UCVM 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else on the waitlist get their “no” email yet? Or is there still a slight chance?

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t think they make any calls or send emails over the weekend so there’s still a chance… I’m going to call tomorrow to see if I can know my spot on the waitlist and get some more info. Last year the class was finalized August 8

I don’t think they make any calls or send emails over the weekend so there’s still a chance… I’m going to call tomorrow to see if I can know my spot on the waitlist and get some more info. Last year the class was finalized August 8

Ugh that’s so late! Thanks for info! Let us know if they are letting us know our spots!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my call! Kinda freaking out!! I did ask for everyone still on the waitlist and they do not give the position on the waitlist because it’s so competitive and they want to try to avoid that aspect of it. She said there were a few situations “in the works” (maybe more waitlist people will be called soon), she understands how stressful it is to keep waiting all summer, and she said people have previously had things come up even in the last week before classes that caused them to decline their seat. Good luck you guys! ❤️

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know a UCVM or UofC student that lives in Airdrie and makes the drive to school every day? What is the commute like? Especially in the winter?

Does anyone know a UCVM or UofC student that lives in Airdrie and makes the drive to school every day? What is the commute like? Especially in the winter?
I work in Airdrie and have made the drive from near foothills campus for years. If you go QEII to Stoney Trail it's very busy and well maintained, although quite slow sometimes in the winter. There are back ways that are quieter but not as well maintained in the winter. It's certainly doable though, I think most of Airdrie works in Calgary. In dead of winter you would want to leave about an hour to get there comfortably.

Hey guys !
Do you know how long the pre-set questions for our required references take? I want to include that when I ask them :)

Hey guys !
Do you know how long the pre-set questions for our required references take? I want to include that when I ask them :)
I would say about an hour of time based on my professors turn around time. I would personally ask to do a meeting with each reference to go over all your experiences and what you bring to the table as well as to asnwer any questions they may have since some areas they may not know as much about you. After all, it's good to give them refreshers on different areas or topics of your life experiences. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey y'all !
When do they typically release the incoming class statistics and the new manual for this year?

also will this thread just roll into this year ?

Hey y'all !
When do they typically release the incoming class statistics and the new manual for this year?
The new manual should be up in the next few weeks since the application opens Oct 2. If I remember from last year I think the class stats were also released around the same time.

did you guys need the actual, physical healthcare card for your application ???? Ive never had an issue with just using the number at the doctor, pharmacy, ect.....

did you guys need the actual, physical healthcare card for your application ???? Ive never had an issue with just using the number at the doctor, pharmacy, ect.....
I used my physical card. If I remember right I believe I had to include a copy/scan of it but don't quote me on that. I believe it's also just less for them to have to worry about validity wise. You could email and ask if they will just take the number but it never hurts to get a new card for anything in the future that may also require the physical card