck!